Tame the Artwork Clutter!

Recession Mama Michele Ashamalla: If you have a young child, I'm pretty sure you have a bunch of "art" projects around the house -- with more coming in every day. I'm thrilled that my children are creative, but really, how many painted macaroni necklaces must we keep?!

kid painting
When it comes to the three-dimensional projects, I encourage my kids to give them to another relative -- preferably one without a child, who will be overcome with emotion at receiving such a gift. (Also, that relative can get rid of the "art" without too much guilt, and my kids won't go poking around their house looking for it.) Another option is to take a digital picture of the project, and then dispose of it.

That's also what we do with the LEGO, Lincoln Log and Erector Set creations in our house before we break them down. Now, the two-dimensional projects offer a few recycling options that save money! If the paper is large enough, it can be used to wrap presents. And we use the smaller ones to make notecards: Just cut them into 5.5" x 8.5" pieces, fold them over and let your child sign the corner with the year -- just like a real artist! A set of ten or twelve with (announcement-size) envelopes can be a small gift from your child to an uncle or grandma. My kids are excited when their projects get a new, useful life, and I am happy with that, too. Let me know any suggestions you have -- I'm always looking to tame the clutter!

next: Fantasia 'Heals' in Public?
lam August 30, 2010, 7:53 PM

we take photos of the art and of the child with the art and put them in an art album .

Recession Mama September 2, 2010, 1:05 AM

Nice!

Missed Period Negative Home Pregnancy Test December 11, 2010, 12:03 PM

If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair.

ispanakli krep tarifi December 14, 2010, 12:35 AM

krep tarifi, tatli krep tarifi, sade krep tarifi, krep hamuru

buy thomas sabo charms online December 20, 2010, 4:45 PM

Im a huge fan already, man. Youve done a brilliant job making sure that people understand where youre coming from. And let me tell you, I get it. Great stuff and I cant wait to read more of your blogs. What youve got to say is important and needs to be read.

slabit forum December 27, 2010, 1:33 PM

I was been trying to find the google for this info and just wanted to say thanks to you for this post. By the way, just off topic, how can i find a version of this theme? – Thanks

dieta anului 2011 January 3, 2011, 6:51 PM

I was beeing scouring the google for this info and just wanted to thank you for the post. BTW, just off topic, how can i get a copy of this theme? – Thanks

bay window treatments January 22, 2011, 6:55 PM

Hey, I have been comeing here to your web site for months now and I always find a gem in your articles. Thanks for the share. Thank You For This Post, added it to my bookmarks. Thanks once more for taking the time to put this online. I certainly liked every part of it.

William Antolini January 25, 2011, 10:03 PM

Some really excellent content on this internet site,regards for contribution.

best cuddy cabin boat January 31, 2011, 10:55 AM

There are only two ways of telling the complete truth—anonymously and posthumously.

dark hair color styles February 17, 2011, 11:14 AM

Your first appearance, he said to me, is the gauge by which you will be measured; try to manage that you may go beyond yourself in after times, but beware of ever doing less.

Forum maman March 5, 2011, 9:46 AM

An impressive share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing just a little analysis on this. And he in fact purchased me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If possible, as you turn out to be experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with more details? It is extremely useful for me. Big thumb up for this weblog publish!