Another girl fight hit YouTube this week ... which is unfortunately nothing new. But the unexpected twist to this one? One teen girl's mom was on the sidelines cheering her 16-year-old daughter on.
A spokesman for the Manatee County Sheriff's Office, Dave Bristow, said, "We're basically in shock [that] a parent can sit there and watch their child and not intervene .... It's pretty obvious this is child abuse."
If convicted, Newcomb faces up to five years in prison. She's free on $15,000 bail.
Do you think she should go to jail for egging her child on?
Worried about your own teen getting into a fistfight? According to Dr. Lisa Boesky, here are five signs that your daughter may be ready to snap:
1. She's getting increasingly irritable or agitated (has a short fuse).
2. She starts finding fault with everyone and constantly sees herself as a victim.
3. She verbally threatens peers or family members.
4. She experiences a major loss, gets in major trouble or is humiliated.
5. She says things like, "I can't take it anymore" or "I'm going to make them pay."