Guest blogger Diana Landen: I confess that I take my husband for granted. He's not a kid who needs help and attention. Instead, he's there by my side, taking care of our children. He doesn't ask for gratitude, so it's easy to forget how much he does for us. Thanksgiving is a good time to remember him, though -- all the daily things he does to make my life so much easier and happier.
Here are ten reasons I'm thankful for my husband:
1) I love snuggling up to him at night. Every night he's there, ready to hold me while we fall asleep. If I have a bad dream, he's ready to roll over and hug me again.
2) I could never survive parenting without him. When my daughter wants to finish alphabetizing her books before she cleans her room, I need him to prevent a civil war. My husband reassures me that boys can play with guns without growing up to be killers. He makes lunches, puts the kids to bed and takes them out for donuts.
3) He thinks I'm beautiful. I think he has love goggles, but it still helps when I start to obsess about my thin hair.
4) He's willing to fight with me until we're done. This is not what he really wants to do, but over the years we've learned that our relationship works better when we take the time to work things out.
5) He brings home the bacon and fries it up in a pan. My husband works hard to support our family. I feel odd saying that, as if I'm being too old-fashioned, but actually, I should say it more often.
6) I enjoy talking to him at the end of the day. Really, I need to talk to him. He's a grownup and he always has something interesting to say. Even better, he wants to talk to me, too.
7) Sex with him is blissful. He knows me, he loves me and he makes me very happy.
8) He puts his heart into cooking dinner for us. My husband is a true cook who wants to create something we all enjoy. This is not easy with one vegetarian, one super-picky eater and a wife who can't eat citrus or onions.
9) He listens. When I'm feeling blue, he takes me out to lunch. He takes the time to listen whenever I need to moan and complain about my problems.
10) I still have a good time going out with him. We enjoy ourselves paddling a canoe or looking at art or just having a coffee.