'Real Housewife of NJ' Blows $60K After Declaring Bankruptcy!

momlogic's Vivian:You just can't keep a good shopaholic down!

Teresa Guidice

According to the New York Daily News,"Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Teresa Giudice blew through more than $60K on luxuries last fall -- "just days" after declaring bankruptcy for owing creditors something to the tune of $10 million bucks!

Her lawyer, Jim Kriedel, told Peoplethat the cash was book-advance money and Giudice was fully entitled to do what she wanted with it. "Since she earned it after the filing, she was absolutely free to spend it," he said. He went on to say that she needed furniture "consistent with her style on the show" -- which we all know was CRAZY opulent.

Giudice and her hubs are due to auction off a bunch of their stuff -- including a suit of armor (?!) and their wedding rings (?!?) -- but that's expected to only bring in a little over $50K.

What would compel a woman in so much debt to spend so much the minute she got her hands on some cash?

Our expert, clinical psychologist Dr. Michelle Golland, says it seems like Giudice is deep in the throes of some extreme addiction issues.

"Spending money is a high," says Dr. Golland. "We feel that if we have these objects, then we are full and complete. It's a battle between the internal and the external, and believing that the external things make us feel better. There's this constant building up of the external, but as you do that, the internal is shrinking because you are so unaware. You might be anxious or depressed. With anxiety, it's a vicious cycle because you shop, you feel better, then you worry about what you spent. With depression, you might be unhappy with yourself, your role or your life, and you want to avoid those feelings."

Yeah, but isn't $60K some serious avoidance?

"People's shopping addictions are relevant to their lifestyle," says Dr. Golland. "Someone like her, who is dealing with all these money issues, will aspire to what's just out of reach. They want to be able to keep their status going. Out of all the 'Housewives' on that show -- on camera, at least -- she spends the most. You can see it: She and her husband fought a lot over money. You see that it's this compulsive perfectionism. She's trying to retain something to feel good, to feel of value. It's so out of control."

Word up! Especially since a lot of folks these days would be more than happy to live on $60K a year!

next: Cooking in the Future: What Your Kitchen Will Look Like in 2040
Aquarium kaufen March 5, 2011, 7:03 PM

I sort of agree on some things, but not all.

vigrx pills March 5, 2011, 11:08 PM

Considerably, this post is really the sweetest on this notable topic. I harmonise with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your incoming updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the phenomenal clarity in your writing. I will directly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Admirable work and much success in your business dealings!  Please excuse my poor English as it is not my first tongue.

hearing loss prevention March 6, 2011, 3:51 AM

I am always browsing online for ideas that can assist me. Thanks!

ucuz ucuslar March 6, 2011, 8:10 AM

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing…

vimax March 8, 2011, 2:38 AM

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article

yurtici ucak bileti March 8, 2011, 3:11 AM

Hello, i cant find your twitter account on site, can you send, i want became ur follower in twitter

Bad Credit Home Equity Loan March 9, 2011, 12:11 AM

You actually make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I discover this topic to be actually something which I believe I would never realize. It seems too complex and very broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

vimax pills March 9, 2011, 8:07 AM

Hrmm that was weird, my comment got eaten. Anyway I wanted to say that it’s nice to know that someone else also mentioned this as I had trouble finding the same info elsewhere. This was the first place that told me the answer. Thanks.

filme online March 9, 2011, 3:07 PM

I have beeing looking the Web for this info and just wanted to say thanks to you for the post. BTW, just off topic, where can i find a copy of this theme? – Thanks

Clara I. Gibson March 9, 2011, 4:14 PM

produkcja zwierzęca forum March 9, 2011, 7:33 PM

Your house is valueble for me. Thanks!…

nem alici March 9, 2011, 8:31 PM

כיום מתמחה י . קמפף במתן פתרונות למגוון דרישות, כמו ריהוט משרדי לשוק המוסדי מומלץ!

Barbie Youngberg March 12, 2011, 1:35 AM

Many thanks for your useful article content this detailed data pretty usefull. and, Everybody ought to take the time to submit web content pretty much as good as this one and not saturate the web with nothing! and then, I’m going to share this with all of my friends..! and then, Keep up the excellent work..

vigrx March 12, 2011, 6:21 AM

What youre saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I also love the images you put in here. They fit so well with what youre trying to say. Im sure youll reach so many people with what youve got to say.

bydło March 12, 2011, 9:06 AM

Hey! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the good info you have got right here on this post. I will likely be coming back to your weblog for more soon.

part time jobs for students in london March 12, 2011, 9:21 AM

Should I buy steel golf clubs or graphite ?

Spiritual Forum March 12, 2011, 11:17 AM

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

riddles March 12, 2011, 12:21 PM

As far as me being a member here, I didnt even know that I was a member here. When the article was published I received a notification, so that I could participate in Comments, so perhaps that is it. But we’re certainly all members in the world of ideas.

Ezekiel Kosar March 12, 2011, 1:00 PM

Extermely informative publish right here. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with me. I will certainly be back.