Does that mean we can use our leftover cash to pick up a new handbag and pair of shoes?
According to a survey in the September issue of ShopSmart, a magazine from the publisher of Consumer Reports, women are looking for deals when it comes to denim.
Younger shoppers, ages 18 to 34, are willing to spend more -- $60 a pair, on average -- but only one in 10 women say they've shelled out more than $100 for a pair of jeans.
The poll also reveals that 85 percent of women typically wear jeans at least once a week, and more than half said they'd wear them every day if they could get away with it.
A love for jeans, however, doesn't make shopping for them any easier. In fact, it gives a lot of women -- pardon the pun -- the blues.
"As much as women are hooked on these weekend faves turned fashion staple, over half of the women polled [56 percent] said they have trouble finding jeans that fit and flatter, with 8 percent seeking professional help to find a pair," says ShopSmart editor-in-chief Lisa Lee Freeman.
Other poll findings:
* 91 percent of women own at least one pair of jeans.
* On average, women own seven pairs (one in four women owns ten or more), but they wear just four pairs regularly.
* 31 percent of women say they refuse to go up a size to find jeans that fit, 50 percent are holding onto a pair of "skinny jeans" in hope of squeezing into them again, and 62 percent use their jeans as a measure of whether they need to lose weight.
* 54 percent of women generally like the way they look in jeans, while 40 percent admit they feel sexy, and 8 percent dislike or hate the way they look.
* The number one trend women wish would go away and never come back: super-low-waisted jeans (others include ripped jeans, jeggings, and skinny jeans).
* 58 percent of women who work full time in an office wear jeans to work, with half limiting jeans to one day per week. However, 27 percent wear jeans to the office nearly every day.
* The average age of the oldest pair of jeans in a woman's closet is six years, and 20 percent of women have owned at least one pair of jeans for ten years or more.
* Women typically wash their jeans after two to three wears and nearly one third wash their jeans every time they wear them.
Read more stories in the news.