I'm Going on a Sex Strike

Notes from a New Mom: I'd say I'm pretty generous when it comes to the sex department, especially in terms of all the stuff my hubby likes -- from quickies to me just taking care of him (if you know what I mean). Even though I'm a super-busy mom of a newborn baby, this guy is NOT missing out: I rarely turn him down, even when I'm tired (which is pretty much all the time), and I often please him when he wants.

mad looking woman
However, turn the tables, and this little lady is frustrated as hell. I have asked my husband numerous times to "return the favor," to which he either says, "I will, I will" or "Don't be ridiculous: I DO return the favor."

Pffft -- he NEVER does! I mean, this guy wants sex, but he doesn't want to just take care of me (if you know what I mean)?! It's BS. It's so old-school and annoying to think that women are supposed to please their men. I am so over Cosmopolitan magazine telling us how to please them, what to do. What about US?!

I am the mom of a 1-year-old. I am (as every mom is) pretty tired and feeling less sexy than I did in my 20's. But when my guy rolls over in the morning looking for some action, I am usually always up for it. The other day, I realized, You know what? I'd like to be on the receiving end of this.

I can't even remember when he did anything to please me after I asked HIM to give me five minutes of his time. I've talked to him about it several times; I am not ashamed or afraid to tell my husband what my needs are. But he doesn't change. He's never once said, "Hey, what can I do for you?" He has not responded to my many requests -- which is appalling, if I may say so myself.

You know what? I certainly don't want to get in the habit of not being intimate at all, but when it comes to me pleasing him (without sex), I am going on strike. See how he likes that one ....

next: Insurance Companies Dump Kids' Coverage! WTH?!
DC Urban Dad September 24, 2010, 9:09 AM

Bet he gets his act together after seeing this.

Anonymous September 24, 2010, 10:33 AM

Actions speak louder than words. I think he’ll listen now.

Kristin September 24, 2010, 12:14 PM

Awesome. I hope he meets your demands soon! ^_~

Your Husband September 25, 2010, 12:28 AM

This wouldn’t be a problem if you just made a damn sandwich once in a while like you’re supposed to.

Kelly September 25, 2010, 1:48 PM

It won’t work, men just don’t think like that. Don’t ask him, tell him, when he wants some lovin…….tell him and steer his face (if you know what I mean).haha

KS September 25, 2010, 5:45 PM

I’m not normally one to think this is a good idea but you know what it just might work. I would cut him off totally then after a few weeks suggest we go to sex therapy. He would think it was to fix me but in all reality it would be to give him a good lesson on how women work 101. I would go for it but maybe have more of a plan just simply cutting him off.

Fashion Trends October 12, 2010, 3:01 PM

Thank you for this report, your web site is carrying out excellent service towards the fashion industry!

Anonymous November 10, 2010, 6:14 AM

Your a woman, it’s your job to please him when he wants. If you want something in return then you better do a damn good job and also ask very politely!

vanessa22 November 12, 2010, 4:27 AM

To solve this problem you have to enjoy sex without any deeper intentions. and in this case you can use sex toys for more colourful feelings.

Merchant December 24, 2010, 2:23 AM

like benefit from definitely it

Alina Heeren January 21, 2011, 4:40 PM

Cheers for this article! On the other hand, I had a hard time viewing this article in Safari 5. Just needed to bring that for your attention! Thank you.

uk immigration  February 10, 2011, 7:33 PM

It’s perfect time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

Cheap Conveyancing quotes February 15, 2011, 2:49 PM

hey there and thank you for your information – I’ve definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..

Andrew February 23, 2011, 11:56 AM

I usually do surprises to her to avoid encountering problems like that. And I’m using love doll when she’s out.

catecate April 18, 2011, 3:29 PM

So you think acting like a child is going to help? If that’s how you usually react than no wonder he doesn’t want to give you anything.

Ranting about and disrespecting your husband like that tells me everything about your marriage. Stop contradicting him, controlling him, and acting like the victim.

I feel really sorry for what husbands have to put up with…

Mel (Dummies of the Year!) April 22, 2011, 2:50 AM

If you want your husband to listen just remember: Don’t be a nag

We turn our ears off to a nagging wife.

If you belittle your man he will never be the man you want him to be.