Ali Landry Debuts New Line at N.Y. Fashion Week

Ask Ali Landry what her most important accomplishment is in life, and she breezes over winning Miss Louisiana, Miss USA and appearing on TV and in movies. It's being a mom that keeps this Southern belle going! In fact, her daughter is the inspiration for her new clothing line, Belle Parish, which is debuting at this year's New York Fashion Week.

Ali Landry
We took a quick break with Ali in between preparations for the big event, and got an inside look at this cute and heirloom-worthy line.

momlogic: How did you come up with the concept for the Belle Parish line?

Ali Landry:"Belle" is from "Southern belle" and "parish" is an homage to my home, Louisiana, so it's Southern girls, Southern towns. The line is definitely inspired by my Southern upbringing, but there are elements of European design as well. It's all about being classic and age-appropriate, which never goes out of style. I have always wanted to have a line of products, and this has been something I've thought about for 10 years. I love the entertainment business and I'm still working (just finished a short film) as an actress, but this is such a passion for me. After I had my daughter, Estela, it really brought me back to my roots. I wanted her to have what I had as a child, and part of that was missing because I am so far from home. I longed for some familiarity, and when my mom started shipping me boxes of hand-sewn clothes or keepsake pieces that I had worn as a baby, I fell in love with kids' clothes. I saw a real hole in the marketplace for classic kids' clothes.

Everything is so trendy and I'm all for it, but I think it's also great to dress your kids for the age they are. When you're 2, you're a baby! I love Belle Parish because I think it's current while also being whimsical, with a bit of nostalgia for the parents.

ml: What do you think draws people to the line?

AL: My partner, Annie Kate, and I have traveled to Vegas, Dallas, Atlanta and N.Y.C., and everywhere we go, we hear the same thing: "It's like my hometown store that closed 50 years ago has just reopened!" You know, I really think it's so sweet and so precious -- without being over-the-top with sparkles and glitter -- that it almost catches people by surprise. In the age of "Hannah Montana" and all that glitters, we are used to buying that stuff for our kids, but you can take it down a notch and it's still just as great.

Also, during a time when all of us can't afford to waste ANYTHING, I think people see the quality in our line and that the clothes are meant to keep. These are not clothes that you give away once your child has outgrown them. Many pieces in our heirloom line are "keepsake" outfits that are meant for your next baby -- or even your daughter's daughter! That is what most of this is inspired by: my own baby clothes that my mom saved! To me, it's the perfect balance of being really well-made and classic, without being too fancy.

next: Time to Relearn How to Help Your Kid Study
do follow forums March 29, 2011, 2:13 PM

There are a lot of strange comments on here.

Maxwell Urata March 29, 2011, 7:04 PM

Good info and right to the point. I don’t know if this is really the best place to ask but do you people have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thanks :)

Brooke E. Reid March 29, 2011, 7:25 PM

Valuable

Justin Haverty March 30, 2011, 2:21 PM

Hey there! Quick question that’s totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when browsing from my iphone4. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to fix this problem. If you have any recommendations, please share. Appreciate it!

finance articles March 30, 2011, 10:48 PM

I will use your advice from now on. Jaap

Jimmy A. Barton March 31, 2011, 2:51 AM

Remarkable

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 11:18 AM

Cool information indeed. We’ve been looking for this info.

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 12:32 PM

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you.

book of ra March 31, 2011, 2:31 PM

It’s perfect time to make a few plans for the long run and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I may I want to suggest you few fascinating things or suggestions. Maybe you could write next articles relating to this article. I wish to read even more issues approximately it!

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 2:55 PM

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about worries that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

it support March 31, 2011, 4:13 PM

Thanks for another excellent article. Where else may anyone get that type of information in such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such info.

attract men March 31, 2011, 7:51 PM

I do not know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else experiencing problems with your site. It appears as though some of the written text on your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This might be a problem with my web browser because I’ve had this happen before. Kudos

program tv April 1, 2011, 2:04 AM

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You’re incredible! Thanks!

computer repair services April 1, 2011, 9:14 AM

Thank you for every other magnificent article. The place else may anybody get that kind of information in such an ideal method of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m at the look for such info.

computer repair April 1, 2011, 5:06 PM

Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem together with your site in web explorer, may check this… IE still is the market leader and a big part of other folks will leave out your wonderful writing because of this problem.

colon cancer April 1, 2011, 5:55 PM

Hey, I think your mostly on point with this, I can’t say I am completely on the same page, but its not really that much of a issue.

rankpay review April 1, 2011, 8:17 PM

@chels I know what you mean, its hard to find good help these days. People now days just don’t have the work ethic they used to have. I mean consider whoever wrote this post, they must have been working hard to write that good and it took a good bit of their time I am sure. I work with people who couldn’t write like this if they tried, and getting them to try is hard enough as it is.

Vivien Gonzalas April 1, 2011, 9:36 PM

great points altogether, you simply received a new reader. What would you recommend about your publish that you simply made a few days ago? Any positive?

Solardude April 1, 2011, 10:27 PM

Thank you a whole lot for presenting this!

Yohimbine bestellen April 2, 2011, 3:46 AM

Servus! Sie hosten hier einen einmaligen Weblog! Ich bewundere gerade das Layout sowie die Colour! Viel Erfolg weiterhin! Ach ja: Eventuell magst Du auch ein mal auf meiner Page rund um Yohimbin HCL oder Yohimbe vorbeischauen? Yohimbine HCL verbessert den Fettabbau und gehört zu den besten Fatburner Supplements! Bye bye, Simone D. Urbach