You Say It's Your Birthday ....

Recession Mama Michele Ashamalla: Signing your kids up for various birthday clubs is a no-brainer. Kids like mail and they like more stuff. While we might not like more stuff, we feel better about it if it's not costing us anything.

Birthday Cake
Most kids' birthday clubs have to do with food and a free kids' meal (Denny's, California Pizza Kitchen, Boston Market, Burger King) or ice cream (Baskin Robbins, Cold Stone Creamery, Ben and Jerry's). But some are more interesting. Toys"R"Us, for example, has a birthday club that sends your child a birthday card and a $3 gift card that's good for over a month -- and when you visit to redeem the card, they get a balloon crown and an in-store announcement. (Too much for some kids, but mine lap it up ....) There is also a strange birthday call from "Geoffrey," the Toys"R"Us giraffe, which is confusing to my youngest and hilarious to my oldest, but I think it's a nice touch.

Ace Hardware (of all places!) has a birthday club where kids get a coupon to come in for a free gift on their birthdays. I'm not sure what it is, but my kids love tape measures and those rectangular contractors' pencils, so how could it not be a hit?

Kmart just started a birthday club that gives your child a $5 gift card, a birthday crown and a "birthday surprise pack."

Birthday clubs aren't just for the kids, either. Black Angus, Tony Roma's and Fuddruckers all send out free meal coupons for adult birthdays, and Denny's, IHOP and Round Table will give you a meal on the actual day for just stopping in. (Dennys' birthday meal is a Grand Slam breakfast, and Round Table's is a personal pizza. Check with your local IHOP to see if they participate.)

Buca di Beppo lets you sign up the whole family for offers on each birthday, and Maggiano's gives a $10 coupon. Ace Hardware will send you a coupon on your birthday for $5 off $20, and The Children's Place will send those elusive 20-percent-off coupons during the month of each of your children's birthdays

I'm waiting for the bookstore birthday clubs for the whole family. Oh, and lest the animals feel left out, Petco and Petmart also offer birthday clubs for the pets ....

next: Momblogic Roundup: Celebrate Pirate Day, Matey!
cheap ephedra September 19, 2010, 5:17 AM

I used to like when my mom sang birthday songs to me!

Salena Padillia March 17, 2011, 9:25 AM

This domain seems to get a large ammount of visitors. How do you get traffic to it? It gives a nice unique spin on things. I guess having something authentic or substantial to say is the most important factor.

Lamar Budy March 29, 2011, 5:32 PM

I’m still learning from you, as I’m trying to achieve my goals. I definitely love reading everything that is written on your website.Keep the information coming. I loved it

Corene Puffer March 30, 2011, 6:06 AM

Well I really liked studying it. This tip provided by you is very practical for proper planning.

Marvin O. Townsend March 31, 2011, 3:11 AM

Remarkable

Vivian L. Aldridge April 5, 2011, 2:32 PM

Hi, - spotted your internet page by chance whilst roaming round the net this evening, and pleased that I did! I do like the design and tones, but I have to mention that I’m having issues when it loads. I’m making use of Flock 2 browser for mac, and the side panel won’t lineup well. i’m fairly certain I’ve employed exactly the same layout on a company’s web site, but the menu seems Ok on mine. I have an idea the mistake is with my browser & I’m assuming today’s the day to update!

Amy C. McKenna April 7, 2011, 3:17 AM

Hi folks, - stumbled on your current internet site by accident when searching across the web this evening, and glad that i did! I do like the design and style and colours, but I ought to point out that I’m having trouble when it loads. I’m making use of Flock 1 internet browser for mac, and the footer fails to line up as it should be. i am pretty sure employed the exact same design on a company’s internet site, but the menu seems O.k on mine. I suspect the error is at this end and I reckon that today’s the day to change for a better one!

Alvin Mulaney April 10, 2011, 5:21 AM

Very nice post and right to the point. I am not sure if this is truly the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to employ some professional writers? Thanks :)

varicella chicken pox April 10, 2011, 8:17 AM

An attention-grabbing dialogue is worth comment. I believe that it is best to write more on this topic, it won’t be a taboo topic however generally individuals are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Wasserbetten April 10, 2011, 9:17 AM

Great to be visiting your web site again, it continues to be several weeks for me.