ML EXCLUSIVE: Hear Goo Goo Dolls' New Song

One of rock's most beloved and enduring bands, the Goo Goo Dolls, has announced that they will release their ninth studio album, "Something for the Rest of Us," on August 31, 2010.

Goo Goo Dolls Something for the Rest of Us
With his songwriting, John Rzeznik confronts some of the issues that have become part of many people's everyday lives.

"I wanted some of the material on this album to address the disillusionment of the difficult period we live in," he says. "I wanted to give a voice to the emotional uncertainty that accompanies hard times. So many people are struggling to keep it together through tough economic conditions and two wars that seem to have no end in sight. The ones who bear the brunt of these burdens are everyday people. That's who I want to speak to."

Hear the single "Still Your Song" exclusively on Momlogic!

next: Blah, Blah, Blog
Teri August 16, 2010, 11:53 AM

I’ve always said that John Rzeznik is a “very special messenger” whose songs reach out to the very people who need to hear them! His fans always say that he helped them through the toughest times of their lives~divorce, death, illness, tragedy. His voice is very comforting to me & I do believe this new cd is going to be he & the Goos greatest achievement yet in terms of touching the hearts & souls of everyone who hears it!

Teri August 16, 2010, 11:56 AM

I love the keys & the strings and being musician too I deeply appreciate his ability to write these amazing hooks!

kymbreleigh August 16, 2010, 12:34 PM

Goo Goo Dolls have songs that are timeless.They have helped me through the tough times.I say hearing a song from the Goo Goo Dolls on a bad day is like a hug from a good friend.

Sue August 16, 2010, 1:17 PM

Good song

Carol Ann August 16, 2010, 3:33 PM

What a surprise to have the Goo Goo Dolls FB page lead me here. I am the biggest fan who happens to be a 44 y/o mom of two boys. So love Johnny Rzeznik!!!

Rebekah August 16, 2010, 4:33 PM

John has a truly God-given talent to write such poignant songs that reach every day people. His kindness shines through his lyrics and together with the rest of the band-Robby Takac, Mike Malinin, Brad Furnquist, and Korel Tunador-they perform timeless hits that just keep getting better and broader over the span of generations. They are amazing individuals who also help fight hunger and other social issues that arise in our country. There are few bands left who are this atuned to how society has changed and their lyrics/music speaks louder than lobbyist could dream of doing.

Janeen August 16, 2010, 6:32 PM

John Rzeznik is an amazing songwriter-I love every song that I have heard so far from this upcoming album and I can hardly wait until it comes out in two weeks to hear the rest of it. I’ve been a major fan of the group since the Gutterflower album in 2002 because John has the ability to write songs that touch my heart and soul… and he still does!

Glenis August 16, 2010, 9:10 PM

I’ve been a fan for 17 years and I feel this is the best album the Goos have ever made. The lyrics to each and every song that I have heard so far have really touched me.

laurenhill90 August 17, 2010, 8:00 AM

John Rzeznik does write beautiful, heart-felt songs that touch a lot of people, including myself. I absolutely love, love Still Your Song. I bought Waiting for the Rest of It at their concert a few weeks ago, and I play that one over and over!!

buy valium December 1, 2010, 2:32 PM

I’m getting a browser error, is anyone else?

Free Sample Organizational Chart Templates December 15, 2010, 2:21 AM

Sometimes people are layered like that. There’s something totally different underneath than what’s on the surface. But sometimes, there’s a third, even deeper level, and that one is the same as the top surface one. Like with pie.

thomas sabo charms on sale December 20, 2010, 4:33 PM

I am constantly searching online for articles that can assist me. Thanks!

carbohidrati December 27, 2010, 5:24 AM

I was been looking the WWW for this information and just wanted to say thanks to you for this post. BTW, just off topic, where can i find a version of this theme? – Thanks

Derrick Boggs December 29, 2010, 8:40 AM

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write on my blog something like that. Can I take a part of your post to my website?

Moving Truck Rental Unlimited Mileage January 6, 2011, 1:03 PM

If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.

Hostnine User Review January 9, 2011, 8:39 PM

This is great! Where do you find this stuff?

gry erotyczne January 26, 2011, 4:25 AM

Keep going…good job. Greeting from small village :)

lampy łazienkowe sufitowe January 26, 2011, 6:07 AM

Good writing never goes out of style!

oświetlenia łazienkowe January 26, 2011, 7:19 AM

very very interesting, nice post.

oświetlenie łazienkowe January 26, 2011, 1:53 PM