Mel Gibson: A Racist, Misogynist and Anti-Semite!

Dr. Michelle Golland:After years of working with victims of domestic violence, it's clear to me when I listen to the tapes of Mel Gibson apparently berating ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva (the mother of his child) that we are dealing with a classic domestic-violence situation.

Mel Gibson

The abuser (Mel) has lost power and control over his victim (Oksana), and he continues to verbally abuse and threaten her to regain control. In the latest tapes, he is treating Oksana as if she's only a sexual object to be exploited by him. He demeans her repeatedly and shows extreme jealousy.

These tapes reveal an out-of-control man with serious rage issues. He is an equal-opportunity bully, putting down anyone and everyone to try to make himself feel better and more powerful. He's not only racist and misogynistic; lest we forget, in 2006 he made hateful remarks about Jews to the officer who arrested him for DUI. If there was still any doubt in anybody's mind that Mel Gibson is an anti-Semite, a racist and a misogynist, I hope these recent tapes will at least put that argument to rest.

They will for everyone except Mel's few "friends," anyway -- friends like Whoopi Goldberg, who on "The View" tried to explain that she didn't think Mel was a racist because he had been around her and her children. Wake up, Whoopi: Do you think he is going to punch Oksana in front of people, or (coward that he is) would he only do it in the "privacy" of his own home?Whoopi, Mel would never use the N-word in front of you, or call his housekeeper a "wetback" to her face. He's had a well-crafted persona to maintain for far too long to be that stupid.

Whoopi also attributed Mel's 2006 anti-Semitic rant to alcohol. These types of excuses are used by enablers to help the person who's behaving badly avoid taking responsibility for what is clearly inappropriate.My recommendation for any of Mel Gibson's friends would be to stop colluding with his vile words and actions. What he needs is an intervention focused on dealing with the underlying causes of his abusive behaviors and self-destructive lifestyle.

I have been asked, "Could Mel Gibson's alleged alcoholism be contributing to his disturbing behavior?" (as Whoopi said about his anti-Semitic rant). Let me say it clearly: Alcohol doesn't speak for someone; it simply lowers people's inhibitions and defenses so they reveal things they may have been thinking and feeling but had more control over before becoming intoxicated. My clinical opinion is that prior to the phone-call taping, Oksana had experienced high levels of verbal and physical abuse which made her believe it was necessary to record Mel's threats for her own protection.

I believe that Mel Gibson is a dangerous and unstable individual who could harm Oksana, their child or himself in a fit of rage and frustration.

next: Another Pit Bull Attacks!
Anonymous July 15, 2010, 12:57 PM

Again, I am only concerned with him being abusive to her. I can care less if he is a racist.

BeenThere July 15, 2010, 3:22 PM

Domestic abusers are the same all over the world - except for their money & fame.
This FreakShow Gibson sounds just like the guy I married at 17…over 30 yrs ago. Same guy who, to this day, cant hold a job; never bought a home; didnt have the ability to perform sexually for more than a few minutes; cant maintain ANY kind of healthy relationship…even with his own mother and/or children/grandchildren.

But ya know what? It’s not HIS fault.
Nope…it’s YOUR fault.
Dont believe me? Then just get into a relationship with him & I promise, he’ll let you know in a heartbeat how you fu(ked up his world WAAAAAAY before you ever met his sorry, skanky, good-for-nuthin’ @ss.

The guy’s a batterer.
Pure & simple.
Remember that “One Bullet” he saved?
I hope he uses that MF. On himself.
And I hope he leaves his kids enough $ to make up for the cost of that bullet.

Sorry POS.
I KNOW you - and I’d chew your saggy @ss up for breakfast, you little wimp.
I’d crack your delusional sense of entitlement into smithereens.

Wimp-@ssed little baby-hitter.
I wish they’d let me at you and others like you - who think they are men - for just 10 minutes each.

You’ll respect women & kids when I’M thru with your punk @ss.

POS.

Greg July 15, 2010, 8:01 PM

I am a father of 4 children, married to a Russian lady of the same age. I’d like to express my support for this article. Firstly Oksana’s calm spoken responses on those tapes is taken the world over to imply she is scripted. This in nonsense in my opinion. In Russia, a patriarchal society where domestic abuse is common and rarely prosecuted many women deal with ranting alcoholic husbands in this calm way. Furthermore the emotion in her voice is palpable at times when she speaks. If she is acting, then that is an Oscar winning performance. I thought he was an actor and she was a pianist??? What gives.

In addition she was working as a hostess/waitress in a Russian restaurant in LA when he walked in as a customer. This is hardly the modus operandi of a scheming gold-digger. She’d be waiting for 100 years.

It appears to me that Gibson has used his money power and influence in a classic “I’m going to help your career to fly” way, with the hidden intention of controlling this woman. She’s gone along with it because she trusted him. He’s an actor. He’s the one with the ability to play the situation.

Besides that, after 30 years in Hollywood you might think his gold-digger detection skills would be better honed than they are if there is any truth to him being used and manipulated.

lydia July 18, 2010, 3:25 AM

She is a gold digger evil piece of trash russian spy. Period

Sharon July 19, 2010, 12:31 PM

I have to agree with “been there” as I too have been down that road. Mel’s words go all over me. They are the same as those I heard my father say to my mother as I grew up. It was laughable if it hadn’t been so hurtfull. We were on a farm and she rarely even saw another man drive down the road. His rage reflected HIS actions, not hers. His guilt resulted in him accusing her of the things he was doing … so he could excuse his own behavior. Mel’s rantings sound so familiar! Chills to the bone.

Outdoor Garden Fountains August 8, 2010, 12:13 AM

Good stuff, keep it coming.

Outdoor Garden Fountains August 8, 2010, 12:28 AM

hey, nice place ya got here.

ispanakli krep tarifi December 14, 2010, 12:35 AM

krep tarifi, tatli krep tarifi, sade krep tarifi, krep hamuru

Online insurance policy December 17, 2010, 1:45 PM

This is the great post. Thanks

gry dla doroslych December 28, 2010, 4:18 PM

Yeah, good job. Keep going posting…

cura slabire January 3, 2011, 6:36 AM

I was been after the Web for such info and i wanted to thank u for the post. Also, just off topic, how can i download a version of this theme? – Thank you

Wedding Ceremony Readings Non Religious January 6, 2011, 1:53 PM

If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair.

Ten Tees January 9, 2011, 3:03 PM

Interesting post. Good and fun reading. I’ve got one point to give about tee shirts.

Unlock iPhone January 14, 2011, 12:19 PM

I am constantly invstigating online for ideas that can aid me. Thanks!

Bass Wood Blinds January 19, 2011, 4:04 PM

Well this sort of article is really worth searching for, great info for visitors and positively exhibits quality writing. Its great to have these kinds of reports around to maintain the information flow. Helping persons who really enjoy this, great work! Thanks again for taking the time to put this up. I unquestionably enjoyed every bit of it.

three peaks challenge March 6, 2011, 4:05 PM

A really good set of info which I will be certainly coming back to read again. Thanks very much to all those who contribute.

Hee Chrzan March 17, 2011, 6:53 AM

abundant listing you’ve lock up

Jeanne U. Bullock March 24, 2011, 5:47 AM

Fascinating

peel and stick wall decor sabres March 28, 2011, 7:09 AM

He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man I ever met.

do follow search engine March 29, 2011, 1:19 PM

There are a lot of strange comments on here.