Skinny Jeans for Toddlers: Would Ya?

Here's the latest skinny on baby/toddler fashion trends: skinny jeans! Yes, before kids are even potty-trained, they can still be on the cutting edge of a fashion trend that many of us wish would GO AWAY.

Prices for kids' skinny jeans range from $19.50 to $39.50 at babyGap and come in sizes as small as zero! You can even get handmade kids' skinny jeans on Etsy for $25 plus shipping.

The benefits of skinny jeans for tots? They stretch to accommodate a bulging diaper! So moms: Would ya?

skinnyjeans.jpg

next: Grab Their Attention: How to Help Kids Stay Focused
Mel August 16, 2010, 3:33 PM

I really don’t think this is a case of people trying to make their toddlers fit into a certain body image. I had a pair for my daughter at age 2 and they were seriously really frickin’ cute.

Angie August 16, 2010, 4:25 PM

I wish I could find a good pair of jeans that would fit my skinny toddler. Even so-called ‘skinny jeans’ tend to sag around her teeny waist and bum.
So yes, I absolutely will put her in them!

adiaha August 17, 2010, 2:55 AM

Hell Yeah. My toddler had a pair last winter and they garnered so many compliments! I thought they were really adorable too!

Ellen Christian August 17, 2010, 3:16 AM

Sure why not? I wear skinny jeans & so does my 17yo daughter. As long as they have give and aren’t tight and restrictive that works for me. No reason why toddlers can’t have the latest fashions too!

nayy August 17, 2010, 5:20 AM

definitely yes- my 2 year old owns 3 pairs..they look adorable on her! i’m not too keen on the skinny for boys though :S

Jaime August 17, 2010, 5:43 AM

Skinny jeans, tight pants, challenging zippers, etc. interfere with a toddler’s quest for independence. With my early ed work, I always encourage parents to use elastic tops which are simple for a toddler to remove on their own. For those special occasions, there are alot of really cute outfits for the little darlins, including skinny jeans (with the ballet shoes).

Jaren August 17, 2010, 6:24 AM

Seriously? If your kid has a bulging diaper, change it! I don’t even think kids, period, need to be wearing skinny jeans. I do suppose if it was good enough for the 70’s it should be good for this generation, right? COOL! Bring on the LSD and pot, well, it was good enough, right? Okay, that was a tad overboard, but come one, really? Change your kids’ diapers if it’s bulging, don’t put off your laziness by putting a tot in skinny jeans.

twins plus one August 17, 2010, 7:34 AM

i have a pair of skinny jeans for my older 2. they are 2 years. i dont have one for my younger one yet, but soon she will fit in her sisters hand me downs. they are so cute! i get lots of complemnts on them, its not about trying to fit in a certin type of pant or to make a child fit in a certing way. kids clothes are becouse they look CUTE!!!!

Ish August 17, 2010, 8:09 AM

I didn’t even know they made skinny’s for toddlers. Anywho…it doesn’t matter what the kids wear as long as they are comfortable. My 5 yo wears skinnys because those are the only jeans that look right on her. She’s extremely slim. Now I wouldn’t put skinnies on my boy, but thats just me. To each their own.

Rachelle August 17, 2010, 8:35 AM

For those prices, no I would not put them on my toddler. A five yr old maybe, but toddlers grow out of their clothes entirely too fast (for me) to be paying $30 for a pair of pants. I’d think about it if they were on clearance for 50% off.

bw August 17, 2010, 9:14 AM

No way. But not because I don’t think kids should wear fashion trends, but because I think skinny jeans are ugly.

Amanda August 17, 2010, 9:56 AM

I don’t even get this article. My daughter had a pair in size 3t along with other styles of jeans. They retailed for $10 from jc penny and were cute. Everyones jeans will follow the design trend b/c thats what is available for purchase. How is this even article worthy? Who even gives a damn as long as they fit your kid comfortably

Anonymous August 17, 2010, 11:28 AM

I like skinny jeans on toddlers and so does my niece. She likes to wear them with her riding boots because they don’t get all scrunched up.

Anonymous August 18, 2010, 8:57 AM

to be trendy, no. if they were the only jeans that fit on a skinny child (i was) yes. overall i am against skinny jeans (no, I am not fat 5’ 3” 110) because studies have shown that wearing too tight jeans has causes neurological problems from pinching the nerves as well as prohibiting proper blood flow. and we have all seen women wearing skinny jeans that are THAT tight. and wearing clothes this tight also causes those pesky yeast infections we all hate. why start our daughters off on the fashion trip that leads to an over awareness of body image and fashion trends that ultimately can cause these problems? if it is for necessity and comfort, sure. to follow the trend, nooooo. let her pick her own style from the start and feel beautiful, no matter what she chooses : )

CMM August 19, 2010, 2:00 AM

This is so NOT a new thing!!! My daughters had Skinny jeans when they were babies/toddlers and they are 4 and 5 now. They look freakin ADORABLE! That picture of the boy with the tattooed arm is kinda lame though. But as for the skinny jeans, theres nothing wrong with them, they are in fashion and are cute and not bulky like other pants they have for kids

singlemommy25 August 20, 2010, 8:09 AM

Of course!! Almost all of my daughters jeans are skinny jeans. I wear skinny jeans so I thought it would be cute to put my 2yr old princess in skinny jeans. And BTW they dont fit children the way they fit an adult. Either way they look cute and they show off her even more expensive shoes ;)

Mommyof2 August 23, 2010, 11:19 AM

They have a pair at 77kids on sale for $9.99… I got my daughter a pair. I dont see why they cant wear them too. They look so freaken cute! @Jaren what the editor isnt saying it accomodates a dirty bulging diaper… My daughters diaper bulges because she’s in between sizes and I got with the bigger size it doesnt mean Im being lazy.

cheapviagra2859 August 30, 2010, 11:05 AM
radiology technician September 8, 2010, 10:13 AM

this post is very usefull thx!

apple bottom jeans November 10, 2010, 2:19 AM

I’m very not too acquainted with this subject but I do like to check-out blogs for layout suggestions and exciting topics. You seriously described a subject matter that I usually really don’t care substantially about and manufactured it extraordinarily fascinating. That is a wonderful weblog that I’ll take note of. I currently bookmarked it for future reference. Thank you