Ali Landry Debuts New Line at N.Y. Fashion Week

Ask Ali Landry what her most important accomplishment is in life, and she breezes over winning Miss Louisiana, Miss USA and appearing on TV and in movies. It's being a mom that keeps this Southern belle going! In fact, her daughter is the inspiration for her new clothing line, Belle Parish, which is debuting at this year's New York Fashion Week.

Ali Landry
We took a quick break with Ali in between preparations for the big event, and got an inside look at this cute and heirloom-worthy line.

momlogic: How did you come up with the concept for the Belle Parish line?

Ali Landry:"Belle" is from "Southern belle" and "parish" is an homage to my home, Louisiana, so it's Southern girls, Southern towns. The line is definitely inspired by my Southern upbringing, but there are elements of European design as well. It's all about being classic and age-appropriate, which never goes out of style. I have always wanted to have a line of products, and this has been something I've thought about for 10 years. I love the entertainment business and I'm still working (just finished a short film) as an actress, but this is such a passion for me. After I had my daughter, Estela, it really brought me back to my roots. I wanted her to have what I had as a child, and part of that was missing because I am so far from home. I longed for some familiarity, and when my mom started shipping me boxes of hand-sewn clothes or keepsake pieces that I had worn as a baby, I fell in love with kids' clothes. I saw a real hole in the marketplace for classic kids' clothes.

Everything is so trendy and I'm all for it, but I think it's also great to dress your kids for the age they are. When you're 2, you're a baby! I love Belle Parish because I think it's current while also being whimsical, with a bit of nostalgia for the parents.

ml: What do you think draws people to the line?

AL: My partner, Annie Kate, and I have traveled to Vegas, Dallas, Atlanta and N.Y.C., and everywhere we go, we hear the same thing: "It's like my hometown store that closed 50 years ago has just reopened!" You know, I really think it's so sweet and so precious -- without being over-the-top with sparkles and glitter -- that it almost catches people by surprise. In the age of "Hannah Montana" and all that glitters, we are used to buying that stuff for our kids, but you can take it down a notch and it's still just as great.

Also, during a time when all of us can't afford to waste ANYTHING, I think people see the quality in our line and that the clothes are meant to keep. These are not clothes that you give away once your child has outgrown them. Many pieces in our heirloom line are "keepsake" outfits that are meant for your next baby -- or even your daughter's daughter! That is what most of this is inspired by: my own baby clothes that my mom saved! To me, it's the perfect balance of being really well-made and classic, without being too fancy.

next: Time to Relearn How to Help Your Kid Study
wpolscemamymocneseo April 2, 2011, 5:05 AM

Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this site.

BUSINESS JET CHARTER April 2, 2011, 10:41 AM

I love that website layout ! How was it made. It is rather nice.

City Of Boise April 3, 2011, 9:19 PM

My brother suggested I may like this web site. He was once entirely right. This put up truly made my day. You cann’t believe simply how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

Life Plus vitamins April 3, 2011, 10:20 PM

Wow, this was a really quality post. In theory I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real effort to make a good article but what can I say I procrastinate a lot and never seem to get something done.

Alexander Cration April 4, 2011, 4:09 AM

disk key im1

dildo April 4, 2011, 5:55 AM

I really appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again

rare Indian pottery April 4, 2011, 10:56 AM

I believe that is a fascinating aspect, it made me think a bit. Thanks for sparking my thinking cap. Sometimes I get such a lot in a rut that I just feel like a record.

rankpay review April 4, 2011, 11:48 AM

Glad to see that this site works well on my iPhone , everything I want to do is functional. Thanks for keeping it up to date with the latest.

Roof Repair April 4, 2011, 5:45 PM

This site has some extremely helpful info on it. Thanks for helping me!

Solar Electricity April 4, 2011, 8:30 PM

Your current publishing is remarkable and gives food for thought. I really hope that I’ll have more time and energy to read your content. Regards. I wish that you simply publish new texts and welcome you to greet me

cardiovascular anatomy physiology April 4, 2011, 8:53 PM

Howdy, I simply hopped over for your site by means of StumbleUpon. No longer one thing I would usually learn, but I liked your thoughts none the less. Thank you for making one thing price reading.

information about act sat conversion April 4, 2011, 10:33 PM

This internet site is my aspiration , rattling fantastic pattern and perfect articles .

sterling silver jewellery uk April 5, 2011, 1:10 AM

Hey, I simply hopped over to your site by the use of StumbleUpon. Now not something I might in most cases read, but I preferred your thoughts none the less. Thank you for making something price reading.

Paul A. Yates April 5, 2011, 6:58 AM

Hi folks, - stumbled on your current site inadvertently when roaming round the web this afternoon, and glad that i did! I like the structure and colors, but I should mention that I’m having issues when it loads. I’m making use of Safari 4 internet browser for mac, and the footer fails to align completely. i’m sure I’ve employed the same layout on a client’s website, but the menu seems alright on mine. I suspect the problem is at this end and I’m assuming today’s the day to upgrade!

scrapebox April 5, 2011, 12:46 PM

Hello. Thank you for posting this!

FM Transfers April 5, 2011, 1:43 PM

I have not checked in here for some time because I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it friend :)

Homes For Sale In Brentwood CA April 5, 2011, 7:53 PM

Thanks for the information, I rarely find what I’m looking for… finally an exception!

cleaners April 5, 2011, 9:13 PM

Intriguing , I wonder what the statistics are on your first point there…

BMW forums April 5, 2011, 9:36 PM

¡Gracias!

Residential Solar Panels April 6, 2011, 10:17 AM

Someone I work with visits your site regularly and advised it to me to read as well. The way of writing is great and also the content is top-notch. Just perception you supply the readers!