Cindy Anthony Still Believes Caylee Anthony Is Alive

Momlogic's Momstrosity: Yesterday, the Anthony family was in court. It was a day full of "firsts." It was the first time since 2008 that the entire Anthony clan was in the same room. It was the first time we got to hear Cindy and her son, Lee, answer questions without sounding belligerent or evasive. And it was the first time we received proof that Cindy is in the ultimate state of denial.

cindyanthony-911.jpg

The pretrial hearing was held to determine whether or not the 911 calls made by Cindy Anthony could be used as evidence in the trial of her daughter, Casey Anthony, who has been charged with murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. (The trial is scheduled for May 2011.) In the frantic calls, Cindy told the operator, "I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

To me, the most amazing part of the hearing was not Judge Belvin Perry's ruling that the 911 calls were not hearsay, but rather "excited utterances" -- and thus admissible in court. Nor was it Lee mouthing the words "I love you" to his sister across the courtroom. No, the most shocking bit of the proceedings was Cindy Anthony telling the court that she believe Caylee is still alive.

What?!

Is Cindy trying to cop an insanity plea in case she and her husband, George, are charged with obstruction of justice??

BTW I was at Caylee's memorial. So was Cindy. Momlogic Goes to Caylee's Memorial

next: Super Saver? Take the Supermarket IQ Quiz!
Tessa July 16, 2010, 1:32 PM

It hit me so weirdly and eerily when Lee Anthony with that funny weird look on his face while mouthing off “I love you” across the room to Casey and the way he was dressed in an unkempt manner in court looked like he just rolled out of bed. I felt he had a total disrespect for the court system! I just couldn’t help wondering that maybe he was sexually involved with Casey when she was younger. How about his screaming like a weirdo “CMA” “CMA” during Caylee’s memorial service last year???

Something is not right with this dysfunctional family..too many dark secrets living within in the Anthony home on Hopespring Drive!

Justice for CMA July 16, 2010, 3:09 PM

I can honestly say I dont know what I would do if I were in Cindy and George Anthony’s shoes. But I surely know what I wouldnt do and that is enable and aide my daughter to lie. I’d encourage her to tell the truth. This family is and was involved with the coverup of their granddaughter’s murder and that is what the sad part is. Poor Caylee, strangers seek the justice she deserves more so than her own family. Why havent they been arrested for destroying evidence???? Anyone else would be behind bars

kate July 16, 2010, 3:54 PM

Maybe Cindy will go on GMA or ABC or another talk show to tell the world why she said what she said about believing Caylee is still alive. With pay of course. If she really believes that, why did she say on a national TV interview that she keeps Caylees death certificate displayed and why the cremation jewelry, why the entire memorial for that matter. As for that memorial, to me it was more about Casey than Caylee.

Maybe Cindy is heading toward amnesia, she certainly had a lot of “I don’t remembers” on the stand. If so she wouldn’t be able to testify in the upcoming trial. JMHO

Razzy July 17, 2010, 9:08 AM

I believe that SINdy said that to once again create reasonable doubt on national TV. She is a manipulator and liar. She has proven by her actions she will say and do anything to get her Momster of the Year baby killing daughter off the hook. Shame on her. Shame on the whole family! They all took part in the lying and cover up mode for Casey. Isn’t it funny that CMA (both Casey’s and SINdy’s initials)abbreviation means Cover My A**. Her “I dont remember” answers to questions by the prosecution were so she could not be charged with perjury. This is one conniving woman and she and Casey are a lot alike. Only difference is SINdy hasn’t killed anyone. I can’t wait for the trial to start. Those 911 tapes are very damning to Casey’s defense and with her having Cheney Mason, the arrogant, clueless attorney and Jose Baez, the smirking bumbling buffoon attorney those 911 tapes coming in, I feel 100% certain that Casey is going to be convicted. There will be justice for Caylee. Sad that the only ones on Caylee’s side are strangers, and not her family. They never deserved her!!!

Missy July 17, 2010, 10:06 PM

I agree with the other comments regarding how dysfunctional the Anthony family is. Then to top it off, the Defense team is just as shady, and dishonest,as any crook that would be serving time in jail. Sindy appeared to be on some kind of meds for how calm she was, for we know how she can be, and she wouldn’t care even with Judge Perry being there. There were a few lies that Sindy still continued to cough up. Recall the statement of the smell of the car. You mean she would use the expression “that it smelled like a dead body in the damn car” if it didn’t. That is an unusual expression, to just get the police there. During the pretrial, the word from Sindy and even (Leon) Chaney the werewolf made it sound as though this was just a normal day, no real fighting between Sindy and Kasey, but a discussion. For even Leon Chaney was sounding off, made the comment, that there was no running around the house or acting crazy was there (before Sindy made the last 911 call) But Sindy was mad, upset, and beside herself when she found out her daughter hadn’t seen or been with(Caylee) for 31 days. This would be a natural reaction. Then with all the other details that came out only added up to one thing. What did you do with Caylee, Kasey!? Then Lee the laughable was trying to be the peace maker. I don’t know if you heard what I thought I heard, was that at one point Sindy either agreed-ed or answered a question
about Geo telling her about the smell in the car. But in another statement, she clearly stated the Geo didn’t say anything to her about the smell, but they both knew. I just pray that the Prosecution will tear the dysfunctional family into, along with the Scum Team and catch them in their lies and deceit.
Mason just makes me nauseated with his actions of trying to be cute, and make it appear that he is Mister big shot. With the way Sindy came across about still believing Caylee is alive, might just make it as though she would not be a creditable witness for the real trial. The same for Stagger Lee. This case is for Caylee Anthony verses Casey Anthony along with her Dream Team, that I would not call a Dream. They a more like a Night mare.

nanna bee July 18, 2010, 5:38 PM

If memory serves me correctly, I do believe that DNA results were conclusive that the skeletal remains were those of Caylee so why on earth is Cindy even uttering these words now? An insanity plea is not out of the question and she darn well may be facing accomplice charges before this is over. If she had encouraged Casey or made some move to force her to come clean, this whole thing would not have taken so much time. It has drug out until a lot of folks have just dropped out of the picture when it comes to even trying to learn more about what happened to Caylee. Maybe this is the plan, to make us forget before it goes to trial. That won’t happen for those of us who have so closely followed this story and who want justice for Caylee. Rest in peace little angel!

poorlittlerichgirl December 28, 2010, 3:29 PM

From the start,Casey’s behavior appeared to emulate someone who had been sexually molested. The acting out behavior in the pictures were not something you’d normally see. Working with this population I truly believe she was molested but,by whom and how many,who knows. This is not an issue to use to bargain with since the situation does not excuse cold blooded murder. In fact who would believe her now? Also from everyone in the family’s behavior from the babie’s funeral to now tells me that this babie’s death did not come as a big surprise. No one knew where the baby was or suppose to be at any given time. I believe the death of Little Kaylee was done out of anger mom had with Cindy. Her demeanor in court should not be considered to help this lying girl take up more space in the current jail with tax-payers as her beneficiaries any longer. She deserves the same type of death as she took part in to rid of the baby. Poor little girl,beautiful,loving and so so helpless as her mother took the last breath from her. I wonder what her little eyes asked as she died from the chemicals and I also wonder if this child was buried alive? The attention the family has drawn to themselves also tells me that they are each guilty of something. You can bet that my grand baby’s funeral would have never been broadcasted and you can take it to the bank that I would not have been able to stand and officiate much less speak and show support to a murderer who would have torn my heart out. I think looking at this case objectively, all the family has said and done has made them all questionable. I do hope if they are guilty of covering up and lying in court they will be punished just as any past criminals of the court has. This is an unexcuseable issue that has had far too much attention and has gone on too long. Kaylee will never get justice as she cannot be here to grow into something beautiful and she cannot get justice as she has been the victim of something senseless. No child could understand this type of hat-crime ,just as no child cannot understand rape. There will be no justice. There will only be a devastated grandfather whose whole world seemed to light up when he rocked this precious baby named Kaylee.

poorlittlerichgirl December 28, 2010, 3:31 PM

Francois February 15, 2011, 5:16 AM

@poorlittlerichgirl—First of all, the child’s name is spelled CAYLEE, not Kaylee. Out of respect for this poor child, please get her name correct. Her name is clearly written in this article and numerous other articles concerning this case. Second, it’s BABY’S, not BABIE’S. BABIES means more than one baby. Baby’s means belonging to the baby. Otherwise, everything you said is so true about this family. Also, in the videos of interviews, depositions, etc., George Anthony nearly always refers to his daughter as “my daughter” rather than calling her by her name, Casey. Same with Caylee, he always refers to her as “my granddaughter”. I just find it strange that he rarely actually speaks their names.