Fast and Easy Holiday Cards

Lara Shriftman of PartyConfidential.com: I enjoy making personalized holiday cards on custom stationery. They are much more sweet and intimate than the regular ones. Here are a few suggestions:

holiday cards
  • Plan to send the cards out the first week of December, to ensure that they're delivered before all of the holidays. If you can't mail them until later, choose "Seasons Greetings" or "Happy New Year" cards.
  • Classic greeting cards are always chic. Crane & Co. is my "classic" go-to. Other great classic lines are Smythson, Mrs. John L Strong, Tiffany and Cartier. For a "funny card" option, I recommend Smart Alex. These original and eccentric cards always put a smile on my face! And Meri Meri and Robin Maguire are my "cute card" go-tos. Some of their cards even include a pop-up 3D cutout!
  • When it comes to boxed sets, I recommend the Paper Source -- it has simple and clean cards at a great price.
  • If you're ordering all of your gifts online, note that most companies have cards attached to their gifts. Harry & David allows you to create a custom card with whatever you give.
  • If you have time, make your own cards. Last year, I designed my own card with a photo taken by an amazing photographer, Myriam Santos, and ordered Crane & Co. cards from the Alpine Creative Group.
  • You could also have a graphic designer design your card.Hiring a professional calligrapher for envelope addressing is also always a nice touch.
  • You can also make your own cards at home, from scratch: Have your picture printed on card stock or photo paper at Costco or Rite Aid. Photocopy your printed message and paste it to the back of your photograph. The Paper Source isagreat place to find all styles and types of envelopes. Fora cute detail, order personalized stamps from zazzle.com. You can use these on any envelope.
  • Put your cards to work: Use them to increase awareness about a charity that is important to you, and to help your charity raise money. Make a small donation in the name of each person you send a card to; on their card, say that a donation has been made in their name, and give a short description of the chosen charity. Three I like: the Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation, the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Love Heals.
  • Always send out hard copies of your card. In addition, you can also e-mail digital copies, but if you do so, make sure you send them "BCC."
  • Keep the holidays cards you received this year that you liked, and use them for inspiration next year. And don't forget to keep a list of who sent you cards and who you sent cards to, for next year's list!
Luxury, fashion and lifestyle expert Lara Shriftman cofounded Harrison & Shriftman in 1995. The agency specializes in public relations, marketing and events for high-profile luxury brands. In addition to serving as a correspondent for "Extra" with her own segment, Party Confidential, Lara and partner Elizabeth Harrison have authored four books on entertaining: "Fete Accompli," "Fete Accompli Workbook," "Party Confidential" and "Party Confidential: New Etiquette for Fabulous Entertaining." For more info, go to www.partyconfidential.com, Hs-pr.com or Luluflynn.com.

next: Cop Mom Promoted after Fancy Gun Work at Beauty Parlor!
Surveys That Pay Money November 5, 2010, 2:37 AM

Surveys are a good place to start if you’re new to making money online, but you gotta steer clear of the wrong websites. You’ll get hosed and not make any money. But it can work correctly if done correctly

Get Paid To Complete Offers November 5, 2010, 2:37 AM

Surveys are a great place to start if you’re new to generating money online, but you gotta steer clear of the wrong sites. You will get hosed and not make any money. However it can work if done correctly

Get Paid To Complete Offers November 5, 2010, 2:40 AM

Surveys are a great place to begin if you are new to making money online, but you gotta steer clear of the wrong websites. You’ll get hosed and not make any money. However it can work correctly if done in the right way

Surveys That Pay Money November 5, 2010, 1:48 PM

Surveys are a good place to start if you are new to making money on-line, but you gotta steer clear of the bad websites. You will get hosed and not make any money. But it can work correctly if done in the right way

tudung bidang 60 December 17, 2010, 7:56 AM

I think your post was secretly a good start to a potential series of posts about this topic. A lot of people pretend to know what they’re talking about when it comes to this topic and generally, very few people actually get it. You seem to know about it however, so I think you should run with it. Thanks!

Hinkley Outdoor Lighting December 17, 2010, 9:41 AM

Crayola December 17, 2010, 10:21 AM

I just couldnt leave your website before letting you know that we really enjoyed the useful information you offer to your visitors… Will be back soon to check up on new stuff you post!

Jeannette Delahoz December 17, 2010, 2:25 PM

HCG specialists will tell you that the diet - a terrifying 500 calorie each day diet - is not just to limit your calorie intake. It has an additional additional necessary function and which is to activate the alleged powers of HCG hormone to increase the fat burning ability of one’s physique. In brief, without it the HCG hormone that you are needed to ingest each day for a number of weeks and for which you’re necessary to shell out substantial quantity of money is going to be useless.

English Premier League Video Highlight December 17, 2010, 9:06 PM

would love to always get updated great site !

Baby Boutique December 18, 2010, 1:07 AM

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but I’m glad I visited. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

Braun Shaver Reviews December 18, 2010, 3:08 AM

some genuinely interesting info , well written and broadly speaking user friendly .

Psychology Bachelor Info December 18, 2010, 4:36 AM

Appreciate it for sharing the information with us.

Raegan December 18, 2010, 7:20 PM

Enjoyed studying this, very good stuff, regards .

car seat covers hawaii December 26, 2010, 3:19 AM

I enjoy looking at and I believe this website got some truly useful stuff on it!

Dung Bute December 26, 2010, 3:05 PM

Ne’er knew this, appreciate it for letting me know.

panasonic electric shaver  December 28, 2010, 6:13 AM

Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information.

hypnosis December 28, 2010, 12:50 PM

Hi folks, - found out about your current web page inadvertently whilst wandering across the web this afternoon, and happy that I did! I like the style and design and different shades, but I need to mention that I’m having problems when it loads. I’m making use of Lynx 2.8 web browser for mac, and the menu does not lineup correctly. i’m pretty sure I’ve used exactly the same layout on a company’s online site, but the menu seems all straight on mine. I suspect the mistake is at my end and maybe it is time to switch!

John Hauffe January 1, 2011, 7:15 AM

Well I truly liked studying it. This article procured by you is very useful for good planning.

kona hawaii vacation rentals January 8, 2011, 1:43 PM

Can we agree to disagree?

tudung bidang 60 inci January 14, 2011, 12:44 AM

Merely wanna tell that this is extremely helpful, Thanks for taking your time to write this.