Reading books is an important part of the Kumon method -- and it's crucial to a child's development.
* ... is an active mental process.
* ... is a fundamental skill builder.
* ... improves vocabulary.
* ... improves concentration and focus.
* ... builds self-esteem.
* ... improves memory and discipline.
* ... fosters new mental associations.
* ... improves reasoning skills.
* ... reduces stress.
Kumon recommends that all children read a mimimum set of books. This list is matched to the skill and comprehension abilities of the child, based on his or her Kumon level. See the recommended reading lists here.
Do your kids like to read? How do you encourage reading in your home?