President Obama's pastry chef, Bill Yosses, makes one unbelievably delish pie! It's a recipe that's always been a White House crowd pleaser, reports People.com.
Bill Yosses's Apple Pie Recipe
For Pie Crust:
- 3 cups (about 13 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 oz. (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cooled to room temperature and cut into Â¼-inch pieces
- 6 to 7 tablspoons ice water
- 1 egg and 1 teaspoon salt for egg wash
- 3 lbs. apples, such as Gala, Granny Smith or McIntosh, peeled, cored and cut into Â½-inch wedges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey, preferably local
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Zest and juice of one lemon
For the complete recipe, go to People.com ....