Pretzel Ads Twist Body Image

We came across these N.Y.C. bus-shelter adsfor Snack Factory Pretzel Crispson the siteSociological Images.Some found the taglines disturbing. Concerned citizens plastered information about anorexia over the "You can never be too thin" line, adding the words, "Actually, you can."

Do you think these ads perpetuate a negative body-image stereotype?

Pretzel Adg

next: Hewlett-Packard's Mark Hurd, Jodie Fisher and the Double Standard
Anonymous August 12, 2010, 2:27 PM

The anorexia motto: “nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels”, that ad is such a play on that and I find it incredibly offensive and in such bad taste.

Anonymous August 12, 2010, 5:45 PM

As a woman who has struggled with eating disorders and poor body image all her life, these ads were designed in extremely poor tastes. Ridiculous and definitely offensive.

guest August 12, 2010, 7:35 PM

ewwwwwww assholes! as a girl struggling with an ED, i will never buy this stupid product. how dare they send out that message!

Renae  August 12, 2010, 8:17 PM

I think the pun is that the pretzels are thin “crisps,” but I have to agree that it is in poor taste.

Anonymous August 13, 2010, 5:40 AM

I battled with Bulimia, but honestly, I don’t find these offensive. If you don’t like the ad, don’t buy the product.

EatsOffFloor August 18, 2010, 8:42 AM

WTF that is awful, why would they even think that was a good idea? as if our society doesn’t already have a screwed up sense of how we are ‘supposed’ to look.

EatsOffFloor August 18, 2010, 8:43 AM

High School Senior Pictures Hairstyles November 25, 2010, 1:04 AM

The Constitution gives every American the inalienable right to make a damn fool of himself.

thomas sabo charms December 20, 2010, 4:32 PM

You raise many queries in my thoughts; you wrote an excellent article, but this articlee is also thought provoking, and I am going to need to ponder it a bit more; I will be back soon.

dieta anului 2011 January 4, 2011, 12:32 AM

I have beeing scouring the Internet for this information and just wanted to thank you for the post. Also, just off topic, where can i find a version of this theme? – 10x

Wooden Window Blinds January 13, 2011, 7:18 PM

Just have to let you know, I really had big fun at this webblog. i find it to be refreshing and incredibly enlightening. wish there were more sites similar to it. In any case, I felt it was about time I posted, I am putting your website on my blogroll. Thanks once more for sharing this up. I certainly liked every bit of it.

belly button piercing kits January 15, 2011, 12:58 AM

Let me not be understood as saying that there are no bad laws, nor that grievances may not arise for the redress of which no legal provisions have been made. I mean to say no such thing. But I do mean to say that although bad laws, if they exist, should be repealed as soon as possible, still, while they continue in force, for the sake of example they should be religiously observed.

Vance Hickey February 11, 2011, 4:03 AM

You are a very smart person!

Conveyancing quotes February 27, 2011, 3:58 AM

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!

Marylyn Twiggs April 7, 2011, 2:28 PM

great post. Ne’er knew this, regards for letting me know.

Toms Coupon Code April 8, 2011, 2:34 PM

Adore this article. In which did you come across this data?

sdfsdgfd April 20, 2011, 5:59 AM

Awesome Post. I add this Post to my bookmarks.