Sick of Toxins Being Found in Kids' Jewelry!

Angry Mom:I just read that 137,000 pieces of children's jewelry from two stores my daughter and I frequent -- Justice and Limited Too -- have been recalled for high levels of cadmium. The recall was the sixth since June, and involved 19 different styles of necklaces, bracelets and earrings from a company called "Tween Brands." Earlier in June, millions of "Shrek"-themed drinking glasses were recalled for toxic levels of cadmium, and in May, some Miley Cyrus jewelry from Walmart was recalled, too.

Justice BFF bracelet

I don't get it. How is it that this "cadmium" can be used in anything, much less products for our children? I Googled this stuff and found out that it "bioaccumulates" (concentrates in the body without being expressed like other toxins are). Cadmium is considered carcinogenic by most health and safety agencies because it irritates internal organs such as the lungs and intestines, and long-term exposure to the element can cause death. Awesome!

There was once a time when lead and arsenic were used in makeup, and cadmium itself was used as a medical treatment until scientists figured out how dangerous it was. There's no telling what's in the everyday products we use! I am so sick of this! It's all about making a buck, obviously. These companies don't care about the consumer -- only that we keep on "consuming."

"Tween Brands," the company that distributes these products (and that has "no comment" on their latest mess-up, by the way), should be ashamed.

next: 6 Hidden Dangers Lurking in Your Home
Jenny H July 15, 2010, 9:15 AM

This makes me so angry. Especially considering the hard time the US CPSC gives small business individuals here in our own country who manufacture toys.

Speech Ideas For Student Council Elections November 25, 2010, 1:43 AM

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.

Cure Hemorrhoids November 27, 2010, 4:26 PM

Useful website. Thanks, you describe the topic very well

buy valium December 1, 2010, 3:00 PM

Great job here. I really enjoyed what you had to say. Keep going because you definitely bring a new voice to this subject. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Well, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see more of this from you.

Facts About Monkeys For Kids December 9, 2010, 11:56 AM

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

marbella apartments for rent December 10, 2010, 5:46 AM

Very useful website. Thanks so much, have a good day!

basit krep tarifi December 14, 2010, 12:35 AM

krep tarifi, tatli krep tarifi, sade krep tarifi, krep hamuru

Best Riding Lawn Mowers December 17, 2010, 10:58 AM

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them.

Raymond Navarro December 29, 2010, 3:04 AM

Awsome site! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am taking your feeds also

dieta personalizata January 3, 2011, 1:12 PM

I have beeing after the Web for such info and i wanted to say thanks to you for this post. BTW, just off topic, how can i get a copy of this theme? – Thank you

dieta disociata January 11, 2011, 5:09 PM

I have been scouring the Internet for this information and just wanted to say thanks to you for the post. Also, just off topic, how can i get a version of this theme? – Thanks

Hostel Bridge Belgrade January 13, 2011, 10:25 AM

Please, keep up the greet work and continue to post topics like this. I am really fan of your site!

Unlock iPhone 4 4.1 January 14, 2011, 1:31 PM

Thanks for this article.

hair styles for curly hair January 14, 2011, 11:48 PM

Pay no attention to what the critics say… Remember, a statue has never been set up in honor of a critic!

iq test January 19, 2011, 5:28 PM

I have beeing trying to find the google for this information and just wanted to say thanks to you for the post. By the way, just off topic, how can i get a copy of this theme? – Thanks

Bass Wood Blinds January 19, 2011, 5:47 PM

Just wanted to say, I had a good time going through this website and the opinions from everyone who participates. I find it to be very intriguing and well thought out. Thanks again for sharing this up.

Arlie Capaldi January 27, 2011, 2:35 AM

Very helpful information. Nice piece of info, have a good day!

zespół na wesele February 19, 2011, 2:13 AM

I never knew there are so many international readers here…

BinoMynctrity March 4, 2011, 12:40 AM

I just sent this post to a bunch of my friends as I agree with most of what you’re saying here and the way you’ve presented it is awesome.

Hubert Rodde March 15, 2011, 10:02 PM

Hey, I found your site very interesting. I loved your webblog a lot. Thanks again for sharing this up. I definitely enjoyed every part of it.