Teen Trend: Biting Each Other 'Twilight'-Style

"Eclipse" is all the rage ... and now teens are expressing their love and devotion by biting each other and drawing blood.

Teens say that this is a way to "mark their territory" and "possess" someone; that it's a sign of "ownership."

As if that weren't scary enough, Dr. Jennifer Ashton tells "The Early Show" that biting poses some serious health risks as well.

Do your Twihard teens give or receive "love bites"? If so, what do you think about it?

next: College Orientation ... for Helicopter Parents
SarahL July 7, 2010, 4:45 PM

Anyone that likes Twilight has some serious mental issues - its the story of a teenage girl that has no personality of her own, and quickly becomes completely obsessed with a powerful older man who is abusive. Biting each other is ridiculous; not only because it’s dangerous, but that its a sign that teens think it’s a good idea to emulate a novel written by someone who had a very very sick sense of what a romance should be.

Kelly July 7, 2010, 6:17 PM

Just curious Sarah, when was Edward abusive, cause I don’t recall that part.

Rachel July 7, 2010, 10:57 PM

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God

Acts 15:20

But should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

Kristin July 8, 2010, 7:13 AM

*rolls eyes* I want to see where the hell they find these kids. No one in my area does the stupid crap we hear about on here. This is way up there with those kids would think they’re wolves.

Cindy July 13, 2010, 7:51 AM

I think it’s a disgrace! I pray for these children, I’m not sure which is worse: Being gay or biting eachother!

Oh, oh lord. Have mercy upon these poor souls.

Patrice July 13, 2010, 7:52 AM

Oh, oh lord. Have mercy upon these poor souls.

quesadilla July 13, 2010, 11:16 PM

If your teen or tween is engaging in this type of behavior, clearly you haven’t taught them anything about the dirtiest part of their body (the inside of their mouth) OR Staph infection (which lives all over the outside of everyone’s body, including the neck, even though we shower every day). And if that doesn’t scare you at least a little, maybe YOU aren’t aware that people die from regular, plain, old, mundane Staph…true, it’s generally harmless, but do you really want to gamble with something like your kid’s life?

Morgan July 14, 2010, 11:32 AM

I think I know what is worse. The fact that someone just compared homosexuality to people biting eachother.

lisa July 16, 2010, 9:40 PM

what does this have to do with homosexuality? Just proving your as ignorant as the blood sucking teenagers.

jake July 26, 2010, 11:07 PM

look im there age and me and a few friends[including girls] think its just plain gross. yeah, eclipse is a big thing etc., even me, but we all think at my school that its just plain gross. you wouldn’t see my school doing ANY of that crap!!! blughhh *barfs* lol

sonneandgone September 10, 2010, 4:19 PM

Cool website I loved reading your information

birthday supplies

Scoulaacupe October 5, 2010, 10:06 PM
Scoulaacupe October 6, 2010, 12:29 AM
seosoftking October 12, 2010, 8:25 AM

The best search engine optimization software method, tips an review to start earning lot of money. You

Berenice October 12, 2010, 10:50 AM

I hope my kid never shows up with a bleeding bite in her neck, but I have seen teens with bite marks before, and i really have no idea how that can be considered love marks. What id having a Kamagra Gel box in the closet is the next trend. makes no sense at all.

remnvonteva October 13, 2010, 11:02 PM

A Naruto RPG is a role playing game based on the anime Naruto. Naruto is a teen prodigy ninja and there are many organizations after his power. Naruto has what is calle a Bijuu sealed inside of him. Bijuu is japanese for Demon, and Naruto has the Nine Tailed foxe demon sealed within him. By controlling the demon fox Naruto can gain posers much stronger than any other ninja in the shinobi world. Naruto’s father was the leader of the village and it was attacked by the 9 tailed demon fox. Narutos father used a forbidden jutsu which seals a demon within a body. Naruto was a new born child and his father sealed the fox wihin Naruto so that he could be the strongest ninja in the world and defend the village later on when it was needed. Naruto’s father wanted naruto to be seen as a savior of the village but instead naruto was seen as a demon child and was shunned by most of the village. Later on Naruto does many missions and eventually saves the village from an organization known as Akatsuki. After he saves the village Naruto gains the respect of all the village and is finally seen as the savior.

theninja-rpg is based off of Naruto and you to can become one of the strongest ninjas in the game and gain respect by the rest of the players. Defend your village and go on raids. Train and become the strongest and also bulid life long bonds with other players.

Thanks for reading :)

Hemorrhoid Cure November 27, 2010, 3:18 PM

Excellent information. Nice piece of info, keep up all the work.

diazepam December 1, 2010, 3:00 PM

I hope you never stop! This is one of the best blogs Ive ever read. Youve got some mad skill here, man. I just hope that you dont lose your style because youre definitely one of the coolest bloggers out there. Please keep it up because the internet needs someone like you spreading the word.

Cool Birthday Cakes For Kids December 9, 2010, 9:09 AM

The Internet is like alcohol in some sense. It accentuates what you would do anyway. If you want to be a loner, you can be more alone. If you want to connect, it makes it easier to connect.

Marbella apartments December 10, 2010, 5:22 AM

Very helpful site. Thanks, very useful indeed…