'SpongeBob SquarePants' Saves Another Kid's Life

Back in April, we told you about Miriam Starobin, who saved best friend Allyson Golden's life with the help ofthe Nickelodeon cartoon "SpongeBob SquarePants."When Allyson started choking on a piece of gum in music class, Miriam gave her the Heimlich manuever.

Spongebob

"I didn't even have to think about," she told PIX 11 News. "I just went over there, picked her up and started performing the Heimlich."

Starobin said that she started performing the lifesaving procedure after recalling an episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" in which SpongeBob's cranky neighbor, Squidward, choked on his clarinet.

Now another child has saved a friend's life with the help of SpongeBob!

"The Early Show" reports that 8-year-old New Jersey boy Reese Ronceray saved his 5-year-old neighbor, Andrew Gentile, from drowning last weekend with a technique he says he learned from the "SpongeBob" cartoon.

Watch CBS News Videos Online

We feel A LOT better now about all those "SpongeBob" episodes we've let our kids watch .... Who knows when all that "edutainment" may become lifesaving?!

next: Info Graphic: The REALLY Hidden Costs of Raising Kids
Kandra Harbinson November 30, 2010, 12:25 AM

I gather that might be urgent for getting.

buy valium December 1, 2010, 2:19 PM

Moving and powerful! Youve certainly got a way of reaching people that I havent seen very often. If most people wrote about this subject with the eloquence that you just did, Im sure people would do much more than just read, theyd act. Great stuff here. Please keep it up.

Rayford Wenstrand December 2, 2010, 5:17 AM

What I want to talk about is not pertaining to , but rather the strategy and philosophy behind using that.

Shirley Claudio December 3, 2010, 10:28 AM

Fantastic work! This is the kind of advice that should really be shared all-around the internet. Shame around the serps for not positioning this submit higher!

Ryan Blacher December 5, 2010, 4:05 PM

Take a look at the fabulous conclusions with reference to.

boston limousine December 10, 2010, 1:57 PM

Perhaps you have regarded as including significantly more movies for your weblog posts to maintain the readers a good deal more entertained? I suggest I just learn by the complete write-up of yours and it was particularly high-quality but considering that I’m even more of a visible learner,I discovered that to become significantly more very helpful nicely let me understand how it turns out! I appreciate what you guys are consistently up as well. This kind of intelligent do the trick and reporting! Retain up the terrific functions guys I’ve additional you guys to my blogroll. This can be a beneficial piece of writing thanks for sharing this useful details.. I’ll see your blog site often for some recent publish.

Stainless Steel Sheets For Sale December 18, 2010, 1:08 AM

If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend.

Harris Davydov December 22, 2010, 10:25 PM

It’s the time to get in on the ground floor.

Wilbur Parsygnat December 23, 2010, 7:09 PM

I hope outsiders don’t take this BS seriously.

Lovella Mabbott December 25, 2010, 8:18 PM

Some realm probably comes low on the list.

Tai Lautaret December 27, 2010, 3:26 AM

This will be the ancestor to.

danish diet December 27, 2010, 5:40 AM

I have been after the Web for this information and just wanted to say thanks to u for the post. Also, just off topic, where can i get a copy of this theme? – Thanks

kaltschaummatratzen January 3, 2011, 12:57 AM

How did you make this blog site look this cool!? Email me if you get the chance and share your wisdom. I’d be appreciative!

benefits management January 8, 2011, 2:00 AM

Have you considered including some social bookmarking links to these blogs. At the very least for facebook.

HostNine January 10, 2011, 7:53 AM

I keep listening to the reports talk about getting boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the top site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i get some?

Jailbreak iPhone 4.0.1 January 13, 2011, 9:53 AM

There is clearly a lot to identify about this. I assume you made certain good points in features also.

promotion casino en ligne January 13, 2011, 9:06 PM

It’s what this post is about.

Hostel Belgrade January 14, 2011, 6:16 AM

Very nice info and straight to the point. I am not sure if this is truly the best place to ask but do you people have any thoughts on where to get some professional writers? Thanks :)

euromilhoes January 17, 2011, 11:31 PM

I don’t want to offer you meaningless info.

overstock.com coupon code January 18, 2011, 12:46 AM

I enjoy your wordpress layout, where did you get a hold of it?