Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Hot!

Tracy McArdle: I just left my husband with a 20-year-old, 5' 10" blonde coed named Celia so I could go to the library and get some work done. He was doing paperwork in his office. She was radiating love and goodness and fun and macaroni and cheese for my two small sons.

Celia is kind, reliable and great with my kids. She is trained in CPR and first aid and works with developmentally challenged children. She teaches camp. Also, she looks like the beach-volleyball player Gabrielle Reece, only, um, blonder, younger and hotter. She towers over me and everyone else in my family (husband included). The first time she came over to meet the kids, ages 2 and 3, they ran to her and embraced her tan shins, huge grins spreading across their little-boy faces. (This from two boys who are silently bashful around their own grandparents.) It starts early, I guess.

babysitter

"They never do that to me," I said. Celia smiled warmly and laughed, the sound of sterling-silver sleigh bells. Her teeth were huge and white and perfect. I hired her on the spot, thinking I must be an idiot as I posted her number on the refrigerator.

Then I went away for a few days, for work. I had arranged for daycare and a parade of babysitters to help my husband out while I was gone, but Celia was not on that list for some reason. (She had another job, anyway.)

When I came home, I heard about how Celia had offered to cook dinner one night. "Oh -- Cellia babysat?" I asked, suppressing an early hot flash.

"I had to do some paperwork one night, and then I had tickets to the game," my husband said absently.

I checked to see if he was lying. He wasn't. I thought a moment. Why hadn't he called the eighth grader, Tammy? Or the retired nurse, Mrs. Roberts? Then I thought, It could be worse. At least he didn't take her to the game.

I'm kidding, of course. I'm not the jealous type. I'm not so shallow and insecure as to purposely hire an unattractive babysitter ... am I? (Are you? Oh, good: Glad to hear it!) Celia's back at school ... in Iowa, which is very far away. And Mrs. Roberts' number is on the fridge.

next: Kourtney & Scott's Fighting: Good for Ratings; Bad for Baby
Mary Green September 21, 2010, 5:39 PM

Dear Momma,

You need to start taking care of yourself! Sounds like much ado about nothing.

A babysitter healthy, vibrant and giving for sons is better example than someone depressed and sullen, working for money only.

Take the time to enjoy w/ hobby, exercise, community, bringing the glow back to your life.

You will connect w/ people on a more genuine level than envy. Celebrate the good times, kiddo!

Love and hugs, Mary Green
GreenPIMom

N September 21, 2010, 8:08 PM

mary green - i don’t think any intelligent women would be dumb enough to hire an attractive babysitter. Its just not a risk worth taking, to many horror stories

rachael September 22, 2010, 8:38 AM

Okay, I’m a married woman now, so I understand being a little protective of our husbands & wary of other beautiful women. However, I was that young, hot babysitter only three or four years ago. 5’9” slim & light brunette, I often got called “the one who looks like a model” by the families that weren’t prejudiced against my genetics. I never, in a million years, would have wanted to threaten someone else’s marriage in any way. I just genuinely needed a job, loved kids, and babysitting paid a lot better than a part-time gig at the mall. Should I have been snubbed because of my looks? No! That’s about as unfair and stupid as not hiring someone because they are overweight, another race, or just ugly. It’s petty and reeks of insecurity.
Yeah, I have a husband. If he cheats, its not because I hired a pretty girl to watch our kids - its because HE made a choice. There are pretty girls everywhere, ladies…if you’re that worried your husbands are going to cheat on you, I advise you work on your marriage and self-image a lot more, because men don’t need you to hire their mistresses for them ;)

Mary Green September 26, 2010, 3:29 PM

I agree. There are MANY attractive young athletic women and students working in childcare. Always has and always will. :)

Fashion Trends October 12, 2010, 3:55 PM

I’ve organized a lot of exhibitions at the Fashion Institute of Technology in my previous years and am currently working on the forum for the sector.

MommyLove October 25, 2010, 3:41 PM

Don’t feel bad Mom, nothing is wrong with you being a little uncomfortable with hiring an attractive babysitter! Before I had my children I was so secure, knew my body was tight and amazing! There weas not a doubt in my mind that I was the sexiest woman my husband had ever seen. Well its amazing what having children will do to your confidence & security. I am back to the weight I was before my babies but its deeper than that. You honestly just FEEL different. You are not alone. Yes I know there are millions of beautiful women out there in the world if my husband was gonna cheat he would. But just because there are plenty of attractive women out there doesn’t mean I’m gonna hire one to be in my home with my children while my husband is home. No thank you! The majority of wives with children share your same concern. Its not stupid, just natural!

Merchant December 23, 2010, 5:31 AM

I am presently earning a living with a brand new venture with the aim connect the fashion business in a single discussion board.

Lavinia Relf January 23, 2011, 10:41 PM

you killed it with this publish

immigration law firm  February 10, 2011, 9:31 PM

There is apparently a bundle to realize about this. I suppose you made various nice points in features also.