Are You and Your Child Astrologically Compatible?

Guest blogger Jessica Katz: I am not sure how true astrology really is, but I am a Cancer and I fit the description to a tee. When we are dating, we find ourselves looking up our astrological compatibility with our mates. So why not do that with our kids?

horoscope
I decided to explore how well my Sagittarius child and I are suited for one another. One thing that is a thorn in our ten-month relationship is that my daughter hates to be cuddled. She fights and squirms and screams if you try to hug or snuggle her. She can't stand to feel caged in or trapped. She has always been super independent and has never been a clingy baby. In fact, she will let anyone hold her and she is happiest roaming free.

This devastates me. I want to cuddle my cute little baby! It is torture for her to be so cute and not let me cuddle her. So what did our compatibility test say? It said that Sagittarius children are very independent and that Cancer parents are nurturing and loving. It said, "Your parenting style includes plenty of nurturing, support, protection and connection, but your Sagittarius child is quite independent. The truth is, she doesn't want you hovering so close as she explores the world around her! Try not to let this hurt your feelings. Your little one is naturally curious, energetic and unrestricted. In fact, she couldn't be more different from you in that way."

Well, I suppose if we were dating that would mean we were incompatible (although I married a Sagittarius). In regards to a parent-child relationship, it means: Don't take it so personally when all the other babies curl up in their moms' laps and your baby crawls away. It makes me feel good to know that she is so loved and secure that she feels free to be independent while knowing that her father and I are always here for her. Although once in a while, I just want a hug.

next: Time to Spread My Thanksgiving Wings
K8 November 16, 2010, 8:46 AM

We’re kinda the opposite in our house. I’m an uber-verbal Gemini married to a touchy-feely Cancer…raising a little Piece of Pieces. Buy the end of the day, I’m all touched out (and he wants to cuddle) and all I want to do is talk! (Also longing for the day I can actually have a conversation with my daughter, now 2.5!)

K8 November 16, 2010, 8:50 AM

Anonymous November 16, 2010, 11:07 AM

Well, first off, I would like to say that flaming balls of gas a million miles away don’t actually have any effect on human behavior. I know it must be nice to shrug and blame Betelgeuse when you have problems with your children, but wouldn’t it be nice if you could take responsibility and resolve your problems instead?

Secondly, if you do believe in astrology why not plan for it while pregnant? Choose a date, get a C-section and put your dangerously underweight and underdeveloped baby into an incubator for a few weeks. I know it might die, but if it doesn’t then at least you won’t have to worry about that flaming ball of gas giving your baby a temperament you don’t like.

Incidentally, I used to work in a book shop. At the end of the day, the self-help section would always be in the worst state. I wonder why people who can’t put a book neatly back on a shelf have so many problems in their lives - the fault of stars, perhaps?

I hope you all enjoy the predictably hateful comments that are about to ensue. Please start…

…NOW…

Bonnie November 16, 2010, 3:14 PM

Anonymous are you on drugs??? I couldn’t make head or tail of your post.

Ten Tees January 9, 2011, 1:05 PM

Great information! Good and fun reading. I have got a single opinion to give about funny shirts.

uk immigration lawyers  February 10, 2011, 7:15 PM

Hello. impressive job. I did not anticipate this. This is a fantastic story. Thanks!

Life Plus March 17, 2011, 2:48 PM

without doubt a Logical mind posting Like my Pagan Multimedia Artist used to declare Nothing venture, nothing gain!