Teen Guys Will Say Anything to Get in Girls' Pants!

Guest blogger Monica: I cleaned out my garage over the weekend; dozens of boxes from college and high school were emptied and organized. It was like spending a weekend with my pimply, geeky younger self -- a self whose priorities were very different from what they are today. Judging from a particular book I came across, one of those priorities was to remain a virgin as long as possible. (Like it was hard. Please.) The book is called, "You Would if You Loved Me," and it's a collection of witty comebacks to the most popular "sex lines" of the day (which, judging from the cover, was sometime in the late 1970s). Here's a sampling:

Teen Guys Will Say Anything to Get in Girls' Pants!

Guy: "Baby, you're driving me wild!"
Girl: "No, I'm not. I'm driving you home!"

Also ...

Guy: "Let's go upstairs. I'd like to check out your vault. Maybe I'll make a deposit."
Girl: "I've heard about your credit. Take me home!"

And my favorite:

Guy: "Since we both enjoy music, why don't you come to my room and play with my organ?"
Girl: "I didn't think you could carry a tune."

Hysterical! Well, the come-ons have certainly changed (and the girls are definitely easier), but one thing's the same: Guys will still say anything to get in a girl's pants.

As I started writing this post, my 12-year-old daughter asked me about the book. We'd already had a "just the basics" sex talk, so I thought I'd take the conversation to another level and explain the book's premise to her. Not having any reference to real-life situations like these, she thought the comebacks were good and would probably work if any boy someday "tried anything" on her. Oh God, just the thought ....

I explained that she hadn't experienced a boy giving her "that kind" of attention because the boys in her grade haven't yet gone through puberty. I told her it wouldn't be long, though, and that she would have to guard her virginity for a lot of reasons.

Thinking back to my younger days, I was somewhat embarrassed about being dubbed the "last virgin alive," but at least I graduated high school without a venereal disease, an unwanted pregnancy or a bad reputation. I told my daughter some stories about the girls in my class who had slept around, and how boys (everyone, actually) called them names behind their backs.

I didn't want to scare my daughter into not having sex, but I was very frank about what could happen to her if she did it before her time. We talked about some of the comeback lines she would use if a boy were to ever try something. She came up with, "Whatever!" and "Gross. Are you trying to make me puke?" And then she thought about it, and said that the girls in the book wouldn't have had to say anything if they'd just stayed away from boys. Atta girl!

Hey, I'll take it. I know I can't keep my daughter innocent forever, but while she's in middle school (and beyond, for as long as I can get away with it), I'll do my part to make sure she's never alone with a boy long enough for any "sex talk" to occur in the first place. Because the thought makes me want to puke!

Maybe a modern-day version of that book wouldn't be a bad idea. What do you think?

next: 10 Unappetizing Celebrity Food Endorsements
Matt July 6, 2010, 7:15 AM

I’m just wondering did you explain safe sex options to your daughter, or did you just scare her into not having sex? If you didn’t teach safe sex, you being a helicopter parent isn’t going to stop her from having sex, unless you really are that neurotic where you’ll go on dates with her when she’s 16. My son is a Sophomore in high school and has been with the same girl since middle school. I as a realist know that he and she will eventually come into a situation where sex will happen, but I gave him the tools he needs to protect himself as well as her. I really don’t understand why parents have such a big deal with sex?

Kate July 6, 2010, 8:36 AM

Girls emotions get tied up in sex, much more than boys. Most girls are just too young to handle casual sex. Because really, how many people having sex in high school are really in committed relationships?

michelle July 6, 2010, 9:15 AM

This article is so full of fail. Among the many instances of fail, I love how you teach your daughter to see boys as predators and herself as prey. Also to care more about what others think of her than about her own desires and values. What a great mom. And you’ll make a nice grandma, too, in a couple years.

Anonymous July 6, 2010, 1:50 PM

The book “Virgin Sex for Girls” has lots of discussion of how to say “no.” It might be more appropriate for a slightly older teen, though.

Stacie July 7, 2010, 9:09 AM

Talking with your teenager about sex doesn’t have to be an all or nothing prospect! You can talk about abstinence, about safe sex, about deciding with whom to have sex, about saying no….all of those things are an important part of a person’s decision making process. Sometimes abstinence is the right path, and sometimes safe sex is the path. Discussions with your son or daughter should always include decision-making skills, and how to determine what they want in a sexual experience.

virgin? July 28, 2010, 9:14 PM

Hello, I am a college student and i was raised by a single dad. My grandma did the scare into not having sex topic telling me it hurt, and my dad was a single dad because of an oopsie, and those two situations combined made me the “last virgin” too. Surprisingly most of my friends were really supportive by telling me to wait because their awkward sex moments werent worth being remembered as their first time. But after high school going to college a virgin, seemed like a huge deal. so i lost it to a not worth it boyfriend, just like my friends. I think the person you have sex with and the situations are more important to stress to your teens then “ages” the first time and the times after with that boy were miserable. But after I met someone who loved me for me, waited patiently after we decided to be together in order for the birth control to kick in and made it special because it was his second time and we loved each other, and had the same regrets about our first time, were now engaged. I think explaining the difference between having sex at a party vs love would help more than scare tactics… ive heard some horror rebel stories about these kids…

Robin24 August 14, 2010, 10:01 AM

Boys do anything to get into girls pants is so most of a lie. Girls do just as much as boys do. But our culture tells us when this happens it the boys did it, but that is a lie. Girls do anything to get into boys pants and foreplay with their gentiles.

Girls play the same games that moms do with boys in getting into boys pants. Like moms who use the excuses of boys need help in dressing and undressing so they can go into boys locker room.

We female are sex predator, molester, and pedophiles. We love this society which tell us males are that. But it us women who have told the society that males are that. We do this to cover our self up in what we really are.

Ever girl and woman have molests a boy. All of the things we do with boys or girls is not holy and we use this thing we are women and we can do as we pleases. This is what we tell children. Moms who bring in their sons into girls locker room or women locker room is not real about safety. We use the men locker room issues to justify our self in bring in boys. We women are pedophiles. Pedophiles like other to take park in their seeing boys naked.

Robin

Uh? September 1, 2010, 6:14 PM

@Robin: WTF?

netty September 13, 2010, 6:56 AM

for sure women/girls are curious about how boys look all nude ! even if they are married and see their husband often that way, a “new” body will be fascinating !
just see any team all nude showering and find out the nice differences …

kb September 22, 2010, 11:35 AM

@ Robin…….YOU may be a pedophile but i know i am NOT! how dare you put ME in your catagory lady! I wonder if you are a lady at all, but a guy pretending to be a lady! UR a sicko!

Berenice October 12, 2010, 11:16 AM

The book would have to be a freaking Bible. The lines that boys come up with these days are just impressive (some worthy of recognition) but before having our girls learning the get away phrases from a book I’d rather teach her how to react and what to expect.

Kamagra Gel

Anonymous November 13, 2010, 5:32 PM

It drives me batsh*t insane when people assume all teen boys are horrible creeps who will stop at nothing to get sex. Untrue! Sure, there are some, but come on. It’s almost sexism, in a way.

Hypothetical situation: what if someone was to prepare their SON like this for if a girl was to do something stereotypically thought of as something teen GIRLS do? Undoubtedly, people would cry foul (or at least this website would).

amber February 24, 2011, 5:11 PM

im only 13 but trust me would be one to know how this stuff works i have been pushed to have sex but did i no never i couldnt do that but those desires of what if still r there so no matter wat a parent says the child will still do wwat they want