Dexter ... Brought to You by Toys'R'Us?

Toy collector Jim Schultz of Ohio is upset with Toys"R"Us for selling a "Dexter" action figure.

Dexter

"I understand it's marketed towards adults," he said. "But I do condemn Toys'R'Us for putting it on their shelves in the same store where you can go buy Barbie and Kermit and Elmo."

Do YOU think Toys"R"Us should sell "Dexter" action figures ... or is this just too morbid for a toy store?

next: Venn Diagram: The Muppets Name Etymology
fun mom August 27, 2010, 12:19 AM

who cares if TRU sells Dexter! It’s okay to sell toys made in China by little kids, but not Dexter dolls?

Jim August 27, 2010, 9:46 AM

Really, there are people who are upset that Toys R’ Us are selling Dexter dolls? Have any of you “concerned parents” seen how much carnage there is in a typical Xbox or PS video game these days? Call of Duty anyone?

HerMeowness August 27, 2010, 6:29 PM

I think it’s the type of toy that should be at a Spencer’s not a kid’s store.

FutureMom August 27, 2010, 6:51 PM

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Kids shouldn’t recognize him, and even if they do and you have a problem with it, just don’t buy it for them. Simple.

Cait August 28, 2010, 1:26 AM

So what? They sold Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake figures in the kids toy section when I was younger… This figure doesn’t even look strange as compared to a man with bloody stumps in a wheel chair…

superlaura August 29, 2010, 4:59 AM

I actually just bought that same figure from Toys R Us yesterday for my desk at work. It’s pretty awesome.

Lisa August 29, 2010, 10:32 AM

If you are looking for wholesome and age appropriate doll alternative, visit Only Hearts Club http://www.onlyheartsclub.com

Buckley August 30, 2010, 11:38 PM

My thoughts on the subject:

Mary August 31, 2010, 2:25 PM

When we were kids we bought kits to make shruken heads. We’d carve up apples and dry/shrink them over a lightbulb until they were shriveled and looked like a real shrunken head. As if that weren’t enough, we would paint them and add long fake hair, then compare them to the heads our friends made.

So ya, we had toys modeled after severed human heads. Dexter is nothing.

DonutFuckinRamone September 2, 2010, 12:32 PM

So what about these dexter dolls?
I’d buy one

I mean, in my town theres a store that sells baby toys, little kids barbies ects and living dead dolls/horror action figures in the same Aisle! and no one’s complained

Away with the PC Police September 7, 2010, 7:04 AM

Let’s really get down to the important issue here. If you are a parent, do your job. Don’t expect all the “Politically Correct Police” to shield your child and sanitize our world. Your child will learn more bad stuff in school from kids whose parents are not doing their jobs so you need to make sure your kids can see every curve ball heading their way. If you think a doll or a TV show is going to adversely affect your child, use the parental controls on your cable or satellite box. If you don’t know how to use them, read the manual. If you can’t read the manual, call up your local cable or satellite provider and they will explain it to you. If you don’t speak english, they speak many other languages. You have no excuses. My kids are very in tune with right and wrong and the consequences associated with both. Teach your kids to “anticipate the consequences of their actions”. Hmm, if I kill someone, I will go to jail or the chair. Maybe I shouldn’t kill someone….unless I would like to go to jail or the chair. Let’s take back our country and our rights and not let all these PC imbeciles ruin it for everyone else.

Spottedfeather September 11, 2010, 3:23 PM

People are far too sensitive. When I was a kid, it was acceptable to have army toys, which is a whole lot worse than a toy of a hero that kills criminals because the government refuses to.

CLICK to download Full Movies September 11, 2010, 7:29 PM

You wouldn’t feel it but I’ve wasted all day digging for some content about this. You will be a lifesaver, it was an good read and has helped me out to no end. Cheers!

Berenice October 12, 2010, 1:22 PM

My husband bought it when he went to buy Kamagra Oral Jelly, and I saw no problem with it. As I read above the kids shouldn’t even have a clue of who that is.

My First Birthday Party Themes December 9, 2010, 11:45 AM

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.

Facebook Likes December 9, 2010, 4:36 PM

been following your blog for three days now and i should say i am beginning to like your post. and now how do i join your weblog?

General Accountant Job Description December 17, 2010, 9:42 AM

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

where can i buy thomas sabo charms December 20, 2010, 4:30 PM

I really can have these sharing for the better usage. Really needed these posting. And I have bookmarked this post.

Thad Walinski December 30, 2010, 3:59 AM

Hi there I am keeping getting a technical obstacle browsing your web site, I’m receiving 502 errors very often, I’m not far too certain regarding why but when I refresh the page it returns okay.

hello kitty game December 30, 2010, 2:34 PM

May i have a word of advice? I do believe you’ve had something good here. However imagine if you also offered a couple of references to a website that supports what you were you said? Or simply you might give us more information to look at, something might connect just what you are mentioning, something concrete?