Help Us, Fairy Jobmother!

In this economy, we could all use a little help. While some are struggling to make ends meet, some are struggling just to find a job! Meet Hayley Taylor, the Fairy Jobmother. Hayley is an international career specialist who assists job-challenged families with her no-nonsense tactics to motivate them to get back on the payroll. We sat down with Hayley to talk about her new Lifetime show, "Fairy Jobmother," and how she's taking the job world by storm -- one resume at a time.

Haley Taylor
momlogic: In the show, you live and work with these families. Did you learn anything that surprised you?

Hayley Taylor: The actual thing that hit me the most was the amount of debt that some of the families were in. They've obviously gotten themselves into situations it's not easy to get out of. Bills aren't being paid. They're struggling to try and manage [it all].

ml: Tell us about some of the issues that "Fairy Jobmother" tackles.

HT: We don't just deal with the unemployment. We go back and deal with everything that caused the general feelings of depression and low self-esteem and low self-confidence and address absolutely every issue. I think that's the thing that makes "Fairy Jobmother" stand apart, because with a lot of documentary and reality programs, what you see is what you get. What we're trying to do is make something that has a lasting impression, a lasting affect on the families that we work with.

ml: You pursued work in employment training after your husband was laid off from his job. Did you end up helping him gain employment again?

HT: It's really funny you should ask that question, because, yes, I did. I did help him. We saw an advertisement for the position that he's held now for the last ten years. I persuaded him to apply for it. He thought it was beyond his capabilities. I said, "No, you can. You can do that. It's within your skill set." He went for the interview and he didn't actually get the job. I was thinking, "This can't be right. This can't be right." Then two weeks later, they contacted him and said, "We made the wrong decision. We chose the wrong person. Would you still be prepared to accept the position?"

ml: What do you find is the biggest stumbling block for people who are trying to get back on their feet?

HT:I would say the biggest stumbling block is a lack of self-belief, a belief that they can move forward, a belief that they can do opportunities that are out there. They lack a lot of self-confidence, have low self-esteem. The fact that they become unemployed has really knocked them in so many ways, particularly emotionally.

ml: Given that, what is the most important thing that you teach them, so that they can move forward on their own after you've gone away?

HT:
There are ways of feeling good about themselves, of feeling confident, of being able to communicate with people and fundamental things that affect you for the rest of your life. I've had many mentors in my life and people that I've taken little pieces from and aspired to be like. I hope that they can get a little bit of that from me and carry that forward.

next: Divorce Dialogues: 'I Had to Give Up the Dream of the Perfect Life'
Solarpanelsforhome April 2, 2011, 6:36 PM

Your writing is fantastic and provides food for thought. I really hope that I’ll get more time to go through your posts. Regards. I hope that you simply publish new texts and welcome you to greet me

clixzing April 2, 2011, 11:21 PM

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the stor. I cant believe youre not even more popular than you are because you definitely have a gift.

rankbuilder 2.0 relaunch April 2, 2011, 11:47 PM

I used to be suggested this website by means of my cousin. I am now not sure whether or not this publish is written by him as nobody else realize such particular about my difficulty. You’re wonderful! Thank you!

Carpet Cleaning April 3, 2011, 12:00 AM

Exctly what I was searching for! thnks so much for Listing the info. I searched for quite a while and found a lot of bad info, before I found this. Thanks! Jer

Life Plus international April 3, 2011, 10:57 PM

A insightful post there mate ! Cheers for it !

max generation April 4, 2011, 11:15 AM

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually know what you’re speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my web site =). We may have a link exchange agreement between us!

rankpay promo code April 4, 2011, 11:50 AM

Hé c’est un grand poteau. Est-ce que je peux employer une partie là-dessus sur mon emplacement ? Je naturellement lierais à votre emplacement ainsi les gens pourraient lire le plein article s’ils voulaient à. Remercie l’une ou l’autre manière.

replacement windows Philadelphia April 4, 2011, 4:51 PM

I’m getting a javascript error, is anyone else?

arikelarkiv April 4, 2011, 9:54 PM

Exactly what I was looking for, regards for posting .

scrapebox April 5, 2011, 3:49 PM

Hello. Thank you for posting this!

carpet cleaning washington dc April 5, 2011, 9:15 PM

Well, I don’t know if that’s going to work for me, but definitely worked for you! :) Excellent post!

Fish Catching Tips April 6, 2011, 2:05 PM

I don’t even know how I stopped up here, but I believed this post was good. I don’t know who you’re however definitely you’re going to a well-known blogger if you happen to are not already ;) Cheers!

Life Plus April 6, 2011, 4:03 PM

Thanks for making me laugh at the end of long and stressful day.

BioBasics April 6, 2011, 5:09 PM

When are you going to post again? You really entertain me!

vegas packages cheap best April 6, 2011, 10:34 PM

As I website owner I think the content here is rattling fantastic , regards for your efforts.

colored contact lense April 7, 2011, 6:22 PM

It is perfect time to make a few plans for the long run and it is time to be happy. I have read this submit and if I may just I desire to suggest you few interesting issues or suggestions. Maybe you could write subsequent articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more issues approximately it!

one way links April 7, 2011, 10:24 PM

I’ve been reading your entries throughout my morning holiday, and I should admit the entire article has been very enlightening and really well written. I assumed I might will let you understand that for some reason why this weblog does now not view smartly in Internet Explorer 8. I want Microsoft may stop converting their software. I have a query for you. Would you thoughts changing weblog roll hyperlinks? That will be really neat!

frostwire April 8, 2011, 6:49 AM

Just right points?I’d notice that as anyone who really doesn’t write on blogs much (in fact, this can be my first publish), I don’t think the time period ‘lurker’ could be very turning into to a non-posting reader. It’s not your fault in the least , but perhaps the blogosphere could come up with a greater, non-creepy title for the 90% folks that enjoy studying the content material .

Bob O. Cole April 8, 2011, 12:35 PM

Many thanks

used cars in columbus ohio April 9, 2011, 12:37 AM

Some truly marvelous work on behalf of the owner of this web site , dead outstanding articles .