TLC's Chilli Talks Single Motherhood

Chris YandekThis spring on VH1, people had a chance to see singer/performer Chilli -- one third of America's top-selling female group, TLC -- look for love as a single mom on "What Chilli Wants."

tlc's chilli

The show has been picked up for a second season, and Chilli tells Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com that dating as a famous single mother is tough for both her and the guy who's interested in her. "I mean, it can just be tough either way," she says. "But to me, I look at it like this: I feel like a lot of people will say, 'Oh, you just need to date a regular guy.' I'm like, 'What's a regular guy?' All guys can be regular to me. It's your personality and extraordinary things about you that make you different and special, no matter what you do for a living. But I think that when you do date someone, no matter what business you're in, [if you have a] similar career background, it's a lot easier because you understand what the other does."

Chilli continues, "I think that when you talk about dating a doctor, he's probably not gonna be home all the time, so if he dated someone that was in that field ... someone that really understood those hours and how strenuous it can be, it just makes the relationship a lot better because you don't have a person complaining all the time, saying, 'Well, why do you have to be gone all the time?' You know, that kind of thing."

Chilli came to Yandek for an exclusive interview to tell the world she's never been married. Chilli confides that there is some wrong information out claiming she had been married to Dallas Austin -- her son's father -- and that they subsequently divorced. She wants to clear things up and let the world know she has never been married.

"I would like to set the record straight by saying that there's some wrong information out there, that Dallas Austin, whom I have a son with, and I were married and divorced, and I want to clear that up," she says. "We were never married. I've never been married in my life. We were not engaged, nothing like that. We were in a relationship, but never married or anything like that. Never."

Chris Yandek is the editor of CYInterview, an outlet that features high-profile interviews from Hollywood, sports and newsmakers. His interviews are featured by numerous mainstream broadcast, print and online outlets.

next: Stop Wasting Geoffrey's Time with 'Gentle Animals' at the Zoo!
buy digital camera March 21, 2011, 4:33 PM

with thanks for this awesome publish

buy jerseys March 21, 2011, 7:10 PM

As many others, now is my first time commenting here. I indead love this website and read it quite often.

cheap dress wedding March 22, 2011, 4:32 AM

Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars.

forum ereader March 22, 2011, 5:04 AM

Be glad of existence simply because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars.

credit March 22, 2011, 5:20 AM

This is really nice idea dude.iam really proud of you . Do u have twitter?? i want to follow you .thx

Angry Birds Videos March 22, 2011, 9:24 AM

I was curious about if you ever thought of changing the layout of your web site? It is very well written; I love what you have got to say. But maybe you can create a little more in the way of written content so people could connect to it better. Youve got an awful lot of wording for only having one or two photos. Maybe you can space it out better?

we buy houses cumming March 22, 2011, 7:56 PM

Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading properly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

3ds forum March 22, 2011, 7:56 PM

See, it is good to finally see somebody applying some reasonable logic to this. Thanks.

Beats Solo HD March 23, 2011, 2:25 AM

The chirography mode is higher-ranking and the fulfilled is relevant. Thanks in spite of the perspicaciousness you give the readers!

best video projector March 23, 2011, 3:57 AM

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the web the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

cheap dress wedding March 23, 2011, 5:09 AM

Hey! I have saved your site because you have so great posts here and I would like to read some more.

debt assistance get March 23, 2011, 5:50 AM

Hi, The above articles is very impressive,

Rob Rasner March 23, 2011, 8:28 AM

And so industry experts worked out which retailers focus on audio for their estimated clients! HOLY COW! Anyway my thoughts go with people in Tokyo hopefully you are ok as well as comfortable !… Kudos Rob Rasner

car loans for bad credit March 23, 2011, 2:10 PM

What a super weblog! to much info and a incredibly short lifestyle hehehehe keep it up, very good work

4g evo March 23, 2011, 2:38 PM

Hi, The above articles is very impressive,

debt March 23, 2011, 6:28 PM

I’d like to write like this too

review March 23, 2011, 9:45 PM

Hi! I thought your article was neat and will stop by often.

Darnell Snelgrove March 23, 2011, 9:56 PM

Just curious, what wordpress theme are you using because it appearance cool?

droid htc March 23, 2011, 11:59 PM

Once I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get 4 emails with the identical comment. Is there any method you may take away me from that service? Thanks!

Lawyers in Harrisburg March 24, 2011, 2:03 AM

This isn’t the exact info I was searching for but your post came up as the first choice in GooGle and I’m glad I took the time to check it out…I’ll be back A~