Recession Mama Michele Ashamalla: Our big tradition is a new back-to-school outfit to wear on the first day of school. Target's our standby, but we went shopping today, and there are a bunch of great printable coupons out there that are good for a few days only!
- Here's a fantastic one for $10 off $25 at JCPenney (it's good until Saturday, August 28). They have lots of great stuff on clearance right now, too. The coupon can be applied to regular, sale-priced or clearance items.
- My daughter likes Justice for Girls, and they frequently have 40 percent-off coupons. Here's one that's good until September 6.
- While I was at the mall, I stopped in at The Gap. I usually shop at Old Navy, but for a few days, The Gap is running a 30 percent off promotion -- and even better, the company's donating 5 percent of your purchase to one of six charities. This coupon gives the 30 percent-off discount and benefits Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America, but it's only good through Sunday, August 29.
- Finally, I stopped in at Famous Footwear to check out their deals. They had a "buy one pair, get the next pair at half price" thing going. That's a pretty good deal, but here's a 20 percent-off coupon that you can use on top of that, to make the price really sweet. (The coupon is good through Saturday, August 28.)
- If you prefer Payless, they are also running a "buy one, get one at half price" sale, and here's a 20 percent-off coupon for them, which is good until August 31.