Isn't It Time Casey Anthony's Mom Fessed Up about the 911 Calls?

Finally, Cindy Anthony will have her day in court. Maybe this time she'll tell the truth.

cindy-anthony-911.jpg
Momlogic's Momstrosity: Caylee Anthony, then 2, was first reported missing by her grandmother, Cindy, on July 15, 2008, in a series of frantic 911 calls.

The little girl's body was later discovered near the Anthony home, and Caylee's mother, Casey, was charged with murder. One of the first clues revealed in the case was that Casey's car had been discovered abandoned in a parking lot. When George Anthony, Caylee's grandfather, and Cindy went to retrieve the vehicle from a tow yard, it apparently reeked -- bad.Investigators concluded that the smell was consistent with that of a decomposing body.

Now, almost two years have passed since Caylee went missing, and Cindy Anthony -- who was subpoenaed to appear in court on July 15th -- will finally have to answer the highly contested question: What did she smell in the back of Casey's car? Cindy has told three very different stories:

Excerpt from July 15, 2008, 911 call:"There's something wrong. I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!"

To WESH reporters in September 2009:"There was a bag of pizza for, like, 12 days in the trunk of the car, full of maggots. It stunk so bad ... you know how hot it's been."

On "Good Morning America," June 15, 2010:

GMA reporter: "You didn't mean that [there was dead body]; you just wanted the police out faster?"

Cindy: "No, I never thought that."

Which one of Cindy's stories do you think is true?

Listen to Cindy Anthony's 911 call:

next: Teens Using 'Angel's Trumpet' Plant to Get High
MP July 8, 2010, 3:32 PM

I hope Casey Anthony burns in hell. RIP Caylee, you poor baby. May you now rest with the angels.

Dedecee July 8, 2010, 8:21 PM

Cindy will never tell the truth, neither will Casey for that matter. They think they are smarter than everyone else and they can b.s. their way through.

Cheryl July 9, 2010, 4:23 AM

Cindy Anthony in only interested in one thing-MONEY-not finding justice for Caylee. She should be sitting in a cell with her daughter as should George because from the day she said it smelled like a dead body in the trunk of her daughter’s car—she know. But to that family, money is more important than the truth!

Harpie July 9, 2010, 5:59 AM

Cindy Anthony is a lying psychopath just like her evil daughter….

Kate July 9, 2010, 7:23 AM

I think Cindy was expressing the truth in the original call. I believe at one time she really did have feelings for Caylee, but I no longer believe that. After following this case closely, I think Cindy and George are enjoying the celebrity, the income, the freedom from work all at the expense of an innocent two year old. How very sad, that baby is of their own blood. At no time during any of their televised (or paid)interviews have I heard them offer a reward for this “nanny” that Cindy claims on the 911 call took her granddaughter. Didn’t they received a windfall at one time that could have been used.

Cindy and George seem to think they are above the law and IMO are trying to make a mockery out of our FL justice system. I hope she will be finally put in her place on 7-15

Razzy July 9, 2010, 7:45 AM

SINdy is just like her baby killer daughter in that truth is a stranger to both of them. I definitely see where Casey gets her lying from. Her dad Georgette is a liar too, but not nearly as good as SINdy and killer Casey. I don’t know how their attorney Brad Conway kept a straight face when he said on TV that his clients SINdy and Georgette Anthony’s stories have been consistent. The only consistency out of these two is the lying. Well, now that I have ranted, I think the real truth was when SINdy said it smelled like there’s been a dead body in the damn car. The last time any truth came out of her mouth was that 911 call, IMHO. After that she was in lying/cover up mode for her rotten daughter. Can’t wait for July 15th to come.

Tammie Croft July 9, 2010, 10:35 AM

Cindy is a big liar, she’ll say anything to help Casey…she’s why Casey lies to everyone…am i the only one who see a similarity between the Anthony family and the enablers,the Van der sloot parents? although it seems like Joran’s mom is seeing the truth… Cindy either believes the men in her family molested casey or doesn’t care if the horrible lie helps casey….

Diana July 9, 2010, 3:30 PM

Cindy was emotional and panicked in the 911 call. There’s NO WAY it was “hearsay” and not admissable. These are the only truthful words uttered. Once SPINdy calmed down, she realized her call implicates evil Casey. Casey’s part on the call where Casey reluctantly gets on the phone and starts blabbing about Zanny and that she talked to Caylee that day, has all been lies from the start. Not the actions of an innocent person.

GriffinGracie32 July 14, 2010, 2:00 AM

Do not a lot of cash to buy some real estate? You should not worry, just because that’s possible to get the mortgage loans to solve such problems. So get a consolidation loan to buy all you want.

MP3 Sites November 27, 2010, 5:40 PM

I can see that you are an expert in this area. I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.

Educational toys November 28, 2010, 1:47 PM

Wow!, this was a real quality post. In theory I’d like to write like this too - taking time and real effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I keep putting it off and never seem to get something done

green tea benefits December 1, 2010, 5:01 PM

why flash error that I keep on getting always I try to replied

My Little Pony December 4, 2010, 10:51 PM

A thoughtful insight and ideas I will use on my blog. You’ve obviously spent some time on this. Well done!

green tea dieting December 11, 2010, 2:09 PM

I concur with the commenters above excellent column btw

Calories burned December 13, 2010, 1:31 PM

this blog rock. definitely one one of I had glanced.

pawleys island vacation rentals January 11, 2011, 4:53 PM

If you golf, choose Little River. If you want to dive into a big indoor heated pool, anytime of day or night, choose Stanford Inn.

Moteriski kvepalai January 17, 2011, 11:14 AM

hello there and thank you for your info – I have definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the web site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again soon..

Wholesale herbicides for trees January 18, 2011, 7:06 AM

samsclub/

Chrissy Compiseno February 10, 2011, 2:33 PM

It is uncommon on behalf of me to find something on the online that’s as entertaining and Intriguing as what you’ve happened. Your page is nice, your graphics are outstanding, and what’s additional, you utilize supply that are relevant to what you’re saying. you are actually one during a million, good job

Wan Hyacinthe February 11, 2011, 1:39 AM

ON a warm and breezy Georgia morning, a tall, toned and down-to-earth Tyler Perry swaggers onto the front porch of his grand palace, dressed to the nines. The 34-year-old new-school playwright, who has, he says, made over $50 million writing and producing plays for the urban theater circuit, says that his 12-acre estate, nestled some 25 minutes outside of Atlanta, is a brick-and-mortar testament to the rewards of faith. Perry should know; in the not-too-distant past, he was jobless, penniless and homeless.