Korean Moms Nix Gay Storyline!

momlogic's Vivian:Came across this story during my morning trawl on Perez Hilton,and it must be filed under "UNREAL"! Apparently, a group of Korean moms has formally mobilized to object to how a gay couple is portrayed on the popular Korean TV show "Life Is Beautiful." Their open letter of protest appeared in the Chosun Journal. Here's an alleged excerpt from the bummer of a bigoted missive:

Life is beautiful
"If my son becomes gay and dies from AIDS after watching 'Life Is Beautiful,' SBS must take responsibility! 'Life Is Beautiful' has glamorized the culture of gays against what is realistically, healthy and proper for the citizens of Korea."

In response, openly gay Korean actor Hong Seok-cheon apparently issued the following in a series of tweets: "'Take responsibility for my son becoming gay because of the drama?' What a funny ad, but also quite disappointing. Soon they will be putting out an ad saying, 'Don't hang out with Hong Seok-cheon if you don't want to be gay.' This was the exact reason I was fired from 'BboBboBbo' 10 years ago when I first came out -- all of those calls made to the broadcast company asking to take me off the show. If such logic was true, all of those children that were on a part of the show with me should be gay by now, but they aren't. The gay couple that is shown on 'Life Is Beautiful' is so beautifully and realistically drawn. If there really is a son out there that becomes gay after watching the drama, it is not because he became gay but because he actually was gay and finally earned enough confidence to come out. It could be the drama that gave him that strength to come out to his parents and ask for understanding. How unfortunate for the children that live under the parents that put out such a trashy advertisement. AIDS is not a disease specific to gays. How is it that I found out that I was gay 25 years before I saw the drama 'Life Is Beautiful'? What kind of dramas did the gays in the '50s, '60s and '70s watch in order to become gay? Being gay is not a contagious disease, you fools. The people that put out this ad not only demolished the human rights of gays but of AIDS patients as well."

Tell it like it is, Hong! Surprising and sad to hear that a group of moms would band together and make a concerted effort to issue such a message of hatred, ignorance and bigotry. Question is, how long until one of their children comes out? What will they do then?

next: Will I Ever Sleep Again? Help!
Clarence A. Kang March 31, 2011, 2:51 AM

Thanks

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 9:41 AM

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You’re amazing! Thanks!

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 2:13 PM

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too fantastic. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually a tremendous website.

book of ra online March 31, 2011, 3:23 PM

obviously like your web site however you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very bothersome to tell the truth nevertheless I’ll definitely come back again.

wpolscemamymocneseo March 31, 2011, 4:07 PM

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don’t know who you are but definitely you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!

pc repair March 31, 2011, 11:50 PM

You actually make it appear so easy together with your presentation however I to find this topic to be really something that I think I’d by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and extremely vast for me. I am having a look forward to your next post, I will try to get the grasp of it!

wpolscemamymocneseo April 1, 2011, 3:06 AM

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!

SolarEnergyNow April 1, 2011, 3:39 PM

Hello - I have to admit, I’m impressed using your site. I have little difficulty navigating through all the loss and info was super easy to access. I discovered things i wanted in no time at all. Pretty great. Would appreciate it should you add forums or something, it might be the perfect way for your clients to interact. Congrats!

SolarEnergyNow April 1, 2011, 10:34 PM

Hello - I have to admit, I’m impressed using your site. I had no trouble navigating through all of the tabs and information was very easy to access. I discovered things i wanted in no time whatsoever. Pretty great. Would be thankful should you add message boards or something like that, it would be a perfect way for your customers to interact. Congrats!

pc repair April 2, 2011, 2:59 AM

It’s actually a great and helpful piece of information. I’m happy that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

wpolscemamymocneseo April 2, 2011, 3:30 AM

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don’t know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!

Custom Graphic Kits April 2, 2011, 7:17 AM

Very hlpful Post! I am so glad I stumbled onto this. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for Posting. I’ll definately visit again! Sean

LUXURY JET CHARTER April 2, 2011, 10:16 AM

When are you going to post again? You really inform me!

wpolscemamymocneseo April 2, 2011, 11:14 AM

hello there and thank you for your info – I have definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for much more of your respective exciting content. Ensure that you update this again soon..

lowongan pekerjaan 2011 pekanbaru April 2, 2011, 12:16 PM

I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thanks again

SolarPowerNow April 2, 2011, 6:34 PM

Hi there can I reference some of the insight found in this entry if I reference you together with a link back to your internet site?

Boise Home Inspection April 3, 2011, 9:05 PM

Thanks , I have recently been searching for info about this topic for a while and yours is the greatest I have found out so far. However, what concerning the bottom line? Are you certain concerning the supply?

Life Plus international April 3, 2011, 9:50 PM

Have you considered adding some relevant links to your article? I think it might enhance viewers’ understanding.

max generation April 4, 2011, 10:58 AM

excellent put up, very informative. I wonder why the opposite specialists of this sector don’t understand this. You should continue your writing. I am confident, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

rankpay April 4, 2011, 11:50 AM