Strip Club in Former School: OK or No Way?

OK, this is just creepy!

Strip Club

Pioneer Elementary School in Neoga, Illinois, was sold in 2002. Now the owners of the school have opened a STRIP CLUB in it ... complete with a schoolhouse theme! (It's called "The School House Strip Club.") Ew!

Strippers dance in the former cafeteria, and the former teachers' lounge is the "VIP room" for lap dances, reports the Post Chronicle.

Get this: On the walls, there are multiplication tables, chalkboards, a history of U.S. Presidents and a poster entitled "Class Rules" that reads, "Keep hands off dancers."

It's hard to believe this is even legal.

What do you think? Strip club in former schoolhouse: OK ... or no way?

next: Son of Ex-'Survivor' Producer Accused of Murdering Wife Wears 'I Love Mommy' Shirt
Kristin June 7, 2010, 4:32 PM

I see nothing wrong with it. They are all consenting adults. There’s nothing wrong with role-playing. It’s not like they’re actually having kids dance or anything. I wonder what they use all the classrooms for?

Nicole Brady June 7, 2010, 4:44 PM

Classic. That’s some brilliant marketing… only thing that would make it better is if it was a Catholic school converted into a strip club.

Besides, I’m pretty sure there are safeguards to keep people from accidentally walking into the schoolhouse.

momof4 June 7, 2010, 4:49 PM

Well I think the only opinions that matter are those of the people who frequent these types of places, and frankly they probably like it. On a marketing level, it is a unique concept. I personally think it’s gross, but as a mom of 4…I don’t typically look for a strip club or a moral one for that matter.

Robin June 7, 2010, 5:36 PM

Why wouldn’t it be legal as long as they have the correct permits? It’s a business, it’s better then having a rotting building sitting there.

AnonymousOne June 7, 2010, 6:04 PM

As long as kids aren’t around, why would anybody care?

Mike June 7, 2010, 8:16 PM

Does Illinois have a state budget? Does Neoga have it’s schools funded? Are the teachers paid and the students taught. We’re millions short and weeks approaching months late here in Yonkers, NY. And we’re overcrowded, provided everyone plays nice and cleans up after themselves I propose leasing the schools to strip clubs while they’re still schools if it’ll pay the bills. You might get more fathers at PTA meetings just because they’re saving themselves a good seat.

anon June 9, 2010, 6:55 PM

that’s hot

Leandra June 9, 2010, 6:56 PM

…It’s just a building.

Faye June 9, 2010, 6:58 PM

No. Gross. Bad. Especially if I was a student there at one point.

Ronnie June 9, 2010, 6:59 PM

The opposite is happening in my area. A strip club went out of business, and the property was purchased by a community college for a satellite facility.

Alex June 9, 2010, 7:04 PM

Man! i wish i could’ve came up with that cuz i could be rich, haha

anon2 June 9, 2010, 7:04 PM

i like it

Britt June 9, 2010, 7:09 PM

At least it’s not the other way around: a strip house turned into a school.

Jester June 9, 2010, 7:11 PM

I think it’s hilarious. They’re making money. Why not? It’s their building now.

Richard June 9, 2010, 7:16 PM

AWESOME

lqtm June 9, 2010, 7:19 PM

Well, so long as it sexualizes the elementary school theme and not elementary students it seems fine.

No rephrase that, it seems like a reason to actually go back to elementary school. Also, it piques my curiosity and actually makes me want to visit a strip club.

Anon June 9, 2010, 7:24 PM

It’s not like they turned a church building into a strip club. Honestly, it’s no big deal.

Heffey June 9, 2010, 7:30 PM

Ironic! Once a schoolhouse, filled with innocent children, now a strip club filled with dirty-minded adults. Other than that, As long as this place is not STILL a school during the day, there is nothing wrong with this. It is just a building….

Garii June 11, 2010, 6:39 PM

Some people’s morals make me laugh…

Sharayah June 11, 2010, 9:24 PM

This is just stupid. Children are not in or around the building, so it`s not even a little creepy. I think it’s actually pretty clever, going full-on with the whole schoolgirl fantasy. Kudos.

Also, the former students have a great story down the road where they talk about how some topless chick now dances where they used to take naps.