'I Can't Wait Until You Die': Outrage at American Couple's Cruel Taunts at Terminally Ill Seven-Year-Old Girl

Daily Mail: An American husband and wife have been branded the most heartless couple in the U.S. after taunting the family of a seven-year-old girl who is dying from an incurable disease.

Kathleen250.jpg

Scott and Jennifer Petkov's despicable behavior has caused outrage across the country after they posted a photo of terminally ill schoolgirl Kathleen Edwards on Facebook above a set of crossed bones.

Little Kathleen is in the final stages of Huntington's disease -- the same wasting illness that her mother, Laura, died from last year at the age of 24.

In another incredibly cruel taunt, Mrs. Petkov also put a picture of the girl's dead mother in the arms of the Grim Reaper online.

After Laura Edwards died last year, the Petkovs also allegedly drove their truck -- which bears the message 'Death Machine' and has a coffin attached to it -- down the street and honked the horn.

The sick attacks are the culmination of a long-running and increasingly bitter feud between the Petkovs and a number of neighbors in Trenton, Michigan that have raged over the past couple of years.

Neighbors accused the couple of laughing and poking fun at Laura Edwards and her daughter because of their disease, a progressive neurological disorder that causes involuntary writhing movements.

A Facebook page was set up identifying Jennifer Petkov as the 'Devil of Detroit Street' and an online petition describing the couple as 'disgusting human beings' was aiming to collect 100,000 names.

The story has also gone viral -- causing people from around the world, including Britain and Germany, to send messages of support to Kathleen's family.

The dying girl's father Robert Edwards appealed to the Petkov family: 'Just leave us alone; that's all we want. Don't make any more comments about our daughter.'

Mr. Edwards, 26, said it has been tough enough caring for his family.

'You have to understand how angry we are,' he told the Detroit News.

For complete story, go to: Daily Mail.

Read more stories in the news.

next: Teacher Removed After Bizarre Incident At McGavock High
Jennifer October 11, 2010, 5:31 AM

I clicked on the link— nice how after her kid gets sent home from school and her husband’s about to lose his job, she’s suddenly remorseful. She’s not “remorseful”, she’s manipulative.

Janet October 11, 2010, 2:01 PM

This petkov will rot and burn in hell forever. they lose.

Janet October 11, 2010, 2:02 PM

This petkov will rot and burn in hell forever. they lose.

doodyhead October 11, 2010, 5:43 PM

I hope somebody does something NASTY too these people.

Sorrowist October 11, 2010, 11:01 PM

I can understand why people may now like the statements made by a parent, actually wishing for there child’s life to end. However, I would just like to comment, that I can UNDERSTAND the parents statement from a personal incident of my own. My younger brother was born mentally and phyiscally disabelled, and died just 2 years ago at the age of 24. I KNOW that his whole life he went through so much pain and suffering. This burdened my heart deaply, and there where a few times I actually hoped that God would take him home to a better place. He was born with these dissabbilities, of which he had no control over, and additionally he suffered a great amount of physical pain in the last few years of his life. I loved him so much, and was very sad to have lost him. HOWEVER, I believe, that he is now in a peaceful place, regaurdless of faith a person may have, a person who is no longer with us here in the world has no more pain, and is NOT suffering any longer. I am NOT saying that I am a person of the Dr. Koverkian mindset, however I do feel less personal emotional pain knowing that my younger brother is no longer suffering - regaurdless if there is Heven and Hell, or if after one dies, they are simply “Dead”. I KNOW that if he is simply gone then there is no more pain for him, and IF he is in Heaven, then he STILL has no pain in his existance. I can understand the emotional releaf that a person may feal in KNOWING, that where-ever a loved one is at, that the pain and suffering is now gone. Perhaps they shared the persective poorly or to bluntly without enough of an explanation in there emotions and it was not fully understood. Or, perhaps people are NOT taking the time to realy consider the side of the parents logic, to understand WHY the parents made the statement that they made. Perhaps, just perhaps, people have nothing better to do than to find someone else who has gone through a tough time in there life, and they think that they has still been through worse times and those parents have no room to talk.

It’s all about perspective, and thinking before one speaks… Maybe I have now spoken before I thought, and perhaps someone will belittle my thoughts. It doesn’t matter it’s about the freedomes of America, and individuality, and freedomes to think, and freedomes of speak that many people take for granted.

I myself, well, I think that the public should just leave the family alone. In times of remorse and/or stress WE ALL have said and/or done things without a clear head.

Dany October 12, 2010, 6:49 AM

sorrowist, maybe you should read the story before you make your stupid comments. Her family did not say they wish she would die. It was a hateful neighbor couple that did that crap. Read the story.

Jennifer October 12, 2010, 8:38 AM

And this terrorist neighbor has kids of her own- FABULOUS! Why do the hateful always procreate?

Lori October 13, 2010, 3:02 PM

I can’t believe a grown woman, a MOTHER, could be so cruel to a dying CHILD! And I feel sorry for her own children, who surely love their Mother but now have to deal with the fall-out over her behavior. She has made her family the most hated family in the country! I think she must have undiagnosed mental issues.

Faraway October 15, 2010, 10:49 AM

I think the couple should be charge in court for what everything that they did and said….. especially for the wife, she’s really not OK in her head.. Just because of delay response for birthday party she can be acting so inhuman. And for her husband- Cmon man…. U should be thrown in a tank of Pirannahs dude… And now they are sorry after all had happened… Although Im far far away.. I will start to pray everyday that the Petkov will get some of retribution 1 trillon times worse than the Edwards,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Faraway October 15, 2010, 10:50 AM

Faraway October 15, 2010, 10:50 AM

BILL October 16, 2010, 8:23 AM

Dany…..obviously sorrowist was confused, but you were pretty heartless with your reply. I think that sorrowist has been through enough without rude replies on the internet. Show that you are better than trash like the Petkovs.

Michelle October 17, 2010, 7:14 PM

You are only getting Some of the story…I live near Trenton,Mi. Petkov has been harrassing neighbors for years. She was throwing mice into her next door neighbors pool! Petkov used a razor to cut the hoses on the pool also. And she smooshes her dogs poop under the fence or just throws it over. It has also been reported on the news that she has her kid photograph the neighbors while they are standing outside drinking their morning coffee on the deck. She is one twisted sister. Oh, the neighbor that I was refering to about the mice in the pool, cut lines, Dog crap, and being photographed is the SAME NEIGHBOR THAT SHE TRIED TO RUN DOWN !!! As bad as you think she is, she is actually worse.

Michelle October 17, 2010, 7:15 PM