Kate Gosselin 'Sad' about Back-to-School

Kate Gosselin recently blogged:

Kate Gosselin

ALL EIGHT OF MY CHILDREN will, for the first time ever, ATTEND FULL-TIME SCHOOL this year!!!!

I stand in awe, amazement and slight sadness at the thought of this [insert sad, nostalgic mommy music here please].

I can remember ... thinking ahead to the day when I would send eight children off to school Monday through Friday ... at the time, the thought of having eight children at home Monday through Friday scared the living bejeebers out of me.

Reaching this milestone is a privilege that is never a guarantee -- extra especially not in a high-risk sextuplet pregnancy. I feel honored (even if a bit sad) to send them marching off to school .... Just like Snow White and her 8 (please, just on this occasion?) Dwarfs!

We feel a lot of emotions about our kids going back to school, but "sad" really isn't one of them.

Are YOU sad about your kids going back to school?

next: Homework Headache
Jan August 18, 2010, 4:30 PM

What a bunch of idiots. Any Mother who is very close to their children, is sad when the last of her children go off to school. It means that, not only are they getting older, but the Mother is too and will miss the babies in her life. After all that is what motherhoold is about caring and teaching children their way in life………get over Kate gosselin and move on to something or someone else, like Paris Hilton and her puppy. or all the Dogs (two legged) in her life…..

Agrees with Jan August 18, 2010, 6:52 PM

Seriously! You’re clearly trying to start some Kate bashing but this is just too much of a stretch. LOTS of moms are sad when their kids go to school.

cj August 18, 2010, 8:51 PM

I totally agree. Enough already. I won’t follow kate haters or bashing. Shes a mom trying to make it and raise good kids. There’s enough to overcome in life. We should support each other. I cry on the first day of school every year, tears of sadness and joy, celebrating the moment and letting go of another stage in their lives. It’s not a selfish sad, it’s a nostalgic one.

CMM August 19, 2010, 2:09 AM

My daughter turned 5 and starts school this year and YES i am sad!!, that means shes getting older, and eventually will not want to be with momma as much :( My mom said she cried every year we started a new grade, guess Im the same way.
Aww great now IM sad, I LOVE my baby and Im gonna miss her while shes at school

Linda Ehle August 19, 2010, 3:49 AM

Yes alittle sad but excited they are receiving the knowledge they need to cope in this world.I agree leave Kate alone and get a life any good mother is sad remember to be a good christian and stop gossiping we all need love and understanding we need to focus on praising God and his word and pray for others.

ashley August 19, 2010, 4:52 AM

I cry on my kids first day of school every year and their birthdays. My mom did the same thing. My son will start 3rd grade today. That’s a big one, he’s no longeron the lower end of the totum pole at school. My daughter starts preschool next Monday. That will be very hard because she has been right here, with me, for 3 1/2 years. Heck I breast fed (only) for 13 1/2 months!! She’s my girl. So yeah, I am happy and sad!!

LC August 30, 2010, 5:57 AM

what is wrong with being sad? i would think the mum was a bit uncaring if she wasn’t a tad sad!

Amber September 6, 2010, 4:56 PM

I find I’m a little bit sad every year before my son starts school….I think it’s normal.

Good thinking. What are your thoughts on expansion on a global scale? Sometimes people get a little upset with global expansion. I will be back soon and follow up with a response.