twitter facebook stumble upon rss

Local Mother Blames Product Mislabeling for Sick Son

sign up for the momlogic newsletter Tweet This

kmov: A St. Louis woman says her son became sick because of mislabeling on a food package.

Motts250.jpg

Zane Higgins ate Motts Fruit Snacks that his mother gave to him. There was no mention of peanuts being in the product on the box, but Zane suffered an allergic reaction. It turns out the labeling on the box and the labeling on the individual packages of snacks was different.

While Zane is fine now, his mother wanted answers.

The FDA says the product was not in violation of rules because the only labeling mandatory is if the product contains an allergen, not if it may be produced in the same area as an allergen.

The president of the parent company of Motts, Farley's and Sathers, said they have corrected this problem.

Read more stories in the news.


next: Sisters Both Have Double Mastectomies After Seeing Their Mother and Grandmother Die of Breast Cancer
Back to top >>
advertisement