Jon Gosselin Fights to Keep Kids out of Spotlight!

momlogic's Vivian:

Jon Gosselin

For quite a while, Jon Gosselin has been saying he wants his kids off the small screen, pronto. And Perez Hilton reports he's taken to Twitter to proclaim his stance and explain why.Here's what Gosselin wrote:

"As you may or may not be aware, I have been working for some time to remove my children from television. I do not believe being on TV is beneficial to any of them. They are no longer toddlers that are oblivious to what is going on around them. They are now six and ten, in school and desperately in need of a normal life.

Each of them has experienced negative effects of having their lives so public. Some are struggling with emotional and/or behavioral issues. My goal for my children is for them to have a normal childhood, and gain back their much-deserved privacy. This is not about money, this is about my children. No amount of money is worth the price my children are paying. You cannot put a price on childhood. Money comes and goes, but you only have one childhood.

For those questions about money and support, I can say I am supporting my children to the best of my ability. All parties involved know the truth about this. I am and have been actively seeking employment. I have been barred from accepting entertainment deals that would generate income for my family due to contractual obligations. I am also actively looking for a job outside of the entertainment industry and so far, have not secured a position. In the meantime, I have been focusing on spending time with my children and providing a safe, stable, normal and private environment for them!

On October 13, 2010, I went to court to act in the best interest of my children -- to remove them from television. The judge respectfully denied my plea, and granted filming rights to their mother. I honor the judge's decision, but I do not support it. I will not stop fighting to remove my children from television. It is not a child's job to support themselves, or a lifestyle; they need to be kids. I would like to apologize to my friends, family and especially my children for not taking a stand earlier in my life and not questioning my decisions to have our lives documented and displayed. I will have to answer to my children for the rest of my life. I will have to live with this guilt the rest of my life. I am truly sorry!"

WHOA! It really seems like he feels bad he didn't express these reservations back when he was married to Kate and living off the proceeds!

What do you guys think? Do you think being on a reality show is detrimental to a child's upbringing -- and if so, how?

next: 'Sesame Street' Teaches Girls to Love Their Hair
Jesse Janzen October 19, 2010, 11:33 PM

Interesting point of view.Thanks for the post. - I have been laid up with intentional flu. - Samuel Goldwyn 1882 - 1974

Jeffrey Jone October 20, 2010, 12:08 AM

It only goes to show where there’s will there’s a way. Keep on trying. - It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. - Abraham Lincoln 1809 - 1865

Jason Jund October 20, 2010, 12:44 AM

You make some good points. I guess it depends on your standpoint. - Tradition is the illusion of permanance. - Woody Allen Born 1935

Jonathan Jacklin October 20, 2010, 1:21 AM

You make some good points. I guess it depends on your standpoint. - Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt. - Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Juan Jelinek October 20, 2010, 2:36 AM

Hey, found your site by accident doing a search on Google but I’ll definitely be coming back. - The government is unresponsive to the needs of the little man. Under 5’7”, it is impossible to get your congressman on the phone. - Woody Allen Born 1935

Karen October 22, 2010, 6:56 PM

I think that the show has given those eight children wonderful experiences that would otherwise be impossible on a nurses salary. Way to go Kate for fighting to continue to give your children great childhood experiences that most of us could only dream of.

structured settlement lump sum November 1, 2010, 4:43 AM

Hi I found your site on del.icio.us today and really liked it.. i bookmarked it and will be back to check it out some more later

Glenmont Working Mother of 2 November 10, 2010, 3:53 PM

OMG. Get real people. It’s had enouogh today for a 2 income household to support just 2 kids. Impossible for 1 nurse to support 8 kids. Jon only became “concerned” about the kids when he was cut off from the gravy train and thus all the freebies were gone. Sour grapes for a lazy phildandering bum. With filming, these kids are seeing things in this world all of us wish we could afford to give our own kids. Kate’s job is in the entertainment undustry now - which is the only place she can make enough to support the kids. Kate is NOT spending the kids money on herself, clothes or surgery. The surgery was FREE! Many of the clothes, etc. are free perks too. IF Jon really wanted to support his kids, he would take (IE: McDonald’s) while looking for something in his chosen (computers??) field. Heard Jon was fired for gold-bricking on the last job he held when the kids were infants??

Linda November 11, 2010, 4:43 AM

yeah well he didn’t have this problem when he was living off the money and now he is not getting any of the money so now there his kids and they shouldn’t be in the limelight there is nothing in it for him now so this is not a good idea anymore this guy kills me what a freeloader hey john want a little cheese to go with that whine

Kerrie Muney November 12, 2010, 6:20 AM

Hi, please visit my blackjack site too! - Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. Attributed to Pablo Picasso

Kerrie Dragna November 12, 2010, 6:32 PM

I was studying something else about this on another blog. Interesting. Your perspective on it is novel. - Certainty? In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes. - Benjamin Franklin 1706 - 1790

Kerrie Gruz November 12, 2010, 6:44 PM

Just proves the old adage. It’s an ill wind that blows no good. - If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future plans. - Woody Allen Born 1935

Kerrie Stgerard November 12, 2010, 9:48 PM

I love these blogs! I have created a website from where I will promote these sites. - The government is unresponsive to the needs of the little man. Under 5’7”, it is impossible to get your congressman on the phone. Woody Allen Born 1935

Kerrie Bucciarelli November 12, 2010, 10:35 PM

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying here but it could do with more detail. - That’s what’s cool about working with computers. They don’t argue, they remember everything and they don’t drink all your beer. Attributed to Paul Leary

Kerrie Azznara November 12, 2010, 10:41 PM

I’ve been following your site for 5 days now and I should tell you I am starting to like your article. and now how do I subscribe to your website? - They’ve finally come up with the perfect office computer. If it makes a mistake, it blames another computer. Attributed to Milton Berle

Kerrie Spinola November 12, 2010, 10:44 PM

You make some good points. I guess it depends on your standpoint. - If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank. - Woody Allen Born 1935

Kerrie Papallo November 12, 2010, 11:21 PM

I want to be sincere, this poker blog and article just inspired me I think im going to win a lot - The real danger is not that computers will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like computers. Attributed to Sydney Harris

Kerrie Eischeid November 13, 2010, 12:40 AM

Love taking photos. Love pretty much everything about it. I love to talk about it. I love to dream about it. I see the wonderful inspiring shots online and wish I can be the one taking it. yeah, that’s my dream. GreenwichGal - I don’t think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib. Woody Allen Born 1935

Kerrie Mendelowitz November 13, 2010, 12:54 AM

Hey, found your site by accident doing a search on Google but I’ll definitely be coming back. - Basically my wife was immature. I’d be at home in the bath and she’d come in and sink my boats. - Woody Allen Born 1935

Kerrie Williemae November 13, 2010, 4:19 AM

You make some good points. I guess it depends on your standpoint. - If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin 1706 - 1790