Mel Gibson: A Racist, Misogynist and Anti-Semite!

Dr. Michelle Golland:After years of working with victims of domestic violence, it's clear to me when I listen to the tapes of Mel Gibson apparently berating ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva (the mother of his child) that we are dealing with a classic domestic-violence situation.

Mel Gibson

The abuser (Mel) has lost power and control over his victim (Oksana), and he continues to verbally abuse and threaten her to regain control. In the latest tapes, he is treating Oksana as if she's only a sexual object to be exploited by him. He demeans her repeatedly and shows extreme jealousy.

These tapes reveal an out-of-control man with serious rage issues. He is an equal-opportunity bully, putting down anyone and everyone to try to make himself feel better and more powerful. He's not only racist and misogynistic; lest we forget, in 2006 he made hateful remarks about Jews to the officer who arrested him for DUI. If there was still any doubt in anybody's mind that Mel Gibson is an anti-Semite, a racist and a misogynist, I hope these recent tapes will at least put that argument to rest.

They will for everyone except Mel's few "friends," anyway -- friends like Whoopi Goldberg, who on "The View" tried to explain that she didn't think Mel was a racist because he had been around her and her children. Wake up, Whoopi: Do you think he is going to punch Oksana in front of people, or (coward that he is) would he only do it in the "privacy" of his own home?Whoopi, Mel would never use the N-word in front of you, or call his housekeeper a "wetback" to her face. He's had a well-crafted persona to maintain for far too long to be that stupid.

Whoopi also attributed Mel's 2006 anti-Semitic rant to alcohol. These types of excuses are used by enablers to help the person who's behaving badly avoid taking responsibility for what is clearly inappropriate.My recommendation for any of Mel Gibson's friends would be to stop colluding with his vile words and actions. What he needs is an intervention focused on dealing with the underlying causes of his abusive behaviors and self-destructive lifestyle.

I have been asked, "Could Mel Gibson's alleged alcoholism be contributing to his disturbing behavior?" (as Whoopi said about his anti-Semitic rant). Let me say it clearly: Alcohol doesn't speak for someone; it simply lowers people's inhibitions and defenses so they reveal things they may have been thinking and feeling but had more control over before becoming intoxicated. My clinical opinion is that prior to the phone-call taping, Oksana had experienced high levels of verbal and physical abuse which made her believe it was necessary to record Mel's threats for her own protection.

I believe that Mel Gibson is a dangerous and unstable individual who could harm Oksana, their child or himself in a fit of rage and frustration.

next: Another Pit Bull Attacks!
computer support March 30, 2011, 8:12 PM

I believe this is among the so much important info for me. And i am happy reading your article. But wanna statement on some normal issues, The web site taste is wonderful, the articles is in reality great : D. Good process, cheers

Drew Cervetti March 30, 2011, 9:32 PM

Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

renter mortgage calculator March 30, 2011, 10:12 PM

That was interesting . I like your finesse that you put into your post . Please do continue with more like this.

ebook readers March 31, 2011, 12:47 AM

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this web site. I’m hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming as well. Actually your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own website now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a great example of it.

Betty A. Rankin March 31, 2011, 3:05 AM

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 3:41 AM

Hi there, You have done an incredible job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this website.

Yohimbin und Ephedra March 31, 2011, 7:01 AM

Thank for that great web log! I totally appreciate it! ECA Stack

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 8:29 AM

It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

remote computer repair March 31, 2011, 3:43 PM

F*ckin’ awesome things here. I am very satisfied to see your article. Thanks a lot and i’m taking a look forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 4:35 PM

Hi there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.

hemorrhoids March 31, 2011, 8:20 PM

I can’t figure out how to subscribe to the comments via my reader . I want to keep on top of this, how do I do that?

attract men March 31, 2011, 9:32 PM

I’m not sure exactly why but this site is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I’ll check back later and see if the problem still exists.

program tv April 1, 2011, 2:24 AM

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

wpolscemamymocneseo April 1, 2011, 4:36 AM

Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this website.

reliacard April 1, 2011, 4:52 PM

Interesting, I am curious what the statistics are on your first point there…

BUSINESS JET CHARTER April 2, 2011, 10:23 AM

Can you email me with any pointers about how you made your site look like this, I would be thankful!

wpolscemamymocneseo April 2, 2011, 10:29 AM

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people think about worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Motocross Number Plates April 2, 2011, 3:10 PM

Very hlpful Post! I am so glad I stumbled onto this. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thks for the post. I’ll definately visit again! Jer

Chadwick Froelich April 2, 2011, 10:29 PM

for all its power, uses

stream direct reviews April 2, 2011, 11:55 PM

Thank you for any other informative website. Where else could I am getting that type of information written in such an ideal way? I’ve a project that I’m just now running on, and I have been at the glance out for such info.