Sextuplets Gone Wild on 'Today'

Bryan and Jenny Masche, the parents of sextuplets Savannah, Bailey, Grant, Cole, Molli and Blake, appeared on "Today" ... and havoc ensued!

Hard to believe that Natalie Morales could actually conduct an interview during all that chaos!

Was seeing the out-of-control sextuplets in action instant birth control ... or was this just a case of kids being kids?

next: 20 Bizarre Band-Aids for Your Boo-Boos
Janie August 11, 2010, 6:13 PM

This was awful!

Kate Gosselin is… well… Kate, but you would never see her 8 running a muck all over the set, screaming and acting out. They have manners and discipline. These kids are completely out of control.

Jill August 11, 2010, 6:42 PM

That’s havoc? Really? That’s normal toddler behavior. Except for the little boy crying for the calculator, they were pretty well behaved: 4 of them amused themselves by running in a circle the whole time and the other one quietly played with a backpack. The 5 on the floor didn’t fight at all. Sure, they were active, but what do you expect from 3 year olds that have been sitting in a room for an hour and a half?

Melissa August 11, 2010, 7:24 PM

The age 3 is the stuff of nightmares. My husband and I have said over and over that two is nothing three is horrible. I can’t imagine six of them.

monica August 12, 2010, 6:56 AM

kida being kids! I loved it!

Christine L. August 12, 2010, 7:15 AM

I also have six children, all boys, from 1 mo. to 11 yrs. Running in circles, jumping, and loud voices are all typical behavior and if a parent lets it go unchecked it becomes typical in all atmospheres. There is NO WAY that any of my children would be allowed to act like that. It is embarrassing, undisciplined, and a complete lack of self control. Don’t get me started about how it is TOTALLY possible to train each one of those children to sit quietly in one spot for the length of a TV segment. I would encourage both parents to take a long hard look at what they want out of their children in the long run and start taking those steps immediately to establishing and enforcing good social and behavioral standards. Kids don’t grow out of that, they’re trained out of it.

Kelly August 12, 2010, 9:07 AM

I cannot believe some of the moms on this site that do nothing but criticize others. Hello, six 3 yr olds kept in one room for an hour and a half before the segment, and you wonder why one is having a meltdown?? Please, they are kids and they shouldn’t be expected to sit down and be quiet after waiting all that time. If the Today show wanted a quiet interview, they would have done the interview as soon as they got there (they tape things and play them later all the time, live show or not). If the parents were super concerned with their behavior, they could have just given them some paper and crayons. It’s not that big of deal, it doesn’t mean they are bad parents. They are kids!!

love August 12, 2010, 11:44 AM

they are 3. i am certain that she is working on their behavior and character, but they are 3. and on camera. and have been traveling. and have been the the green room for an hour & a half.

i would be much, MUCH more concerned if these children had sat perfectly still & quiet on the couch.

do the parents probably wish it would’ve gone a little smoother? OF COURSE. but, honestly, we moms need to start supporting each other more and judging.

keep at it, Masche family, this parenting stuff is hard work, but you are doing just fine!

Nads August 12, 2010, 12:21 PM

Brats, out of control and you’ll see the same behavior maginified at age 13. Even from infancy Jenny had no concept of setting boundries or raising children. Gee no wonder why she couldn’t get prenant naturally. And how sad her kids are 3 and barely speak and three of them look Down Syndrome.

Marcella August 12, 2010, 12:25 PM

She is no better than Octomom. Nature determines who is fit to procreate, naturally. YOu mess with Mother Nature and you end up with weird looking kids with severe emotional problems.

Aunt LoLo August 12, 2010, 12:37 PM

You know…..I think those kids are doing remarkably well. I have just ONE three year old, and if I kept her in a small room for an hour and a half, with whatever snacks were available there, and then put her in front of a camera…I’m pretty sure she’d act the same way. Look at the bright side! They’re not screaming!! (Besides, parenting in public DOESN’T count. You can’t really judge a parent. I’m sure that Mom and Dad wouldn’t let hitting, or stealing, or anything else go on as badly at home. Right now, they’re just trying to not look like a circus on national television. And time outs, on national television, do not for a comfortable viewing experience make!!)

Sage August 12, 2010, 12:48 PM

I can’t believe some of these comments.

“No wonder she couldn’t get pregnant naturally”
and
“Nature determines who is fit to procreate, naturally. You mess with Mother Nature and you end up with weird looking kids with severe emotional problems.”

What awful things to say! My husband and I needed fertility treatments to conceive our baby, due this winter. It’s awful that some of you think that our infertility issues were a reflection on how fit we are to be parents or believe that our child will somehow be defective because we needed medical help. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

christina August 12, 2010, 5:13 PM

I agree that some of these posts are just plain rude! My “issue” with this family is the father’s behavior: He seems emotionally abusive and incredibly immature on the show. I feel badly for Jenny and the kids.

Meggan August 13, 2010, 5:34 AM

Wow some of these women should be ashamed of themselves. Saying her kids look like they have some sort of diabilites or that the woman can’t parent her own kids. What are you 12?
I’m only 18 and I feel like I could raise children with better manners then you could. Geeze.

Gina August 13, 2010, 5:15 PM

The kids are fine but do need some disapline but her husband is very abusive. I do think he will get worse to her and the kids. I don’t agree that leaving a 2 or 3 year old in the bathroom alone is safe. He’s very downgrading to her (the mom) in front of these kids. He takes temper tandrums worse than the kids.. I wonder who they take after? I think she will leave him eventually and I hope she does.

Sheri August 14, 2010, 5:55 PM

The Masches are no different than Kate Gosselin and Octomom trying to play God and cashing in for being freaks of nature. The public unfortunately eats up this kind of stuff. I feel sorry that people play on the public to make money. The Masches will end up just like the Gosselins. Even Octomom said she regretted what she did.

Marie August 16, 2010, 12:34 AM

those kids are out of control. i hate to judge another mom, but…(since they put their lives on tv, it’s gonna happened) jenny needs to evaluate her parenting skills! she lets her kids and abusive husband run all over her.

there are other families on tv with multiple kids and you don’t see them out of control. i don’t expect 3 yr olds to sit still but they also don’t need to be running around, fighting, hitting, and so on!

good luck to them!!!

Anonymous August 20, 2010, 11:28 AM

jenny cant you control your kids

Rebecca August 30, 2010, 5:51 PM

Back off ladies. Those are fighting words you are using. Leave them alone. You cannot judge a parent on such a short stressful bite of time. I thought the mother was very in tune with the child who was having a meltdown and doing all it was humanly possible to do. I agree with another poster who said they would be more worried about kids who sat there like puppets.

Treatment for Hemorrhoid November 28, 2010, 1:01 AM

Excellent information. Nice piece of info, have a good day!

Bodum December 5, 2010, 9:05 PM

What a great blog. I spend days on the internet reading blogs, about tons of different subjects. I have to first of all give kudos to whoever created your website and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an amazing post. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only a few posses and frankly you have it. The combination of informative and quality content is definitely extremely rare with the large amount of blogs on the internet.