Sick Days Are for Wimps!

momlogic's Vivian: Remember sick days? You know, when feeling like utter doo-doo meant the main obligation of the day was to mumble a brief message of misery into your boss's voicemail? And after a furtive pee and double shot of NyQuil, you could collapse back into a Technicolor slumber to shake the discomfort of horse testicles throbbing away in your throat, regaining consciousness only to glean five-minute pearls of wisdom from "Oprah" and "Extra" from the comfort of the space between your covers?

sick woman

Only after two full days of lolling about in this fugue state with no time zone would you scrape your butt out of bed, choke down tea, a bagel and half a dozen Sudafed and bravely venture back into the workplace. You'd then emerge to spend eight hours trying to comprehend the marching orders issued by your professional superior through eardrums awash with fluid, while deep in a manic pseudoephedrine high that inspires you to gnaw through ten pencils.

For me and every other mom in the universe without help in-house or a partner with the spare day to stay home and assume the parenting position, the sick day has been reduced to an urban myth, an elusive reverie of my pre-production days when I could take a lengthy, luxurious dump with the door closed or actually have ten minutes to try on clothes when shopping for them.

Sigh. Those were the days. How I miss those days.

But if you're sick as a dog like me, you've no recourse but to buck up, buttercup, and get on with the diaper-changing and nose-wiping (yours -- soon to be theirs). Because as any mom on the planet will tell you, sick days are for wimps.

If you are a sick-day-taking wimp, please forgive my diatribe. I don't hate you. I'm just jealous as all living hell.

next: Hose + Sidewalk Chalk = Sanity
Loren Unruh March 28, 2011, 7:07 PM

I thought you might like this :)

Too much of a good thing is wonderful. :)

tattoo kit March 28, 2011, 9:40 PM

Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thanks Nonetheless I am experiencing issue with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting similar rss drawback? Anyone who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx

suppliers tattoo March 28, 2011, 11:57 PM

Many thanks for this wonderful web page. I am attempting to read some much more posts but I cant get your web site to display appropriately in my Opera Browser. Thank you again.

hcg diet March 29, 2011, 6:14 AM

Hiya, for whatever reason I can’t sign up to with your rss feed, it simply comes up with a parse malfunction when utilizing chrome? I think this can be to do with themes adding white space, their’s a tool available to repair it.

Hamilton estate agents March 29, 2011, 8:14 AM

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in reality was once a enjoyment account it. Look complicated to more added agreeable from you! However, how can we keep in touch?

Kredyt na samochod online March 29, 2011, 9:24 AM

I’ve been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

During off times when I March 29, 2011, 1:00 PM

Film professionals go this link when you need a green cyclorama studio rental los angeles.

Holistic Dog Food March 30, 2011, 5:53 AM

outstanding post! great advice, will take on board!

games review March 30, 2011, 9:04 AM

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely excellent. I really like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great site.

lezbiyen March 30, 2011, 9:15 AM

I appreciate the info shared here. Please keep up the good work. Best wishes to you..

treatment for diabetic March 30, 2011, 11:13 PM

Perfect just what I was looking for! .

tufan March 31, 2011, 6:48 PM

bye bye

Melani Mccarte April 2, 2011, 8:11 AM

I am not so inventive to be fit to write excellent stuff like you do but I am trying to pay it back so hoepfully this will afford you a broad grin or make you burst out laughing or at the very least give you a thought for the day? : When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Geoffrey Galassi April 2, 2011, 10:48 AM

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

biometric gun safe April 3, 2011, 1:25 AM

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Bless you!

fremont white dressers April 3, 2011, 1:35 AM

Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!

cd April 3, 2011, 2:14 AM

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and we are looking to swap methods with other folks, be sure to shoot me an email if interested.

top camcorders April 3, 2011, 7:11 AM

Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve included you guys to blogroll.

greenhouse locations in indiana April 3, 2011, 7:35 AM

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!