Guest blogger Sarah:No matter WHAT I do, my son (age 11) always forgets his homework from school. This happens at least twice a week. I have tried talking to his teacher about it, but she says at his age, he should be responsible enough to remember to put his homework in his backpack. She doesn't have much sympathy for our situation.

school desk

When he forgets the homework, I am left scrambling -- calling other moms of students in the class to see if they can read me the assignment over the phone. And even when my son remembers to bring the assignment home, he often forgets his school books -- so we have nothing to reference. It is beyond frustrating.

I have tried rewarding him when he remembers his homework and punishing him when he forgets, but nothing has worked. This has been a problem on and off for years, but has gotten worse since he hit fifth grade.

I don't want my kid to get bad grades, but I do want him to feel the ramifications of his behavior.

Moms, what would YOU do if you were in my shoes? How would you help your forgetful child remember his homework?

next: Maybe Your Teen Really Can't Hear You
Hemorrhoid Cure November 27, 2010, 7:57 PM

Useful website. I appreciate your effort, have a nice day!

Cheryl November 29, 2010, 12:29 PM

I am SO GLAD I found this site! I felt like I was the only one having these problems. I have one daughter and three step daughters and the issue is the middle daughter (my step daughter). She has lived with us for over a year and we didn’t have these problems last year, just since she started Junior High. She spends 5-6 hours a night doing homework, and when I check it, most of the time she is just writing anything to put an answer in there. (What is taking 5-6 hours then??). She does well on tests so I know she understands the material, but the homework brings her grades down. She will even have all her homework done and just never pass it it. I have tried everything, sitting with her, nagging, not nagging and letting her start to fail, grounding (not TV, no computer, no video games) rewards for when she does well… honestly I am exhausted from trying with her. Its like she just doesn’t care at all!! We did have her tested for ADHD and she does not have it. I feel like washing my hands and letting her repeat the 6th grade because if the rest of the year goes the same as the first, that is what will happen. (We have a rule in our house, if you need summer school because you really don’t understand something, we will gladly pay for it. If you have to go to summer school because you failed for not turning in homework, it will NOT be paid for). All the kids know and understand the rule but the middle child just doesn’t care.

HELP!

buy diazepam December 1, 2010, 2:15 PM

What theme are you utilizing on your site ? I really like the layout. Thank you for the posting.

Unique And Creative Baby Shower Ideas December 15, 2010, 1:56 AM

If at first you don’t succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

latest hairstyles 2013 for women December 22, 2010, 4:58 AM

Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.

Richard Wallace December 28, 2010, 3:35 PM

Please, keep up the excellent work and continue to post topics like this. I am really fan of your page!

Przeprowadzki Warszawa January 11, 2011, 4:56 AM

Thank you for your article.

Przeprowadzki Warszawa January 11, 2011, 4:56 AM

Thank you for your article.

Przeprowadzki Warszawa January 11, 2011, 7:27 AM

Thank you for your post. I like it! Greetings!

Przeprowadzki Warszawa January 11, 2011, 9:35 AM

Your website is cool!!

Przeprowadzki Warszawa January 11, 2011, 9:53 AM

I like it! Greetings! Things you brought up a lot of sense.

Przeprowadzki Warszawa January 11, 2011, 10:58 AM

Thank you for your post. I like it! Greetings!

light sheer duet podlaskie  January 13, 2011, 7:56 AM

This is hilarious! You made me smile!

dermatologia białystok  January 13, 2011, 2:12 PM

This is hilarious! You made me smile!

korekcja zmarszczek białystok  January 14, 2011, 2:06 AM

Waiting for the new article.

styropian January 14, 2011, 3:31 PM

I know one thing: you are a great.

odzież ochronna producent January 18, 2011, 5:17 AM

This was a very interesting post!

Vikki January 18, 2011, 6:10 PM

Looking forward to the follow up post.

botox białystok January 19, 2011, 4:31 AM

Simply you are the best!

blinds direct January 23, 2011, 10:00 PM

Have to tell you, I certainly had great fun at this site. i find it to be refreshing and incredibly enlightening. wish there were other sites similar to it. At any rate, I felt it was about time I posted, I will put your webblog on my blogroll. Thanks again for taking the time to put this up. I unquestionably enjoyed every part of it.