Meet Chinese-Adoption Barbie!

We've heard of Barbie with a spy cam and Barbie with "Twihard" fever,but ... Barbie with a Chinese baby?!

barbie

According to The Gloss and Marie Claire Magazine, "Going Home Barbie" is only available at the White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou, China.

next: Shocking Charges against Britney Spears
Anonymous September 8, 2010, 2:58 PM

I think they should have these here! Why not dolls that are interracial families of all types?

ChinaMama September 8, 2010, 5:53 PM

This is nothing new. Mattel has given them to adoptive families who stay at the White Swan for years now. They are not for sale (well, I’m sure try are on Ebay).

FTR, I look nothing like Barbie and my daughter looks nothing like the baby so it’s not really an accurate representation of our interracial family anyway.

Christi September 8, 2010, 8:37 PM

As an adoptive mother, I think this is awesome. I know it’s something I would have liked if it fit our situation!

I don’t look like Barbie either, nor does my daughter look like that baby, but it’s still cool.

KS September 8, 2010, 8:50 PM

I’ve never seen this before but how awesome is that. All children want dolls that are a representation of themselves and their own surroundings. I don’t come from a family that has adopted from outside the family so I have never had the circumstance to go searching for a doll to fit our family dynamic. I just think this is great. No question mark needed.

Mom to a daughter from China September 21, 2010, 1:23 PM

This is nothing new. The White Swan Hotel has been giving these dolls to adoptive families for over ten years. It’s a very sweet and endearing token. As an adoptive parent of a daughter from China, I am very offended that momlogic.com would classify this as weird or bizarre. There is no one in the world that wants or loves a child more than a person who adopts….and goes half way around the world to have the baby placed in your arms.

diazepam December 1, 2010, 4:06 PM

Great stuff from you, man. Ive read your stuff before and youre just too awesome. I love what youve got here, love what youre saying and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart. I cant wait to read more from you. This is really a great blog.

Cheap High Heels For Sale December 9, 2010, 9:08 AM

Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you’re being had.

Make A Prank Call December 17, 2010, 9:47 AM

If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.

Cuddie Cabin Boats For Sale December 17, 2010, 11:50 PM

Sometimes people are layered like that. There’s something totally different underneath than what’s on the surface. But sometimes, there’s a third, even deeper level, and that one is the same as the top surface one. Like with pie.

Air Max 91 December 20, 2010, 6:12 PM

Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer! I will bookmark your blog and have my children check up here often. Thumbs up!

diete December 27, 2010, 2:16 AM

I was been searching the WWW for this information and i wanted to say thanks to you for this post. By the way, just off topic, where can i download a version of this theme? – Regards

ingrasare December 27, 2010, 6:37 AM

I have been trying to find the Internet for such information and just wanted to say thanks to you for the post. By the way, just off topic, where can i find a copy of this theme? – Thank you

Agnes French December 29, 2010, 5:10 AM

There is noticeably a bunch to identify about this. I believe you made certain nice points in features also.

dieta anului 2010 January 2, 2011, 12:03 AM

I was beeing scouring the Web for this info and i wanted to thank you for this post. Also, just off topic, where can i get a version of this theme? – Regards

dieta personalizata January 2, 2011, 10:25 PM

I have been after the google for such information and i wanted to say thanks to you for this post. By the way, just off topic, how can i get a version of this theme? – Thanks

dieta personalizata January 2, 2011, 10:51 PM

I was beeing after the google for such information and i wanted to say thanks to u for the post. BTW, just off topic, where can i find a version of this theme? – Thank you

dieta anului 2010 January 4, 2011, 3:50 AM

I have beeing after the Internet for this info and just wanted to thank u for this post. Also, just off topic, how can i find a copy of this theme? – Regards

cura slabire January 11, 2011, 8:52 AM

I have been scouring the google for such info and i wanted to thank u for this post. BTW, just off topic, how can i find a copy of this theme? – Thank you

Hostel Bridge Belgrade January 13, 2011, 3:22 PM

I saw something about this topic on TV last night. Good article.

Unlock iPhone 3Gs 4.1 January 14, 2011, 3:13 AM

There is perceptibly a bundle to identify about this. I think you made some nice points in features also.