Bethenny Frankel on Drinking During Pregnancy

"Bethenny Getting Married?" starBethenny Frankel talksto momlogic about drinking while preggers. Did she or didn't she?

bethenny Frankel

"I had a glass of wine here and there -- maybe two during my entire pregnancy," she says. "I had a glass of champagne at my wedding, and a few sips of wine on occasion, but it wasn't like I was boozing it up. I also had some blue cheese from time to time. I wasn't obsessive about it. I really didn't think I would harm the baby by having a couple of bites of blue cheese in my salad. I wasn't militant at all."

Bethenny says that since having the baby, she has had a Skinnygirl Margarita now and then, but the breastfeeding mama says she hasn't had to "pump and dump" yet. Bethenny has already hit the town on two -- count 'em, two -- date nights with her hubby, Jason, to places like Stanton Social. "It's really important to have that one-on-one time together," she says.

The July 8 episode ("So Hoppy Together")is the one wherein she and Jason tie the knot. (It airs on Bravo at 10 PM ET/PT.) Were kids allowed at the wedding? Nope, says Bethenny. "There were some parents there, but there were no kids," she says. "It wasn't that kind of wedding."

next: Why Did Kyron Horman's Dad Get a Restraining Order Against Wife?
Anon  July 1, 2010, 12:00 PM

Who is this chick and why is she so popular?

Georgie July 2, 2010, 6:46 AM

1) She’s ridiculous to drink during pregnancy.
2) You don’t need to pump and dump, it’s a waste of milk. Alcohol leaves milk just like it does blood and they sell test strips to know when it’s safe.

K July 2, 2010, 6:49 AM

I’m with Anon…who the heck is this woman and who cares what she says or thinks…just because she says it doesn’t mean it’s right or true. So tired of these people wanting 10 min of fame for doing NOTHING. Interview some REAL moms…oh but that isn’t “interesting” if I had said it right?

SS July 2, 2010, 10:30 AM

You may not be a fan of her but she isn’t a celebrity for doing nothing. She’s the author of best selling books in addition to being on a reality show. She has her own line of low calorie cocktails and is an accomplished chef.

Momlogic is a place for famous and nonfamous moms to talk about motherhood. That’s what this article is doing. If you’re not interested in reading it then don’t.

Sarah  July 2, 2010, 11:17 AM

Thanks SS you are absolutely correct. And what does K mean by REAL moms? Are children of famous or professional woman being raised by robots or wolves? Being famous doesn’t automatcially negate your being a mother. Even if they have a nanny, they are stil REAL mothers. Just like adopting or not having kids doesn’t mean you’re not a real mother or not a complete woman. Get a grip K.

Anonymous July 4, 2010, 9:58 AM

Why is anyone listening to this woman about pregnancy? Wasn’t here baby premature?

Kendra July 23, 2010, 8:53 AM

Bethenny Frankel attended the Natural Gourmet Culinary Institute in New York to become a chef. She is the former owner of BethennyBakes, a company that provided wheat-, egg-, and diary-full baked goods, meals for private clients and a custom meal deliver service.

She was 1 of 18 contestants in The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. Making it to the finale, losing to Dawna Stone.

She was formerly on of 7 women featured on Bravo’s The Real Housewives of New York City (she will not be returning for season 4).

She now is on Bravo’s spinoff, Bethenny Getting Married?. Which follows Frankel through planning of her wedding and life with Jason Hoppy and follows her pregnancy.

She is a best selling author of Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself, The SkinnyGirl Dish: Easy Recipes for Your Naturally Thin Life, The SkinnyGirl Rules, an audio book read by Frankel, which summarizes the first two books. She is currently working on two more books, A Place of Yes, and Naturally Fit Pregnancy. She has a line of low-cal margaritas, SkinnyGirl margaritas, she released an exercise DVD Body by Bethenny in 2010, and is also developing a skincare line.

So as SS stated she is not famous for nothing! She is an accomplished career woman.

As for drinking during pregnancy, I for one was told by my OB that a glass of red wine occasionally would be fine. I however did not abide in my beloved wine during pregnancy because just the smell of it made me vomit! I too ate blue cheese, its one of my favorite foods and according to my OB a little bit will do no harm! Its all about moderation when it comes to anything relating to pregnancy. You cannot have too much of anything including, alcohol, food, exercise, etc…

As for anonymous’s comment, what does having a premature baby have to do with anything? Both of my babies were premature! Does that make me any less of a mother or authority on pregnancy? NO!
Every woman who has ever carried a child can in some way provide advice and stories of pregnancy to other woman.

Being a mother is being a mother if you have a child whether its through natural means, adoption, or surrogacy, you are a mom!

The bottom line..all woman are different and every pregnancy is different.

My burning question is why are women so judgemental of eachother? Its utterly ridiculous!

Cindy September 2, 2010, 7:14 AM

I think that Bethenny and Jason are a good couple and I’m glad to see that she is going with her feelings about not going back on the show. I know that it is a show so it’s always open to some scripting and last season was in my opinion very much true as far as the way Kelly behaved bipolar and Jill being jealous of Bethenny having her own show. It was high school. Good luck to all the ladies and thank you for coming into our homes and being yourselves.

buy diazepam December 1, 2010, 3:17 PM

Great job here. I really enjoyed what you had to say. Keep going because you definitely bring a new voice to this subject. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Well, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see more of this from you.

oktay usta krep tarifi December 14, 2010, 12:35 AM

krep tarifi, tatli krep tarifi, sade krep tarifi, krep hamuru

dieta atkins December 27, 2010, 1:09 PM

I was beeing scouring the Web for this information and just wanted to thank u for the post. Also, just off topic, where can i get a version of this theme? – Regards

cura slabire January 3, 2011, 9:30 PM

I have beeing looking the WWW for this information and i wanted to say thanks to you for the post. BTW, just off topic, how can i get a version of this theme? – 10x

HostNine January 10, 2011, 1:42 AM

As a Newbie, I am always exploring online for articles that can aid me. Thank you

de slabit January 11, 2011, 7:38 PM

I was been trying to find the Web for this information and just wanted to thank u for the post. Also, just off topic, where can i find a version of this theme? – 10x

Jailbreak iPhone 4.0.1 January 13, 2011, 12:38 PM

Good article, thanks! Could you tell me about the third paragraph in more detail?

Belgrade Hostel January 13, 2011, 4:20 PM

Awesome post this will help me!

iq test January 19, 2011, 8:31 PM

I have been trying to find the Web for such info and i wanted to say thanks to u for the post. By the way, just off topic, where can i get a version of this theme? – Thanks

Rashad Bennette February 5, 2011, 6:22 AM

Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!…

Myrta Gershen February 6, 2011, 7:48 AM

Well I truly enjoyed studying it. This tip offered by you is very effective for accurate planning.

Aurore Rayome February 11, 2011, 1:34 AM

Inside the Chateau, visitors encounter powerful, unpredictable decor that plays a melodic homage to the classic, contemporary, and even the medieval era.