Charlie Sheen: The Next Phil Spector?

Dr. Michelle Golland: Charlie Sheen and his entourage are playing a deadly game with women's lives. While reading about his latest drunken, violent episode, I couldn't help but think of Phil Spector, who was convicted of murdering Lana Clarkson in a drunken haze. During the court proceedings in Spector's case, numerous women reported having been threatened and treated violently by Phil Spector. Spector's entourage had done him no service by minimizing his violent tendencies.

Charlie Sheen

In my estimation, if Charlie Sheen continues on this path -- with his representatives minimizing and enabling his violent and destructive behavior -- we might someday see someone seriously hurt, if not dead. Hopefully we won't be seeing Charlie Sheen in an orange jumpsuit, and an innocent life taken because of his serious emotional and mental-health issues.

Let's take a look at Charlie Sheen's violent history against women, which began in the early 1990's:

• 1991: He "accidently" shot actress Kelly Preston in the arm while they were engaged. The engagement ended shortly after the incident.
  • 1996: The Los Angeles Times reported that he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of battery with serious bodily injury against then-girlfriend Brittany Ashland. She was knocked unconscious when he violently knocked her to the floor.
  • 2005: Second wife Denise Richards filed a sworn declaration, alleging that Sheen had assaulted her and threatened her life.
  • 2006: Richards filed for and received a restraining order against Sheen. In January 2010,she told Oprah that she had gotten the order of protection because Sheen was verbally abusive and had pushed and shoved her.
  • 2009: Sheen pled guilty to assaulting third wife Brooke Mueller, the mother of two of his four children. Brooke feared for her life and reported that he had used a knife while threatening to kill her.
  • October 26, 2010: In the latest incident, Charlie Sheen was taken to a hospital in New York City early Tuesday morning after trashing a room at the Plaza Hotel and frightening a female companion enough that she felt the need to lock herself in the bathroom and call security. Sheen had supposedly flown into a rage when he believed that his wallet and phone were missing. Denise Richards and their two daughters were in the hotel room next door when the incident occurred.

Charlie Sheen is out of control and needs serious mental-health intervention for his anger and drug-and-alcohol issues. The intervention needs to be carried out by those who truly care about his life and well-being, not those who just want his money and what he can provide for them due to his fame and fortune. If those around him continue to operate in a diluted, colluded and polluted manner (as his entourage has done), I predict that Sheen may die -- or someone who is in the wrong place at the wrong time when he flies into a violent drunken rage may wind up dead.

Charlie, you may be the highest-paid actor on TV now, but Phil Spector invented the "wall of sound" and was a "genius," and now he is worrying about getting beaten up by fellow inmates while walking the prison yard.

next: Hiding Behind Your Children in Divorce
scrapebox April 5, 2011, 7:35 AM

Hello. Thank you for posting this!

akne April 5, 2011, 8:47 AM

Simply wanna tell that this is extremely helpful, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

Cary Mackedanz April 5, 2011, 10:16 AM

sixty seven; one

nokia n900 April 5, 2011, 1:18 PM

Hey buddy, %BLOGTITLE%, really?? Have you ever heard about SEO? Your title should contain your main keywords, I don’t think %BLOGTITLE% is a good title. You should think a little bit about it if you want to be found on Google.

Hur pratar man med tjejer April 5, 2011, 3:21 PM

Thankyou for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting info .

fishing shirt purchase April 5, 2011, 7:22 PM

I am impressed with this internet site , rattling I am a big fan .

BMW performance April 5, 2011, 8:45 PM

Hey this is a great post . Can I use some of it on my page? I would of course link to your post so people could read the full article if they wanted to. Thanks either way.

used cars in columbus ohio April 6, 2011, 12:14 AM

I am glad to be one of many visitors on this great site (:, regards for posting .

program tv April 6, 2011, 4:47 AM

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

customizable t-shirts April 6, 2011, 6:44 AM

I think that may be a fascinating element, it made me assume a bit. Thank you for sparking my considering cap. From time to time I am getting so much in a rut that I simply feel like a record.

Ephedra Yohimbe Fatburner April 6, 2011, 3:21 PM

Howdy! Interessanter Newsblog! Site Fatburner Tabletten assistieren beim rapiden Abbau von Fettdepots! Besten Dank!

Prata med tjejer April 6, 2011, 4:41 PM

I truly treasure your work , Great post.

Health April 6, 2011, 7:06 PM

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

Life Plus vitamins April 6, 2011, 10:51 PM

I adore the site layout . How was it made!? It is so sweet.

Life Plus international April 6, 2011, 11:04 PM

This really answered my problem, thank you!

costa rica hotels April 7, 2011, 12:26 AM

I really appreciate the writer’s skills over here as he has presented the facts in the right manner. Also he has kept the content simple, engaging and concise.

links directory April 7, 2011, 9:49 PM

Excellent points?I might notice that as somebody who truly doesn’t write on blogs a lot (if truth be told, this can be my first post), I don’t think the time period ‘lurker’ could be very becoming to a non-posting reader. It’s no longer your fault the least bit , however most likely the blogosphere could come up with a better, non-creepy name for the 90% folks that enjoy studying the content material .

Ephedrine kaufen April 8, 2011, 2:48 AM

Servus! Ich bin über T-Online zu diesem Journal gekommen und möchte auch einen Kommentar hier lassen. Mir gefällt das Design sehr gut und ich werde sicher in Bälde zurückkehren. Ich wäre erfreut, wenn dir dir auch meine Site zum Thema Ephedrine besehen würdest. Ephedra Supplements sind der wirkungsvollste Fatburner für rapide Verbrennung von Körperfett. Lieben Dank und viel Spaß weiterhin mit deiner Seite!

frostwire April 8, 2011, 5:42 AM

I think that may be a captivating element, it made me assume a bit. Thank you for sparking my thinking cap. Sometimes I am getting such a lot in a rut that I simply really feel like a record.

Solar Electricity April 8, 2011, 10:40 AM

Hi, there - I have to admit, I’m impressed using your site. I have no trouble navigating through all the tabs and info was very easy to access. I found things i wanted in no time whatsoever. Pretty awesome. Would appreciate it if you add message boards or something like that, it might be a perfect method for your clients to interact. Congrats!