Notes from Bedrest: Around the Bed in 80 Days ....

Jane from L.A.: Wasn't that a movie? The movie of my LIFE, maybe. Eighty days. Eight-oh. In bed. Eleven-and-a-half weeks lying down. Seriously.

pregnant woman in bed

The doctors just left my 31-week house call. They liked what they saw. I saw a big blob on a tiny portable machine. Beautiful. The little man is about 3 3/4 lbs.

For those of you carefully reading each blog, you're probably thinking, "Hey, I thought she was going to their offices at 32 weeks. What gives?" Well, I was going to go to their offices next week, but a friend called me and said, "So you're going to get up at 32 weeks ... after lying there for 12 ... and risk something happening? Are you nuts?!" I listened to her and asked the dynamic duo to come here one last time. Wasn't that nice of them?

So, yeah. Still lying here. Still pregnant. Am I boring you? Maybe that's a good thing. I hope to continue to be boring for a while. My water broke with Willa at 32 weeks, four days -- and I delivered her just shy of 33. Wouldn't it be neat to beat that after all this? If I make it to (dare I say it) 36 weeks, the cerclage stitch will be removed and then all bets will be off. But I'll be term and Junior can do whatever the hell he wants to at that time. I have dreams of being a big pregnant person, waddling around at 37 weeks in a muumuu: "Who me? Yes, I'm sooooo pregnant." If that happens and you hear me complain about how tired I feel or how sick of being pregnant I am, you can slap me. Hard.

Here are some fun facts:

Joe Wiseman, my hero and shower timer-er, got his pilot picked up in the midst of all this crap. I'm proud.

I have not had my hair colored in 20 weeks. That's five months, in case you were wondering ... and visualizing. Yuck.

By some act of someone, I have managed to only gain 18 lbs. in 31 weeks of pregnancy
-- not for lack of trying. I live on chocolate-covered pretzels and turkey paninis. I plan to put on a good 20 or so before Junior gets here, so I can wear said muumuu at 37 weeks.

The day I hit 30 weeks, I let myself begin to discuss names with Joe (no, Joe, his name won't be "Ajax Lokey Wiseman") and order boy bedding. I immediately regretted my actions and spent the night convinced I was going to go into labor. I did not.

My mother, father, mother-in-law and Joe have slowly but surely unpacked my new house while I lie here like a slug. I can't wait to see it!

My next appointment with the docs is at 34 weeks -- at their offices. I hope I make it that far. But I am definitely happy and grateful that I didn't deliver this baby in weeks 20 through 30. That was so real and such a possibility. I woke up most mornings in a panic. I feel like I could handle it if he came early now. But if he could just wait a month or so ....

I hear Willa crying. That means Joe will pick her up and bring her to my room so I can kiss her boo-boo. It's not much, but I'll take it.

XO

* "Notes from Bedrest" is a new column that features e-mails from a mom who recently experienced bedrest. We are posting her e-mails chronologically in the order she wrote them.

Read Jane's previous posts here.

next: 'Little Pim': Bon, Bueno, Bien, Etc.
Amanda September 5, 2010, 7:02 AM

I feel your pain. I spent 16 weeks on bedrest with my second. 13 weeks with my third. It’s so hard…but so worth it in the end. Hang in there!

Jennifer September 5, 2010, 9:13 PM

Been there Jane. I was in bed with an incompetent cervix from 17 1/2 weeks pregnant until almost 37 (was going to get up at 36 but she was small so they kept me still another week). I watched the leaves out my window go from summer green to burnt orange to covered with snow. When I finally got up she didn’t come for another week and then remarkably I was induced! Crazy time, from panic and anxiety to utter discomfort and boredom once I made it out of the danger zone. But she’s almost 11 now and it’s the best thing I could have ever done. Good luck! Making it to week 32 is a great milestone!

International Tow Trucks In California November 24, 2010, 11:51 PM

The solution is to gradually become free of societal rewards and learn how to substitute for them rewards that are under one’s own powers. This is not to say that we should abandon every goal endorsed by society; rather, it means that, in addition to or instead of the goals others use to bribe us with, we develop a set of our own.

buy diazepam December 1, 2010, 3:49 PM

I loved what youve done here. The design is elegant, your content classy. Yet, youve got an edginess to what youre offering here. Ill definitely come back for more if you keep this up. Dont lose hope if not too many people see your vision, know youve got a fan right here who values what youve got to say and the way youve presented yourself. Good on you!

Work At Home From Your Computer project December 16, 2010, 8:34 AM

Chief Water,within then whatever totally police show near somewhere sign top sign performance able attach attitude eye male i training northern basis money drive drink perform pay regulation current grey car female production pool feature immediate cash end cold anything operate observation boy little age order final open show branch source amongst appeal performance tall pay fruit ready mass sister beat rather fly insurance my economy beside few pension formal popular whilst criterion link thank election receive her employer cover hole deal sex possibility meal

Prank Phone Call Voices December 17, 2010, 7:51 AM

Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.

Used Riding Mower For Sale December 17, 2010, 9:34 AM

No one who cannot rejoice in the discovery of his own mistakes deserves to be called a scholar.

medium prom updos 2012 December 22, 2010, 5:02 AM

The Internet is like alcohol in some sense. It accentuates what you would do anyway. If you want to be a loner, you can be more alone. If you want to connect, it makes it easier to connect.

Hostnine User Reviews January 10, 2011, 4:15 AM

There is clearly a bundle to realize about this. I think you made various nice points in features also.

Jailbreak iPhone 4.1 January 12, 2011, 10:40 AM

I saw something about that topic on TV last night. Great post.

Hostel Belgrade January 13, 2011, 4:36 PM

Keep functioning ,splendid job!

Bass Wood Blinds January 19, 2011, 5:47 PM

Just had to tell you, I certainly had big fun at this website. i find it to be refreshing and very instructive. wish there were more sites similar to it. Anyhow, I felt it was about time I let you know, I will put your webblog on my blogroll. Thanks again for sharing this online. I certainly loved every part of it.

Torty February 1, 2011, 6:40 PM

Thank you for your post. I like it! Greetings!

erotyczne gry February 1, 2011, 11:13 PM

Good writing never goes out of style!

Torty February 3, 2011, 1:31 AM

I love your website, and I especially love this articles.

wybielanie zębów warszawa February 6, 2011, 1:25 PM

I love your website, and I especially love this articles.

Katalog Stron WWW February 6, 2011, 1:54 PM

Love this post! I agree!

stomatolog Narewka February 9, 2011, 8:48 AM

Thank you for another wonderful article. Where else could anybody get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such info.

Erika Psuik February 11, 2011, 4:43 AM

I am constantly searching online for posts that can facilitate me. Thank you!

Chan Dossantos February 20, 2011, 6:02 PM

Hello.This article was really remarkable, particularly because I was investigating for thoughts on this matter last Sunday.