What's on the School Menu? Hot Cheetos with Cheese!

A student at a California school took it upon himself to expose his cafeteria for serving food with almost zero nutritional value (unless, that is, you think a bag of hot Cheetos covered with cheese is healthy). The teen obviously couldn't take it anymore.

The unnamed student explained why he had outed his school's "junk food" fare to the food blog Slow Food. "I really hate seeing this kind of food going around at the school, because it probably causes some of the most long-term problems in any of the kids at my school," he said.

That's one smart kid.

Would you be happy if your kid ate this for lunch ...?

Cheetos Lunch

Source: Slow Food USA via Tabloid Prodigy.

next: Chris Brown Should Win an Emmy for His BET Award Show Performance
Christi June 29, 2010, 3:36 PM

While it may be ‘tasty’ to someone, it is nowhere near appropriate to be serving to children at school! It reminds me of something a pregnant woman would crave… I’d be angry if my children were served this for lunch and they would definitely be bringing bagged lunches from then on!

anonymous June 29, 2010, 5:18 PM

That’s just gross.

MamaOnDaGo June 30, 2010, 12:01 AM

They served this to me when I was in jr
high….20 years ago!!! They also allowed smoking in restaurants…back in the day. I have to admit, I used to like it. I can’t believe with all the news, high obesity rate, etc they’re still serving this.

dannyBAMF June 30, 2010, 8:19 AM

They’re not actually serving THIS. As you can see, it’s a hot Cheeto bag, and someone poured nacho cheese in it and stuck in a fork. i don’t know about other schools, but at mine, they serve a meal, a bag of chips, some sorta fruit and milk. Who ever eats this is eating it on there own terms, it’s not being offered like that. So don’t get your panties in a bunch over some kids munchies.

SL July 1, 2010, 10:22 AM

Kozy Shack Pudding makes a great snack, and they are currently offering the chance to win up to $1,000,000 in a Photo Contest. Visit http://switchtokozyshack.com/ to learn more, but hurry it ends July 15!

Kristina July 19, 2010, 1:15 AM

O_O

That’s just wrong…

And our california schools have been doing pretty good about cutting most of the obviously disgusting things out. We used to have candy bars, donuts, and pizza. The thing is, they just cut out the bad stuff, they didn’t add anything good. No fresh food, fruits, or vegetables. Glad I’m outta high school.

Anonymous July 28, 2010, 1:30 AM

at my school they would raise the price for your lunch if you DIDN’T get fries. so people who just wanted a salad or sub or taco had to pay more unless they bought fries as well.

Anonymous September 8, 2010, 4:49 PM

That reminds me of something my friends and I would’ve eaten in high school when we had the Munchies lol

Anonymous September 29, 2010, 6:50 PM

That is not right.

dannyBAMF according to the article, it states the school SERVED this at a food fare. Seems like serving to me. The student who reported this was there and you were not. Glad someone cares. This was served at my school before we all protested. The servers would take the good stuff home in trunk of their cars. Serve the kids the slop instead. We “children” are the reason they have jobs. So somebody should care.

cheeto lover February 22, 2011, 9:48 AM

shutup you rightwing nut jobs cheetos are good they