'Mom, I Don't Wanna Go to Disney World!'

Have you ever seen kids so disappointed over the news of a Disney World vacation? Neither have we. You'll have to see it to believe it!

Moms, what would you do if your kids acted as ungrateful as these little guys?

next: 'Community' Star Joel McHale on Fatherhood
JD November 9, 2010, 2:27 PM

Wow. Well, I’m going to give the kids the benefit of the doubt because I can’t believe that ANY kids wouldn’t be excited about Disney - unless there were extenuating circumstances! I’m thinking the kids were overtired and grumpy from driving all night long and not sleeping well. I really, really, really hope that’s why they reacted that way. If not … well, they need to hoof it over to a homeless shelter in Orlando instead of Disney and work there for a week so they can get a concept of how truly fortunate they are.

April November 9, 2010, 2:29 PM

When I was 17 we drove from Houston to Panama City, FL. My parents offered to take us to Disney World but the thought of sitting in the car with them for another day made us say no.

Where were they saying they wanted to go instead? ____town?

Robin November 9, 2010, 3:17 PM

Hope they didn’t buy the tickets ahead of time. At that point I’d be headed to the beach and the grouches can glower under a beach umbrella for the rest of the trip.

Rachel Humphrey November 9, 2010, 5:02 PM

I think the boy in the middle was complaining he wanted to go some place else. Kids don’t always know what is really there they know what they know but don’t know what they don’t know. The older boy didn’t seem like he had an opinion. He prob. didn’t want to be with his parents. The girl was crying prob. from being tired or because of what he brother was saying. If i was already on my way we would go anyway. If we hadn’t left yet we wouldn’t leave or i would leave them at home and go alone.

Anonymous November 14, 2010, 8:26 AM

I have to say that this video has actually left me quite upset. I don’t think, Christina, that you should be this angry with your children just because their holiday wishes don’t match yours. Neither do I think that it’s healthy for them to know that their faces have been spread over the internet with such negativity attached to them. The silence of the oldest boy says it all to me. He knows there’s a camera in his face, he knows how his younger siblings feel, and he knows that anything he says and does to show his feelings will be tossed back in his face by friends and family for decades to come. Really, such a private moment should not become public fodder. I hope you think before you post something like this next time, I really do.

However, since it is here and since I have seen it, I have to say that I know a lot of children who would be unimpressed with Disney Land. Perhaps we can all use this as a moment, Christina, to realise that when arranging a holiday, sometimes it might be better to sit down with the children and let them discuss their options. As a parent, I think that, perhaps, you have forgotten that listening can be more important than instructing.

I hope the next time I read a post from you it will have a more positive note.

CJ November 14, 2010, 5:02 PM

Talk about setting kids up to fail - “hey kids, why aren’t you reacting like those kids in a commercial?” I wouldn’t have had this problem because I wouldn’t have sprung the news on them in a public place with no warning. But then I wouldn’t be taking them to a contrived money vacuum like Disneyworld in the first place. There are so many interesting places we could drive to all along the east coast instead…

Sharon Dennis December 3, 2010, 2:54 PM

WOW!!! Are they overly spoiled? Hopefully they we just tired and couldn’t think straight. I would tell them how sad I was they didn’t like my surprise for my wonderful kids. Then find a unfortunate family and give it to them as a gift. Explaining to my kids how fortunate they are. And to have a mom who tries so hard to give them a wonderful surprise. And for the next month they will live without all the things they love. No games, bikes, cell phones, etc and only have a weeks worth of clothes. They will hopefully learn to appreciate what they are given in life.

Caroline December 13, 2010, 2:48 PM

I dont think this is unreasonable at all of these kids. they were told they were going to someone’s house apparently for a long time, and maybe they really wanted to see that person. Maybe, unlike the parents, these kids think it’s more important to see someone they probably haven’t seen in a long time than to go to Disney World. Plus, I know I’m thrown for a loop when my long-standing plans are changed and I don’t think being upset about it is unreasonable and ungrateful.

no February 4, 2011, 6:39 PM

where does that kid want to go? dicktown?