Does Your Kitchen Make the Grade?

Ever wonder what grade your home kitchen would receive from a health inspector? A new study published in USA Today suggests that one in seven homes would not pass these rigid health standards. Is yours one of them?

kitchen
Apparently, our seemingly "clean" kitchens may be teeming with germs that could potentially cause food poisoning and harm our families. The study, which was conducted by California's Los Angeles County, found that only 61 percent of home kitchens would get an "A" or "B" if put through a restaurant inspection. At least 14 percent would fail, not even getting a "C" rating. (If you're like most of us, chances are that if you knew a restaurant had received a "C" grade for cleanliness, you wouldn't eat there ....)

Dr. Jonathan Fielding, director of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, told USA Today,"I would say if they got below a C, I'm not sure I would like them to invite me to dinner."

An estimated 87 million cases of food-borne illness occur in the United States each year, including 371,000 hospitalizations and 5,700 deaths, according to an Associated Press calculation based on Centers for Disease Control formulas and recent population estimates.

Moms, how clean is your kitchen? Do you think it would pass the test?

next: This Week: Top 10 Stories Moms Are Talking About
sheng September 19, 2010, 4:03 PM

very cool! I would love that for my home.

renee September 19, 2010, 5:28 PM

i know mine would pass, i clean my home like i clean the cafe i work at

Online Banking October 18, 2010, 12:40 PM

@Markus I get your drift on where you were going there. I often think of my past and use it as a means to analyze where I am and where I want to get to. Where I struggel is balancing it all out. How do you guys balance things out?

Elden Brandwein October 25, 2010, 9:32 AM

Just wished to say I genuinely admire your work on this blog site and the high-quality articles you make. These type of blog post are usually what keeps me going through the day. I found this post right after a good buddy of mine mentioned it to me. I do a little blogging myself personally and I am always thankful to observe others giving good quality data to the online community. I am going to certainly be following and have bookmarked your blog to my personal twitter account for others to see.

Athena Laurelli October 26, 2010, 8:53 PM

If you hang in there, I’ll make plain exactly what I mean.

Shila Ekstein October 27, 2010, 1:31 PM

Seeing this post I’m positive that i might know from school, did happen to go to Tx Tech? If you did make sure you send myself an email so we are able to get caught up it’s been a long time! Anticipate talking to you and hope all will be good with you.

Maragret Vandiford October 27, 2010, 3:40 PM

I believe I’m right with regard to.

Brandon Limbrick October 28, 2010, 2:48 AM

Let’s go to the next step.

Jena Winder October 29, 2010, 5:06 AM

But… Many are still hanging onto mother’s apron strings when it comes to but that is how to get your hands on this position.

Jack Boveja October 30, 2010, 5:23 AM

It should be able to keep us entertained by for a number of decades to come.

Elliot Bardeen October 31, 2010, 3:20 AM

lengthy journal you’ve own

Gale Presutti October 31, 2010, 3:00 PM

I’d be inclined to make a deal with you on this. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!

Dione Gwilt November 3, 2010, 11:13 AM

It is mainly due to the fear of damaging the.

Onita Hammerlund November 9, 2010, 2:31 PM

Sadly, it wasn’t possible.

Tinisha Grantz November 10, 2010, 12:04 PM

I’m a good listener although you’re all alike.

Kathline Spraker November 13, 2010, 11:33 AM

My mom and I would like to develop a weblog comparable to this for our web site, I stumbled across your web blog looking for some ideas on the theme along with layout. I am taking some html coding class in college but not sure if I would be capable of create a blog like this one just yet. Did you code this website all by yourself or use an expert?

Carla Mctier November 16, 2010, 9:16 PM

God bless you Google, for finding this post :)

Verlie Serban November 18, 2010, 8:47 AM

General I suppose it is one thing to contemplate however it may very well just be a bit little bit of base. In my nation we need to honer very good copy writers and I’m praising your publish as I do imagine it is actually extremely great.

Shades Of Brown Hair Color November 24, 2010, 11:49 PM

Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.

Caralluma Actives Onde Comprar November 27, 2010, 9:16 AM

I’m wondering now if we can talk about your sites statistics - search volume, etc, I’m trying to sites I can buy adspace through - let me know if we can talk about pricing and whatnot. Cheers mate you’re doing a great job though.