Flight Attendant Snatches Baby from Slaphappy Mom!

momlogic's Vivian: And now, yet another surreal chapter in the babies vs. planes saga. File this one under "Absurdities That Make You Say 'What the *$&#?!'"

Southwest Airlines

ABC News reports that a Southwest flight attendant had to "remove" a baby from her parents because the mom smacked the 13-month-old across the face to keep her from crying!

Um ... wouldn't that PROMOTE crying?

The flight attendant, Beverly McCurley, stepped in when other passengers on the flight complained that a mother on the plane was hitting her 13-month-old daughter in the face. McCurley found the parents in a heated fight and saw the mother "strike the child with an open hand on the face." The police report said that the husband was yelling at his wife to shut up because she was screaming at the poor kid.

Paramedics and aviation police descended upon the couple once the plane landed, but concluded that the mother's behavior was an "isolated case" and returned the baby to the parents -- even though the child was reported as having a black eye, which the parents claimed was from an "uncle's dog."

"I think it was a solid move on the part of the flight attendant to take custody of the child," airport police chief Marshall Katz said. "It neutralized the situation; it calmed everybody down."

"Uncle's dog"?! Really? I don't know if I'd be so ready to believe that, considering that this mom unabashedly SLAPPED HER BABY ACROSS THE FACE in public.

I mean SERIOUSLY -- is there any way this is excusable?!

next: Is This the Meanest Dad in France?
Antonio Ciccarone August 19, 2010, 8:52 AM

Sounds like a three-ring circus.

Kelly August 21, 2010, 1:11 PM

That poor baby. Our youngest is that age(we have 4) and there’s nothing on the planet that could make me slap her. If the mother does it in public, she doesn’t see anything wrong with it, and does much worse in private. Kudos to the attendant who took that baby away!! I can’t believe she was placed back with the parents without intervention. The father if just as much to blame if he allowed ANYONE to hit his child, even her mother.

diazepam December 1, 2010, 3:35 PM

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

Wedding Dresses Under 500 December 15, 2010, 2:24 AM

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.

genuine thomas sabo charms December 20, 2010, 4:59 PM

Great points altogether, personally I’m gonna have to bookmark this and come back to it. What would you suggest in regards to your post that you made a few days ago?

dieta rapida December 27, 2010, 5:25 AM

I have beeing looking the Web for this information and just wanted to thank u for the post. Also, just off topic, where can i find a version of this theme? – Thanks

Guillermo Spurlock December 29, 2010, 2:35 AM

Hello.This article was extremely motivating, especially because I was browsing for thoughts on this subject last Thursday.

Premium WordPress Themes January 2, 2011, 1:59 AM

Definitely, what a splendid website and instructive posts, I definitely will bookmark your site.Have an awsome day!

dieta anului 2011 January 2, 2011, 3:56 AM

I was been after the Internet for this information and i wanted to thank u for this post. Also, just off topic, how can i download a copy of this theme? – Thanks

cura slabire January 2, 2011, 11:34 PM

I was beeing searching the google for this info and just wanted to say thanks to u for this post. By the way, just off topic, how can i get a copy of this theme? – Thanks

cura slabire January 3, 2011, 9:01 AM

I have beeing searching the Web for this info and just wanted to thank you for the post. By the way, just off topic, how can i find a copy of this theme? – Regards

de slabit January 11, 2011, 9:54 AM

I have beeing after the Internet for this information and i wanted to say thanks to u for the post. BTW, just off topic, how can i get a copy of this theme? – Regards

Jainapaix January 17, 2011, 9:10 AM

I just sent this post to a bunch of my friends as I agree with most of what you’re saying here and the way you’ve presented it is awesome.

test iq January 19, 2011, 10:03 AM

I was been searching the google for this info and i wanted to say thanks to u for this post. BTW, just off topic, how can i get a version of this theme? – 10x

test iq January 19, 2011, 4:05 PM

I have been searching the Web for this info and i wanted to say thanks to you for this post. Also, just off topic, where can i get a version of this theme? – 10x

Bass Wood Blinds January 19, 2011, 7:03 PM

Hey, I liked the posts and cool layout you got here!|I have your site favorited to catch any new material.} I would like to say thanks for taking the time to share your ideas and time it took to post!! 2 Thumbs up!

Kraig Stotesberry February 6, 2011, 8:45 AM

Hello.This post was extremely remarkable, particularly since I was looking for thoughts on this topic last week.

zespół na wesele February 19, 2011, 2:13 AM

I still miss Michael Jackson very much, Can’t believe his gone!

BinoMynctrity March 4, 2011, 12:41 AM

Thank You For This Post, was added to my bookmarks.

April Karst March 13, 2011, 10:27 PM

Hey I have to tell you, I had a good time reading this site and the insight from everyone that takes time to chime in. I find it to be very intriguing and well thought out. Thanks once more for sharing this up.