Just Dance!

Liesl Bradner: When Emily Plume received "Just Dance" as a Christmas gift last year before heading back East to visit her family, she had never heard of the Wii game. After trying it out at the holiday party with her 40-year-old mom friends -- as well as her daughters and their friends -- she knew this was no ordinary video game. She didn't stop dancing until everyone went home! Nothing like the killing, fighting, racing and bouncing that happens with games geared towards boys. This was something the whole family could enjoy together.

Just Dance 2
"We played almost every day for two hours," says Plume. "Our whole family -- whose ages ranged from 5 to 70 -- was able to participate. Everyone loved it, and it has songs for all age groups. Everyone can dance along!" After two months of "Just Dancing," she lost five pounds.

"Just Dance," which debuted in the fall of 2009, has sold more than two million copies. Since releasing on October 12, "Just Dance 2" has already made the top ten on the Wii games chart. Primetime commercials show Kim Kardashian dancing to Ke's "Tik Tok," and massive stadium-size crowds grooving along via JumboTron. On October 28th, Audrina Patridge and Jai Rodriguez (of "Queer Eye" fame) promoted the Wii game with a live dance battle in Times Square.

One of the fun new features in part two is called "Duets." My 8-year-old and I have already mastered Harry Belafonte's "Jump in the Line," which brings back fond memories of "Beetlejuice." Dancers resemble Carmen Miranda and Jack Sparrow. How can you not have fun?

The game's forty new tracks include everything from "Crazy in Love" to James Brown's "I Feel Good" to The Beastie Boys' "Body Movin" to Wham!'s "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go." Ke's "Tik Tok" had me a little concerned, as the majority of her lyrics don't exactly promote the type of lifestyle I want my daughter to aspire to. But my kid glossed over the words -- she was too busy figuring out the dance moves."I have discovered that my kids either don't get [the lyrics] or they are singing the wrong words," says Plume, mother of two girls, 8 and 6. "It's more about the beat to them right now."

"Just Dance" was a hit at nearly all of my daughter's sleepovers last year. Some concerned parents winced as our 7-years-olds sang a line from the Katy Perry song "Hot and Cold": "You PMS like a chick ...." But the girls just kept dancing away -- no questions about the "PMS" part (thank goodness).

Aside from "Duets," the new version has several new programs, including "Simon Says" and a "Just Sweat" mode for those wanting to shed a few pounds. The sweat gauge and weekly progress functions help keep track. Ubisoft (which makes the game) is touting one woman on their promotional tours; she claims to have lost 50 pounds doing "Just Dance" last year!

The moves and routines do seem a bit more challenging in "JD2," but they're still fun. And the dancers are still dressed in funky, fun outfits. One dancer with robot-type moves wears a futuristic costume that looks like it came out of the upcoming "Tron" movie. (My son likes him.)

Moms, has your family bonded over "Just Dance" or any other video games?

next: Win $1,000 for Your Child's School in VSP Vision Care's 'Apple of My Eye' Contest!
wpolscemamymocneseo April 2, 2011, 6:56 AM

I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.

pc repair April 2, 2011, 7:46 AM

Hey there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and for my part recommend to my friends. I’m confident they’ll be benefited from this site.

PRIVATE JET RENTALS April 2, 2011, 10:32 AM

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed and informative article.

lowongan pekerjaan 2011 jakarta April 2, 2011, 12:16 PM

It is the best time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have learn this publish and if I could I wish to recommend you some interesting things or tips. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!

MX Graphics April 2, 2011, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the artcle! After much of serching, this was the best article. I am glad you took the time to write it. Thanks! Tom

SolarPowerNow April 2, 2011, 6:30 PM

Hello - I must say, I’m impressed using your site. I had no trouble navigating through all the loss and information was very easy to gain access to. I found things i wanted very quickly whatsoever. Pretty great. Would appreciate it should you add forums or something like that, it might be the perfect method for your clients to interact. Congrats!

Cleaner Utah Carpet April 3, 2011, 12:58 AM

Exactly what I was searching for! thnks so much for Posting the info. I looked for a long time and found a ton of bad information, before I found this. Thanks! John

förkylning bota April 3, 2011, 4:48 PM

As soon as I found this site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them.

pond maintenance Boise April 4, 2011, 1:38 AM

A person essentially assist to make critically articles I’d state. That is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular publish amazing. Excellent process!

Solar panels for sale April 4, 2011, 3:48 AM

Heya could I reference some of the insight found in this entry if I reference you with a link back to your website?

Josue Pacapac April 4, 2011, 9:39 AM

She need not say just

bota förkylning info April 4, 2011, 3:45 PM

Yay google is my queen helped me to find this outstanding internet site ! .

Autoradioblende April 4, 2011, 9:21 PM

Grande borne! Agradecimentos para tomar o momento de escrever algo que é realmente leitura do valor. Demasiado frequentemente eu encontro a informação inútil e não a algo que é realmente relevante. Agradecimentos para seu trabalho duro.

watch old movies online April 5, 2011, 12:13 AM

Usually I don’t read article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice article.

chunky silver jewellery uk April 5, 2011, 12:39 AM

Just right issues?I’d notice that as any person who truly doesn’t write on blogs a lot (in reality, this can be my first publish), I don’t think the time period ‘lurker’ may be very turning into to a non-posting reader. It’s now not your fault in the slightest degree , but most likely the blogosphere could come up with a greater, non-creepy title for the 90% people that experience reading the content .

Multiple Sclerosis Disability April 5, 2011, 9:20 AM

Always have to comment , I can’t help it ! Thanks Ashley :-)

bugatti veyron price details April 5, 2011, 10:39 AM

I dugg some of you post as I cerebrated they were very beneficial very helpful

scrapebox April 5, 2011, 11:19 AM

Hello. Thank you for posting this!

make money writing April 5, 2011, 1:28 PM

fantastic publish, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this sector don’t understand this. You must proceed your writing. I am confident, you have a huge readers’ base already!

Paul Franssen April 5, 2011, 4:08 PM

Great post, kudos to you for taking the time to put your ideas down