Organize Your Kids' Room!

momlogic's Vivian:

kids room

I don't know about you guys, but I can hardly keep up with my kids' stuff. Their miscellany creeps up on the floor and before I know it, it closes in on their play space. And who has time at the end of each and every busy day to pick up each and every toy or article of clothing they decide to take out?

I asked "The Closet Lady," a.k.a. Doreen Tuman, for her advice. With more than 22 years of experience organizing closets and designing interior spaces, she was kind enough to share some easy ways we moms can avoid the dreaded "stuff creep."

Hook It Up:
Kids just love to play dress-up, and parents just love it when kids can put their own things away. Tuman says that by placing tons of hooks around your kids' room at eye level, you'll keep heavy-rotation backpacks, coats, clothing and hats out of closets and off the floor, while allowing your kids easy access to them.

Basket!
Whether they pull out in an organizational system or sit on a shelf, baskets make for amazing toy receptacles, and allow toys and games to be organized into categories. Safely store LEGOs, stuffed animals or games in baskets, and your kids can grab them at a glance -- not to mention, put them away easily!

Double (or Triple) Your Closet Space
Tuman says that even the most basic closet customization can maximize closet space that often goes unused. Try adding adjustable shelves close together to hold sweaters or shoes. Another easy fix? If your kids are young, simply add a rod about 2 1/2 feet below the standard closet rod, and double your hanging space!

Laundry Hampers
Give your children the opportunity to undress themselves by placing a laundry basket in their room. "If you give a place for kids to put their own clothes away, you teach them good habits," says Tuman. "If they learn when they're very little, they'll get used to doing it and won't have to be told all the time."

Great point! Here's to fall cleaning!

Want to know more about The Closet Lady? Visit her website!

next: Game or Lame: 'Club Penguin: Game Day' for Wii
Pharma268 October 22, 2010, 8:28 PM

Hello! dbbfcee interesting dbbfcee site!

Nothing is more admirable than the fortitude with which millionaires tolerate the disadvantages of their wealth.

Montoya25LUELLA December 11, 2010, 5:14 AM

If you are willing to buy a house, you would have to get the home loans. Furthermore, my sister all the time takes a bank loan, which seems to be the most fast.

Tunsori Cu Breton Drept December 20, 2010, 12:15 AM

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

LOUELLA35Fox January 4, 2011, 8:15 AM

Do you guess it can be not real to have some fun studying? Everything is possible. For example, you can keep away from essays writing if buy essay. Thence, all can be simple, as you notice!

Alethea Ingwell January 6, 2011, 7:58 AM

Just like the saying goes, in the guru’s brain there aren’t many alternatives, but for someone possessing a rookie’s mind, everything is open.

BeulahMay31 January 6, 2011, 1:35 PM

Think, there’re no simple resolutions for essays accomplishing task? However, I claim that there are many resolutions of such kind of issues. In fact, the writing center will be a type of solution. You just have to rely on your strength and all will definitely be cool.

Shane Pih January 18, 2011, 6:16 AM

Recently i found your posting and have been reading along. I was thinking I’d leave my 1st comment as it truly caught my interest. I’ll visit back here regularly to look for brand new articles.

Sallie Nosbisch January 23, 2011, 6:38 AM

I recently came across your site and have been browsing along. I figured I’d drop my first comment as it really captured my attention. I most certainly will check back here regularly to check for fresh material.

Andrea W. Watson February 3, 2011, 3:09 AM

As a Single mother I always find way to make the room of my children comfortable and clean.But anyway I accidentally visit your site when I’m searching a fleshlights in Google search engine.Nice post1

RosarioMonroe February 3, 2011, 5:30 PM

Many university students want to eraze their essay papers difficulties. However, all they do not get, that can be possible to pay for essay and satisfy academic needs.

korokotikoala February 5, 2011, 9:49 PM

Thanks dude. This has been special hearing

korokotikoala February 5, 2011, 9:57 PM

Thanks a lot. It is nice hearing

Sex LiveCam February 7, 2011, 11:00 AM

Hi @all! I am happy to find your article about this topic.What you write is fully my opinion. Please go on with your good work. greetings

fgheuifi February 10, 2011, 5:59 PM

After i view your Feed it just provides me with a webpage of weird text, is the problem on my reader? TY for putting this up, it had been very useful and told me tons.

Bunn Stx February 13, 2011, 9:13 AM

I needed to express Thank You for providing this information, youre carrying out a great job using the site…

jersey shore season 3 episode 3 February 14, 2011, 1:39 PM

Hi! Would you be interested in exchanging links?

disocount uggclick February 15, 2011, 12:47 AM

wow ,it’s very sexy ,sex shopping ,i like it very much
i want to share it with all friends,please click it here quickly

Jaimee Trentman February 18, 2011, 7:46 AM

I just came upon your site and have been reading along. I was thinking I will post my first comment as it genuinely caught my interest. I most certainly will drop back again frequently to check for fresh information.

Ginny Pouncy February 18, 2011, 9:06 AM

Really helpful ideas. I am lucky I uncovered this page by chance. Just bookmarked it