Is My Hubby, a Stay-at-Home Dad, More Likely to Cheat?

Guest blogger Charlotte:Men who are financially dependent on their wives and live-in girlfriends are five times more likely to cheat than those who make the same amount of money, according to a recent study.

husband cheating

Does this mean that my husband -- who's a stay-at-home dad -- is more likely to cheat?!

The study found that because being a stay-at-home dad can challenge "the traditional notion of men as breadwinners," some men may feel the need to prove their manliness by cheating.

I for one have never worried about my husband cheating on me. We love each other deeply and are too committed to our family to cheat ... or so I believe. But he is alone the entire time our kids are at school -- so am I just being naive about the risks? What do you think?

next: Dr. Frank Ryan, Friend of Momlogic, Dies in Car Accident
Bob August 18, 2010, 5:21 AM

As a stay at home dad I can’t imagine that the fact that I’m at home would lead me to cheat on my wife. I can imagine that if a man is at home because he’s lost his job, and can’t find another one, and has his self worth tied up in being the breadwinner, that he might cheat. But that comes from low self esteem, not being a stay at home dad.
From a purely cynical view, I love being at home, and have for the past 7 years, why would I want to screw that up?

Stacie August 18, 2010, 9:29 AM

I think you should trust your spouse, not some “recent study.”

Andy August 18, 2010, 11:01 AM

I just want to know: When is MomLogic going to stop writing stupid things about fathers?

BTW, you should read this blog entry: http://daddy-dialectic.blogspot.com/2010/08/fourteen-points-what-sahd-wants-moms-to.html

See especially points number #1, #2, and #4.

Ken Viva August 18, 2010, 5:38 PM

I don’t agree with this study. From personal experience—-no, I didn’t cheat—-I had many more “opportunities” to cheat when I was working a regular job.
Being a stay home dad is—to me—too tiring to have any room for cheating. I will note, however, that my daughter is not yet in school full-time as she is 4.
Regards,
Ken

Anonymous August 21, 2010, 5:42 PM

I think the study you’re talking about looked at couples between 22 to 28. So I don’t think it says anything about all the great stay-at-home dads out there. I think it’s more about which young guys are irresponsible and into partying.

Hemorrhoid Cure November 27, 2010, 2:54 PM

Nice website. Thanks so much, have a good day!

diazepam December 1, 2010, 2:37 PM

I dont really know what youre talking about here. This cant be the only way to think about this can it? It seems like you know a lot about the subject, so why not explore it more? Make it more accessible to everyone else who may not agree with you? Youd get a lot more people behind this if you just stopped making general statements.

adipex pharmacy December 4, 2010, 11:22 AM

this is a smart site. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. Youve got a design here thats not too flashy, but makes a statement as big as what youre saying. Great job, indeed.

Marbella apartments December 10, 2010, 5:19 AM

Interesting reading. Thank you, finally a decent website with good information in it.

Wedding Ceremony Program Examples December 15, 2010, 2:06 AM

If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair.

Earn Money Online Free December 16, 2010, 10:07 AM

Wow! That is the very first time that I saw a person write these an incredible write-up on that given matter. I truly recognize your efforts! Preserve on undertaking such an incredible position mate!

life insurance india December 17, 2010, 1:54 PM

I was doing a research and found you. Thanks.

wholesale thomas sabo charms December 20, 2010, 4:44 PM

My mate and I have been just talking about this specific topic, jane is continually trying to prove me wrong! I am going to present her this particular blog post not to mention rub it in a little!

Leanna December 21, 2010, 9:11 AM

exquisite post, thank you!

slabit pastile December 26, 2010, 10:26 AM

I was been searching the Internet for this information and just wanted to thank you for the post. Also, just off topic, where can i download a copy of this theme? – Regards

Emma Carlisle December 28, 2010, 6:50 PM

Good post this will help me.

dieta anului 2011 January 3, 2011, 10:01 PM

I have beeing scouring the WWW for such info and just wanted to thank u for this post. By the way, just off topic, how can i find a version of this theme? – 10x

Sweet 16 Themes For February January 6, 2011, 2:53 PM

Let me not be understood as saying that there are no bad laws, nor that grievances may not arise for the redress of which no legal provisions have been made. I mean to say no such thing. But I do mean to say that although bad laws, if they exist, should be repealed as soon as possible, still, while they continue in force, for the sake of example they should be religiously observed.

Queen Orendain January 7, 2011, 12:54 PM

Nice site. Thank you, very well written article.

nolvadex-comprimidos January 18, 2011, 2:37 AM