'Real Housewife of New York City' Bethenny Frankel Talks Shopping

momlogic's Vivian:

Bethenny Frankel

Like most new moms, "Real Housewife of New York City" Bethenny Frankel has trouble getting out of her pajamas some days. At a recent breakfast hosted by Drugstore.com, she explained the alliance between herself and the website:

"I don't like transacting with other people," she said. "I don't want to leave the house.I like to look at all the prices and make sure I'm getting the best deal. Unless I have to come somewhere and be a person, I'm literally in bed in my pajamas, working from there. Drugstore.com is incredible, and it's a one-stop shop. Through Beauty.com, you can get fancy cosmetics you'd get from a department store, but with Drugstore.com, I can also get stuff for the dog, for the baby and Jason."

Frankel took me on a tour of her Drugstore.com beauty and household picks for moms on the go. Among her faves? HUGE Ziploc bags, Pampers diapers and Seventh Generation laundry detergent. And talk about being a "regular" girl: She waxed poetic about the virtues of Metamucil in frank, funny Frankel fashion. "We call it 'Orange' -- it's very sexy," she joked. "It was one of the must-bring items to the hospital when I had Bryn. I didn't know we weren't allowed to eat and drink anything, but I insisted we bring the Metamucil and the prune juice!"

When it comes to beauty, she said she's "obsessed" with both exfoliating and "any kind of baby wipe." "Under my eyes, under the baby's butt, I wipe my hands ... I just want to wipe everything," she quipped. "I'm going to wipe each one of you before you leave here."

Every mom has a few indulgences she clings to in spite of her busy schedule. Frankel loves "hardcore facials, where they have to do surgery to clean out your skin," she said. "They don't play nice music. They should play 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre,' because they dig in to get your skin really clean."

Another Bethenny timesaver for moms on the go? "I have a little bag with little sample bottles that you keep in your suitcase, so you don't have to think about it," she said. "The same goes for the makeup bag: Create a separate sample-sized makeup bag that you just keep in your bag. I find it saves me a lot of time."

Inevitably (as moms will do), our talk turned to all things boob, and the whole Gisele controversy resurfaced. "I'm 10 percent still breastfeeding, so we're moving into formula," said Bethenny. "I'm stopping now, and I'm guilty. I hate myself, I'm a bad person -- the whole thing. But you can't tell people what to do. It's a very personal thing that people have to work out themselves."

Thinking about the piece I wrote a few weeks ago, I was curious about her thoughts on breastfeeding in public. "I've seen it, but I haven't done it because I thought it was creepy," Frankel said. "I've gone downstairs into a basement on a couch to do it. I'm not even shy -- I'd probably whip it out anywhere, but because I've seen people get freaked out by it, I didn't."

When I asked her what parenting trends made her nuts, Frankel professed to be a live-and-let-live kind of mom. "Everybody tells everybody else what to do, and I'm not into that -- you have to find your own way," she stated. "I don't think you have to be so crazy. I'm not into hand-sanitizing every time you see the baby. The baby's not made of glass; they're not the 'baby in the bubble.' I'm not into pacifiers, because they rely on them. I'm not into vibrating chairs, because you end up walking the baby around."

Now that she's hitched, Frankel says the next season of "Bethenny Getting Married?" will likely be a more real reality show. "The wedding and baby were great on TV, but it's the little everyday things that everybody relates to," she said. "I'll probably be in my PJs, like I was yesterday at 6 o'clock. I didn't even know it was raining!"

next: Text Ed with Jane Lynch
evening dresses plus size January 14, 2011, 11:54 PM

No one who cannot rejoice in the discovery of his own mistakes deserves to be called a scholar.

Karen January 18, 2011, 8:16 AM

I enjoy reading and I conceive this website got some truly useful stuff on it! .

test iq January 19, 2011, 12:14 PM

I have been after the google for this info and i wanted to say thanks to u for this post. By the way, just off topic, where can i get a copy of this theme? – Thank you

bathroom window treatments January 21, 2011, 8:34 PM

Hey, I liked the articles and cool theme you got here!|I have you bookmarked to catch any new material.} I would like to say thanks for sharing your thoughts and time it took to post!! Two Thumbs up!

Hydroxatone January 27, 2011, 1:37 PM

Well I really enjoyed studying it. This tip provided by you is very useful for accurate planning.

Hydroxatone January 27, 2011, 1:39 PM

Super post it is really. Friend on mine has been looking for this update.

Donald Dennis February 1, 2011, 12:39 AM

A very excellent story. Many Thanks for putting.

Rana Jowers February 6, 2011, 7:36 AM

There is evidently a bundle to realize about this. I suppose you made various nice points in features also.

asymmetrical hearing loss February 27, 2011, 2:23 AM

Keep functioning ,fantastic job!

Forum grossesse March 5, 2011, 1:25 PM

A formidable share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in truth purchased me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If possible, as you develop into expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with extra particulars? It’s highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this weblog publish!

filme online March 9, 2011, 12:14 PM

I have been searching the Web for such information and just wanted to say thanks to u for this post. BTW, just off topic, where can i find a copy of this theme? – 10x

biuro rachunkowe March 18, 2011, 1:03 AM

Art - FL Laker Fan - I think there’s a split vote on that —- that I’m either dedicated or something is wrong with me. Maybe I’ll run a poll in the chat about it. Jon K - As far as Jurassic Park, I think nothing is funnier than seeing the T-Rex chew up that lawyer while he was on the john. LOL

dado rail height from floor March 28, 2011, 8:19 AM

There are only two ways of telling the complete truth—anonymously and posthumously.

dofollowdigg March 29, 2011, 12:24 PM

There are a lot of strange comments on here.

do follow search engine March 29, 2011, 1:58 PM

There are a lot of strange comments on here.

Jeffrey O. Holden April 5, 2011, 6:59 AM

Hi folks, - stumbled on your current website unintentionally whilst searching around the net this morning, and glad that i did! I do like the layout and colorings, but I should mention that I’m having difficulties when it loads. I’m using Shiira 1 internet browser for mac, and the side panel wouldn’t align nicely. i am pretty sure I’ve used the equivalent layout on a customer’s web site, but the menu seems O.k on mine. I think the error is at this end and I’m guessing today’s the day to change for a better one!

Dale C. McDaniel April 8, 2011, 1:21 AM

Interesting

ślady kryminalistyczne April 9, 2011, 1:00 AM

Nice and very informative post. Your opinion is more or less the same as main. Thanks!

hdmi kabel April 9, 2011, 12:20 PM

As soon as I detected this web site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them.

Lindsay L. Blair April 9, 2011, 6:55 PM